SCD Week 10 (Musicals Week) Discussion Thread - Sat 7pm/Sun 7.20pm

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
Forum Member
✭✭
The show moves back in the schedules tonight as the seven following remaining couples dance to the following songs from the following musicals:
Abbey & Aljaz - Salsa to "You Should Be Dancing" from Saturday Night Fever
Ashley & Ola - Rumba to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin
Mark & Iveta - Samba to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" from The Lion King
Natalie & Artem - American Smooth to "I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls
Patrick & Anya - Charleston to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Sophie & Brendan - Viennese Waltz to "My Favourite Things" from The Sound of Music
Susanna & Kevin - Quickstep to "Good Morning" from Singin' in the Rain

Happy posting!

Comments

• daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread :)

Dreading tonight's costumes.. particularly Mark and Ashley's.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have to wait a whole 30 extra minutes for this weeks show (*boo*, *hiss*).

The routines:

Ashley and Ola will Rumba to ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle

Patrick and Anya will dance the Charleston to ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’

Abbey and Aljaz will dance the Salsa to the Saturday Night Fever favourite ‘You Should Be Dancing’ by the Bee Gees.

Sophie and Brendan will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to the Sound of Music classic ‘My Favourite Things’ by Julie Andrews

Mark and Iveta will Samba to The Lion King’s ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King’

Susanna and Kevin will Quickstep to Tommy Steele’s version of ‘Good Morning’ from Singin’ In The Rain

Natalie and Artem will dance the American Smooth to Jennifer Hudson’s ‘I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’ from Dreamgirls

How to vote

If Natalie doesn't burst into song mid-routine, I am going to be sorely disappointed :(:p What are you looking forward to seeing?
  • cc264cc264 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to another brilliant Strictly! Just hope they don't go OTT with the costumes and props...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have alerted this thread and asked for it to be merged.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for starting the thread - looking forward to seeing some dress rehearsal pics.:D

Edit: Just noticed that Smokeychan started a thread at more or less the same time, but has now asked for it to be merged with this one.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye thanks. It was getting late again this week ;)

We would normally start seeing rehearsal pics before now, but as the show is on 30 minutes later, I guess we have a little longer to wait, sadly. I'm excited for lion tails :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rehearsal pics (and potential running order):

Patrick (looking very dapper) and Anya
    Natalie (in an Abbey cast-off) and Artem
    Mark and Iveta (can't see her tail)
    Sophie (very long gown ;)) and Brendan
    Abbey (in a 90s perm) and Aljaz
    Ashley (Gunz (small zed) out) and Ola (Black wig! and heavily strapped knee)
    Susanna and Kevin (lol the uproar if she closes the show again :D)

Uh oh. Mark and Sophie's pics have been removed. The last times this has happened is when an injury has occurred that has forced a change to the running order :(

Edit, nevermind, they are back and Abbey up now.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rehearsal pics (and potential running order):

Patrick (looking very dapper) and Anya
    Natalie (in an Abbey cast-off) and Artem
    Mark and Iveta (can't see her tail)
    Sophie (very long gown ;)) and Brendan

Uh oh. Mark and Sophie's pics have been removed. The last times these have happened is when an injury has occurred that has forced a change to the running order :(

Nah, they've taken pictures down and shifted the running order about in other weeks too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Nah, they've taken pictures down and shifted the running order about in other weeks too.

Maybe once outside of injuries cwickham, but perhaps because we didn't get to hear about it. Normally (well, 7 of 10 weeks) they don't muck about with them. As I have said before, the gallery and blog show different orders and I think that is why some people think there is more faffing than there is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks as though at least 3 couples have backing dancers again.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    We have to wait a whole 30 extra minutes for this weeks show (*boo*, *hiss*).

The routines:

Ashley and Ola will Rumba to ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle

Patrick and Anya will dance the Charleston to ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’

Abbey and Aljaz will dance the Salsa to the Saturday Night Fever favourite ‘You Should Be Dancing’ by the Bee Gees.

Sophie and Brendan will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to the Sound of Music classic ‘My Favourite Things’ by Julie Andrews

Mark and Iveta will Samba to The Lion King’s ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King’

Susanna and Kevin will Quickstep to Tommy Steele’s version of ‘Good Morning’ from Singin’ In The Rain

Natalie and Artem will dance the American Smooth to Jennifer Hudson’s ‘I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’ from Dreamgirls

How to vote

If Natalie doesn't burst into song mid-routine, I am going to be sorely disappointed :(:p What are you looking forward to seeing?

I am actually looking forward to seeing what Artem is going to do with the iconic song they were given. I get it that Dreamgirls is not exactly a hit with the SCD posters, but it is still playing on Broadway and has been for over 16 years. It's a great musical that was turned into a award winning movie.

I suspect that production realized they had an opportunity presented to them to use the song in their musical week when Nat and Artem's partnership occurred. I'm sure Artem and Natalie understand the choice they've been given. It's a song full of drama and a good choreographer can do so much with it. I'm sure Nat's feeling the pressure of getting this right and I think she will do ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely perspective to take idetached.

I know the song Nat and Artem are dancing too of course, but had no idea until this week that it was from a musical. I feel so ignorant but I am sure there are many like me, so understand why some forum members - Natalie fans in particular - might be a little disgruntled. It doesn't help that the song hardly screams 'Am. Smooth', but that does make the anticipation of seeing where they go with it all more the exciting :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to every single couple this week. I hope they all improve on last week and that the judges give clear critiques rather than wishy washy flim flam.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks as though at least 3 couples have backing dancers again.:(

BBC just continuing to bring down the quality of the show once again!!! :mad:

Whoever has backing dancers I will certainly not be casting my votes for them. SCD should be about just the couple not anything else.

I put up with Props etc but its getting ridiculous. :mad:

Rant over pre-show lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie will perform last this week I suspect due to the controversy of that dire Rumba and temper tantrum Brendan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    BBC just continuing to bring down the quality of the show once again!!! :mad:

Whoever has backing dancers I will certainly not be casting my votes for them. SCD should be about just the couple not anything else.

I put up with Props etc but its getting ridiculous. :mad:

Rant over pre-show lol :D

Glad you finished with a big grin there, it wouldn't do to take it all too seriously I suppose!;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you finished with a big grin there, it wouldn't do to take it all too seriously I suppose!;):D

lol I think we all take SCD too seriously :D

Just about able to tolerate props now BBC including backing dancers. Makes the show tacky and not Strictly more like lets dance for comic relief.
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening Strictlyites! How are my lovelies tonight.

From what I have read, it's going to be an exciting one. If Marks gets in the bottom two I think he will go tonight (love Mark though).

However, if he does'nt - will it be a shock elimination!!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laptop Lil wrote: »
    Good evening Strictlyites! How are my lovelies tonight.

From what I have read, it's going to be an exciting one. If Marks gets in the bottom two I think he will go tonight (love Mark though).

However, if he does'nt - will it be a shock elimination!!! :o

I suspect it will either be Mark or Abbey who goes tonight.

If viewers are sympathetic to Mark, Abbey could be be the next worse as she has a latin I think.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all:) Hoping tonight is better than last week as i thought it was a bit flat perhaps after Blackpool.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Evening everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. :)
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brendan will throw his rattle out of the pram tonight :o

Maybe Sophie's told him to keep it zipped :D
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all! Come on over-running quiz programme, please end and let the sparkles commence!
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI all..