Options

So Chris 'sore throat' story

jamesarthurjamesarthur Posts: 121
Forum Member
I was just reading his twitter where he claimed he was actually being bullied(which i find ridiculous)

But he said sorry I had a sore throat an doctor signed me off.

Really? A sore throat stops you singing in the final of the x-factor?

The newspapers go with, he was drunk(there are pics of him drunk) and furious he had just one line in the medley and insulted fellow contestants, which Carolynne Poole backs up or is the source of....

Chris then tweeted her '' you'll do anything to get a headline! disgraceful! week one! bitter. '' Clearly indicating she was lying.
But what he tweeted showed they obviously had issues. Both were in Gary's category, she was picked over him...
Kye also in Gary's had issues with Chris also.

Lucy then copied Chris's tweet to Carolynne and said ''good luck Chris'' Not sure if this was sarcastic or backing him up.

All things considered, reading his twitter i got the impression he was going a bit mental, he then tweets a radio station about doing an interview.

He does the interview, in which he says ''in my head i won'' ''i won all the weeks, then people stopped voting, people don't just stop voting'' my quotes maybe not exactly accurate but that's more or less what he said.

Obviously people began to vote more for others, rather than people stopping voting for Chris...but he didn't seem to understand that.

Carolynne tweeted that the XF released that he called her a C*** not her.

She also retweeted dan wooton saying Chris was lying about his reason for not being there.

then finally ''sour grapes anyone''

Due to the fact that Carolynne has been on the show two years in a row and never heard a problem, and Chris has seemingly had issues with a number of people, im inclined to believe her versions.

But i do think the XF need to give Chris some help.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    He just seems to be a dried up old queen with more fake tan than brain cells.

I saw that he came top of the vote for X amount of weeks. There must be some people out there who like/liked him but no, I just can't. There is something about that man that is very horrid.
  • Options
    jamesarthurjamesarthur Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    any thoughts?
  • Options
    digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Couldn't he have mimed in the group song?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    A sore throat seems a bit of a weak reason for not singing IMO. Other contestants (eg Lloyd, yes him) have soldiered on with a sore throat and tried their best. Didnt Rhydian have a sore throat one week (but he was still brilliant).
    If those quotes are true, Chris seems a bit of a cock saying "In my head I won, I won all the weeks, people dont just stop voting", bigheaded much? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    any thoughts?

i think your last line says it all, whatever happened i think the guy does need help now - especially if hes off the tour. God knows whats happened but i think its very clear hes snapped and has probably been told to keep quiet, or else, but the powers that be. Then he cant help himself but tweet and that has caused the producers to axe him from the tour im afraid
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked Chris but I've never bought into all the press stories about him being vile either. It did seem like everyone was taking a stab for the sake of it. Though his absence last night has made me wonder if he really was that much of an arse.

I just don't believe the sore throat story.
    Even if he couldn't sing he still could've danced about on stage with the other contestants and mimed the group bits. You know, sore throat doesn't stop you from making an appearance at the finale of what's been your life the last 8 or 9 weeks. Dermot would have at least announcd "chris is too il to be with us tonight"

Clearly either he wanted to leave or someone higher up made him leave.

And yes, like you say, people didn't "stop" voting for him. Just James fans decided to start voting.Him being in the bottom two probably caused a lot more fans to start voting. A lot of people probably save their votes until the later stages anyway. Or only vote on impulse during the final. Chris is being silly if he genuinely believes people "stopped" voting for him due to press stories.

As for Chris and Carolyne, they should stop having twitter wars they just look silly. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was allegedly ill on Friday, couldn't complete a run through of his songs and was on complete voice rest wearing a sign round his neck.
    Saturday he completes his songs in the final and is eliminated.
    Saturday night he goes out on a bender and doesn't get 'home' until 4am
    Saturday he is late for rehearsals and throws a strop because Sunday won't be all about him and he will be just one of the other contestants that made the live shows.

Ill my arse. For someone who has worked in the industry in some capacity previously, he is is exquisitely unprofessional.

Get him a soap-on-a-rope from the 1980's and let him sing until his heart is content. In his shower.

Stupid, stupid man.
  • Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a sore throat and a genuine illness I am sure it would have been noted on air live. "Chris cannot be with us as he is ill get well soon buddy" etc as they have done with every act every year. The fact that they didn't and he has been removed from tour adverts this morning gives the stories power.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a sore throat and a genuine illness I am sure it would have been noted on air live. "Chris cannot be with us as he is ill get well soon buddy" etc as they have done with every act every year. The fact that they didn't and he has been removed from tour adverts this morning gives the stories power.

How could they say he is ill after they had released a story claiming he had walked off..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris does appear like an arse. He's a grown man (older than me) and acting like a 14 year old. He should have been more professional. How does he go from not being able to talk on Friday to singing on Saturday? Ill my codlings :mad:
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you do feel ill with a hangover
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but you can still talk with a hangover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes you're not that inclined to though... esp. with a "sore throat" after making the rounds of gay bars :yawn::o:o
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The big question no one is asking though is this

Had he got through to the final two would he have still had the sore throat

;)

Make up your own mind and pass that on :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big question no one is asking though is this

Had he got through to the final two would he have still had the sore throat

;)

Make up your own mind and pass that on :p

nice one.:p

but the reality at the mo of james winning is so shamazing we don't really have time for

coulda woulda shoulda :sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could they say he is ill after they had released a story claiming he had walked off..

Why would they have released a story saying he had walked off, if he was simply ill ?

Why would they DO that ?

... it makes no sense ( and as Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true" )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Why would they have released a story saying he had walked off, if he was simply ill ?

Why would they DO that ?

... it makes no sense ( and as Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true" )

wise woman.:D
  • Options
    RockyRoadRockyRoad Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    MinnyMau5 wrote: »
    I've never liked Chris but I've never bought into all the press stories about him being vile either. It did seem like everyone was taking a stab for the sake of it. Though his absence last night has made me wonder if he really was that much of an arse.

I just don't believe the sore throat story.
    Even if he couldn't sing he still could've danced about on stage with the other contestants and mimed the group bits. You know, sore throat doesn't stop you from making an appearance at the finale of what's been your life the last 8 or 9 weeks. Dermot would have at least announcd "chris is too il to be with us tonight"

Clearly either he wanted to leave or someone higher up made him leave.

And yes, like you say, people didn't "stop" voting for him. Just James fans decided to start voting.Him being in the bottom two probably caused a lot more fans to start voting. A lot of people probably save their votes until the later stages anyway. Or only vote on impulse during the final. Chris is being silly if he genuinely believes people "stopped" voting for him due to press stories.

As for Chris and Carolyne, they should stop having twitter wars they just look silly. :sleep:

Or maybe Chris left because he did indeed turn up drunk. The guy's gets drunk all the time. I hate it when people just make excuses for him, saying the tabloids lie. Yes newspapers lie, but stuff we can actually see ourselves being said and tweets are not lies. Get over it.

Chris was voting for himself there is no other explanation for his high votes. Menan was also voting and put her entire life savings. It's really annoying how people just don't get the fact that Chris was clearly not good/popular, especially not twice as much popular than Jahmene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris was voting for himself (so were the others I suspect) but surely he cant have done it THAT much? :o
    The thought his nan used her LIFE SAVINGS to vote for him is a bit :eek: :o Very OTT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Chris was voting for himself (so were the others I suspect) but surely he cant have done it THAT much? :o
    The thought his nan used her LIFE SAVINGS to vote for him is a bit :eek: :o Very OTT.

of course it is OTT... it's banter!! lolz!!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phew, so she didnt actually use her life savings? :)
    I didnt like him possibly using emotional blackmail with his nan "Me nan is feeling terrible because people criticise me" (?!) Well Boo hoo, every contestant has to deal with criticism :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I don't believe he was signed off by the doctor, because I'm pretty sure he would have been alright if he had gotten through to the final. Plus as someone else said, he could have mimed if that was the case. Dunno about the rest 'cause there's not really any proof.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading his twitter where he claimed he was actually being bullied(which i find ridiculous)

But he said sorry I had a sore throat an doctor signed me off.

Really? A sore throat stops you singing in the final of the x-factor?

The newspapers go with, he was drunk(there are pics of him drunk) and furious he had just one line in the medley and insulted fellow contestants, which Carolynne Poole backs up or is the source of....

Chris then tweeted her '' you'll do anything to get a headline! disgraceful! week one! bitter. '' Clearly indicating she was lying.
    But what he tweeted showed they obviously had issues. Both were in Gary's category, she was picked over him...
    Kye also in Gary's had issues with Chris also.

Lucy then copied Chris's tweet to Carolynne and said ''good luck Chris'' Not sure if this was sarcastic or backing him up.

All things considered, reading his twitter i got the impression he was going a bit mental, he then tweets a radio station about doing an interview.

He does the interview, in which he says ''in my head i won'' ''i won all the weeks, then people stopped voting, people don't just stop voting'' my quotes maybe not exactly accurate but that's more or less what he said.

Obviously people began to vote more for others, rather than people stopping voting for Chris...but he didn't seem to understand that.

Carolynne tweeted that the XF released that he called her a C*** not her.

She also retweeted dan wooton saying Chris was lying about his reason for not being there.

then finally ''sour grapes anyone''

Due to the fact that Carolynne has been on the show two years in a row and never heard a problem, and Chris has seemingly had issues with a number of people, im inclined to believe her versions.

But i do think the XF need to give Chris some help.

Really sad if you find bullying rediculous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People may not just stop voting but other people start. Looking at the figures it seems possible that no-one (who wasnt a fan) thought chris was really a contender and perhaps thought he was just scraping through each week, and perhaps also assumed that people such as James, Jahmene,Ella were safe for a little time yet.

Then James/Ella hit the bottom two and Ella went home. Looking at the figures after that is when James started heading upwards, eventually winning reasonably easily - So I think James fans who were a bit blase about voting in the early weeks realised that everyone else was also being blase so they all started voting.

Lucky for James and his fans that Ella got the lower votes that week.

As for chris, he has been given such a hard time and whether the stories about him being a git are true or false, no-one deserves that level of abuse. I think he had a meltdown and frankly I don't blame him. Don't like him but wouldnt wish that on anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    The most sour grapes are grown in Liverpool.