Eggheads overkill

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't BBC Two let go of this quiz for more than two weeks of the year? Unless there's sport on, Eggheads seems to have been running non stop five days a week for nearly ten years. It wouldn't be so bad if it was once a week, but five days a week of this humourless, pompous programme and its arrogant panel is enough. It's like The Chase for people who consider themselves better than the more entertaining ITV quiz.

Comments

• RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and now there's yet another thread you started on it . Talk about overkill!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just like how it was with The Weakest Link
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant watch eggheads, it makes me angry.
    Its the most drawn out quiz on tv, they really could do the whole show within 5 minutes. Plus the eggheads seem to be a bunch of tw*ts.
    its commonly referred to as '********s' within my family

ANSWER THE F**KING QUESTION. I dont need to know how you came to the answer!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I like 'Eggheads'. OK, it's not 'University Challenge' but it's pleasant enough to have on while having dinner.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never watch it! I would rather cook the dinner than watch this rubbish - and I hate cooking!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Its the most drawn out quiz on tv, they really could do the whole show within 5 minutes. Plus the eggheads seem to be a bunch of tw*ts.

The alternative to this is that we hear more about the challengers private lives. At least with the current way of doing it we learn something, All about killing time, So the current way is the less of two pointless evils
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

and the latest spin off with CJ is even more painful to watch, what an over inflated ego
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    The alternative to this is that we hear more about the challengers private lives. At least with the current way of doing it we learn something, All about killing time, So the current way is the less of two pointless evils

You could have a lot more questions, which is the point of a quiz show
    That sounded quite sniffy, i do apologise :)
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Can't BBC Two let go of this quiz for more than two weeks of the year? Unless there's sport on, Eggheads seems to have been running non stop five days a week for nearly ten years. It wouldn't be so bad if it was once a week, but five days a week of this humourless, pompous programme and its arrogant panel is enough. It's like The Chase for people who consider themselves better than the more entertaining ITV quiz.

Well I personally enjoy it. Get some perspective please, it's on for only half an hour on BBC2. I doubt it's having an adverse effect on your life and many clearly enjoy it.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    You could have a lot more questions, which is the point of a quiz show
    That sounded quite sniffy, i do apologise :)

That is way too intelligent an answer for something like eggheads :)

They should make the rounds best of 5 questions, 3 is not enough.