Unlocking Iphone

ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just got it unlocked but I got an email from Vodafone saying I need to connect it to iTunes to complete it with a new sim. Does this have to be done by connecting it to my computer? If so I may have a problem as my iTunes on my computer is different to my iPhone itunes. Also do I do this before or after doing a factory reset and erase as I'm selling it which is the reason for unblocking. Cheers.

Comments

• AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just try putting the new sim in the phone it can be done over the network nowadays.
  • ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will give it ago.
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    Thanks, will give it ago.

You might have to reboot the phone. You DO have to give the phone an internet connection (WiFi) and enter your apple ID and password for the phone to check with Apple that it is unlocked and re-activate.

Once you've done this once, you can swap SIMs at any time (with the phone on).

A colleague running a 3GS last week had to reset the phone (iOS 6), but iPhone 4 and later on iOS 7 should work over the air without a computer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. One more question I haven't reset yet but I have erased the iPhone with my old sim still in it. The only problem is going into the itunes app still shows my apple/itunes address. How do I delete that as it didn't erase with the system reset or is it sim related. Cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is sorted now but I can't delete my email address from Icloud. I deleted my account and then erased all settings and content. I then checked and found that my email address reappeared in Icloud and itunes. How do I get rid of it?
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    Everything is sorted now but I can't delete my email address from Icloud. I deleted my account and then erased all settings and content. I then checked and found that my email address reappeared in Icloud and itunes. How do I get rid of it?

On the phone or on the computer? If you reset the iPhone "Erase all settings" then you will go through the first time screens (starts white with 'hello' in lots of languages). Just don't input an email address during that process. (Press the little 'skip' option in the corner when prompted).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on the phone. I was skipping all the things as you said but for some reason my email address in cloud and iTunes remained. I have since reset again and this time it has disappeared. Very strange.