*spoilers* McBusted tour setlist

bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So mcbusted kicked off their tour last night, although did a fairly disappointing 17 songs. 10 busted, 6 mcfly and a cover of 'I want you back'. TBH, I think they have missed out quite a few popular songs.....anyway this is the setlist. ...

air hostess
Crashed the wedding
Britney
Who's David
Five colours in her hair
Obviously
Sleeping with the light on
Star girl
Nerdy (totally perplexed why this was included)
Room on the third floor
Thunderbirds are go (surprised but very happy they did this)
I want you back
Shine a light
What I go to school for
Crashed the wedding
All about you
Year 3000

No lies, love is easy, transylvania, you said no, she wants to be me, psycho girl, please please. Really short setlist as well. What do others think? And please no smartar*e the shorter the better comments haha.

Comments

• bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the setlist was cut last night as they took to the stage half an hour late, so there will be songs added.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the setlist was cut last night as they took to the stage half an hour late, so there will be songs added.

Makes sense... it does seem very odd that Busted would have 10 songs but McFly only have 6!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to Busted recently on Spotify kind of regret not getting tickets!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I went last night and they did do you said no, Was the second song but yeah pretty disappointed in only 6 Mcfly songs!
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 3am :(

They should get rid of Nerdy and Britney and add a couple more McFly songs.

Saw the intro on youtube and loved that they used a
    Delorean.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw them last night. They were on stage on time and performed the same setlist as the previous night (show lasted 1hr 40mins) so I think it will probably be the setlist for the whole tour:

Air Hostess
    You Said No
    Britney
    Who's David
    5 Colours in Her Hair
    Obviously
    Sleeping With the Light On
    Star Girl
    Nerdy
    Room on the 3rd Floor
    Thunderbirds Are Go
    MJ medley
    Shine A Light
    What I Go To School For

Crashed the Wedding
    All About You
    Year 3000

Absolutely brilliant show. Only complaint would be too few McFly songs but they obviously know that this is a nostalgia tour for Busted fans so sticking to the early hits. The UFO section is mesmerising. It was literally at our block. Best seats in the house if you can get them!
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.....only 1 hour 40 mins? They could easily have done 2 hours - bit disappointed. Apparently from people I've spoke to they completely overuse video montages as well. I'm going to see them in Hyde Park, and can't wait. Maybe 3 am is too high a song for them to sing now?
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.....only 1 hour 40 mins? They could easily have done 2 hours - bit disappointed. Apparently from people I've spoke to they completely overuse video montages as well. I'm going to see them in Hyde Park, and can't wait. Maybe 3 am is too high a song for them to sing now?

I thought it was quite short but the great thing about the show is that there is never a dull moment. It is a full on high octane show for the full 100mins. The only song that wasn't met with rapturous applause was 'Nerdy' but as they performed it on the UFO, the crowd's energy and enthusiasm didn't let up. The only thing that could be added is more McFly songs. An extra three songs ('One for the Radio', 'That Girl' and 'Transylvania' would fit well within the context of the show) would probably round both the show up to 2hrs and the setlist to 20 songs.

I wouldn't say they overuse the video montages. I'd say the show is split into four different sections and there's a video montage before each one. The intro is only a 2min VT of the Busted boys saying they need to infiltrate McFly in order to join them and need to travel 'back to the future' to do so. The second is in the form of a breaking news report to introduce the UFO segment and lasts for about 5mins (mainly because the band need to get to the UFO on the other side of the arena. The third is also about 5mins long (as the band need to travel back from the UFO). The final one takes place before the encore and features the Busted boys putting their own spin on one of the defining McFly moments. They don't overuse them in any way. I've been to shows in the last year where video interludes took place after every few songs. The band need these moments to change instruments or for set pieces to be put in place.

I think the reason 3AM has been left out is because Charlie did the majority of the vocals on it. It's the one popular Busted song that comes to mind which heavily features him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I went to Liverpool on Saturday night, was really skeptical about what the show was going to be like. I'm a huge McFly fan, and was a big Busted fan when they were around. The McBusted stint at the Albert Hall was fantastic - as a one off special to celebrate the ten year anniversary, but really wasn't sure about a full show.

They really shocked me - I enjoyed it from start to finish! Agreed, the set list needs more McFly songs, but over all was really energetic and fun.

I'm on the side of the fence that doesn't want a McBusted album, and just wants McFly back with Album 6, and a non arena tour - thats how they perform best.

McBusted is bait of fun and has taken off much better than anyone could have expected, but it's time to go back to what make McFly special :)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to see them on Friday with my best mate from secondary school. I do think they could easily take out Nerdy and Britney, and throw in a couple more McFly songs (Lies and Love Is On The Radio would be my choice) but this was always going to more about Busted than McFly anyway, so I'm not overly fussed. I've seen come clips online from the shows so far, and it looks like a great show. I'm stupidly excited :D