James Whitaker - Camilla

PoseidonPoseidon Posts: 173
Forum Member
WHY I STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED TO LOVE CAMILLA By James Whitaker

I AM not totally against the Duchess of Cornwall. She has put a genuine smile back on to the face of Prince Charles.

But it's very hard for me - and, I suspect, for millions of others - to believe she's as much the answer to our prayers as she is to her husband's. She and Charles carry far too much baggage ...

As we approach their first wedding anniversary, there is a growing propulsion to make us love and accept them. Well, I don't and I can't - yet.

There are those who are prepared to forgive, if not forget, what these two got up to, and who increasingly tell us that as a nation we are "warming" to Camilla.

Really? They don't convince me.

Full article

Comments

• lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't mind her. She's loved Charles for years. She's fought against the world's press and the monarchy and turned a blind eye when the country tore her to shreds, and for that she should be commended.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheesshh Whitaker is like Burrell. Move on people. It has been 9 years I think since Diana. (Gees time goes fast). AND they were divorced. I am not sure why people are still so against. Who cares at the end of the day...
  • PoseidonPoseidon Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    But Charles and Camilla are an item and, let us be certain, CPB is enjoying her status. Forget humility. Grandeur comes easily to her as I first noted in February 2002 after Camilla attended a private dinner.

A fellow guest said: "She expected everybody to obey her every wish. If the Queen herself had been present she would not have been treated with more reverence than Camilla demanded. I was shocked."

She's no different today. Even old friends are expected to curtsy and to make appointments, via an equerry or secretary.
    Here's the original article relating to the above quote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Im sure Camilla and Charles will be losing HOURS of sleep worrying what that pompous **** James Whittaker thinks of them......
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the pair of them extremely irritating and that's got nothing to do with Diana.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pompous old fart - really, who gives a flying fig about his opinion anyway?
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, considering that Princess Diana always pointed several fingers of blame at all the courtiers and men in suits that litter the workings of the monchary, I'd guess that Camilla feels she has to stand up to them.

And if she can make just one of those self important toadies feel uncomfortable, then more power to her elbow!
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find James Whitaker's obsession with the Royal Family disturbing. I know it's his job if he's some sort of Royal reporter but it's almost like he's full of bitterness because he isn't one of them. Have you heard the artificial way he talks?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Poseidon wrote:
    WHY I STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED TO LOVE CAMILLA By James Whitaker

I AM not totally against the Duchess of Cornwall. She has put a genuine smile back on to the face of Prince Charles.

But it's very hard for me - and, I suspect, for millions of others - to believe she's as much the answer to our prayers as she is to her husband's. She and Charles carry far too much baggage ...

As we approach their first wedding anniversary, there is a growing propulsion to make us love and accept them. Well, I don't and I can't - yet.

There are those who are prepared to forgive, if not forget, what these two got up to, and who increasingly tell us that as a nation we are "warming" to Camilla.

Really? They don't convince me.

Full article

I have to agree with James on this one, Camilla seems a game women and has made Charlie a far happy chappy than he used to be. It is CharlesI have a problem with, he is spoiled rotten and wants his cake and eat it. The throne
    should pass to William who has lived in the real world and doesn't need a valet to hold hi xiss pot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them both, its a shame they weren't allowed to marry when they first fell in love. It would have saved a lot of heartache for all concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think many of British public have not moved on is because they feel for the young boys more than these 2 so called adults.. to have seen your mother heartbroken by your father having a very public and seedy affair with this old bag- and now while your mother lies in a grave your father has married this very woman that the boys themselves probably despise must be incredibly tough.
    Charles has put this woman before his sons and many feel that is inexcusable.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Before everyone writes I should move on with my life (or get a life!!) I would just like to make the following comments.

The Camilla and Charles marriage is something I do not believe Diana would have been able to accept. Also the fact that they (the palace/advisors) use the Princes William and Harry to win over the public sticks in my throat!! The Royal Family seem to be determined to airbrush Diana from history (and they are doing a wonderful job of that) We have heard so many ghastly stories about her and she cannot defend herself and her boys seem to be happy to accept the situation and never defend her or hardly mention her at all but we are ALL told how they love Camilla "to bits!!" Even on their offical interviews (graduation from University, birthdays etc) she is hardly mentioned and I think that is dreadful as she adored her boys. If Charles and Camilla had met up after Diana's death I would be OK with that and wish them well but they both drove a very young woman (with very little life experience) nearly stark raving mad with their selfish behaviour and I blame BOTH of them. How many women out there could happily accept the fact that their ex-husbands have married their long term mistresses who helped break their marriage up!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before everyone writes I should move on with my life (or get a life!!) I would just like to make the following comments.

The Camilla and Charles marriage is something I do not believe Diana would have been able to accept. Also the fact that they (the palace/advisors) use the Princes William and Harry to win over the public sticks in my throat!! The Royal Family seem to be determined to airbrush Diana from history (and they are doing a wonderful job of that) We have heard so many ghastly stories about her and she cannot defend herself and her boys seem to be happy to accept the situation and never defend her or hardly mention her at all but we are ALL told how they love Camilla "to bits!!" Even on their offical interviews (graduation from University, birthdays etc) she is hardly mentioned and I think that is dreadful as she adored her boys. If Charles and Camilla had met up after Diana's death I would be OK with that and wish them well but they both drove a very young woman (with very little life experience) nearly stark raving mad with their selfish behaviour and I blame BOTH of them. How many women out there could happily accept the fact that their ex-husbands have married their long term mistresses who helped break their marriage up!!

Totally. They really used the boys and their so called acceptance of it all as their wedding marketing to win over the public, it was cruel and selfish. My father had affairs all our life and I wont even speak to the women on the phone whennthey call up- let alone meet them- let alone be forecd to give my praise and attend their wedding! I know how hard it must have been for the boys- especially when the foul sex tape of Charles and this old bat was published for the world to see... He just thinks of himself and Camilla.
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I 100% totally agree with you. I am sick and tired of hearing now what a wonderful person she is and that the public are beginning to accept her. If he is so in love with her why didn't he marry her all those years ago when they were younger then another woman's life would not have been ruined!
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to think the royal family have learned their lesson over marriage though. They seem to be allowing Prince William freedom in his life, and I hope they don't try to prevent him marrying Kate, if she is his choice.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I detest the pair of them for so many reasons - not least their support of foxhunting. The only good thing I can say about the relationship is that they truly deserve each other. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling- totally with you on that on both points
  • PrefabSproutPrefabSprout Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote:
    If he is so in love with her why didn't he marry her all those years ago when they were younger then another woman's life would not have been ruined!

He didn't marry her because he got shunted off to sea because he was serving in the Royal Navy at the time. Camilla didn't particularly want to be Princess of Wales at that time either. Unfortunately, while Charles was away, she fell in love with Andrew Parker-Bowles and married him instead. Maybe that was a mistake, but these things happen.
    Charles was forced by his family and his position into marriage with a very inexperienced young and needy woman, with loads of problems of her own. No one should get it into their heads that Diana was a saint, and while Charles was only sh**ging Camilla, she was sh**ging at least a dozen men over a period of time.

Time's passed. Diana's dead.
    I'm not a fan of the royals, but surely no one would wish deliberate unhappiness on Charles and Camilla.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    I am not a fan of the Royal Family and I deplore Charles and Camilla's support of foxhunting. However I think she suits Charles better than Diana ever did. Seems more his "type" and is nearer his age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    time has passed, Diana is dead. The half a dozen men have mostly only crept out of woodwork since she died and can not defend herself against these claims. there only seems proof of 2 relationships she has had and one can argue she knew all the time she was 2nd best to Camilla- she received no love or affection from Charles- hell he admitted on national tv he didn’t even know if he was in love with her when they were getting married!- So when a woman feels run down and is made to feel unwanted and ugly by a man- she will often seek solace somewhere else.

Diana is dead- but her boys are still here and they are far more important that Charles and his needs.
  • PrefabSproutPrefabSprout Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    beccyl wrote:
    Diana is dead- but her boys are still here and they are far more important that Charles and his needs.

They are young men embarking on Army careers and will probably be sent off to Iraq at sometime in the future. They're not young boys who've lost their mother anymore.

They appear happy with Camilla, so who should criticise?
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are young men embarking on Army careers and will probably be sent off to Iraq at sometime in the future. They're not young boys who've lost their mother anymore.

They appear happy with Camilla, so who should criticise?

They were young boys when their mother died, which would have had a profound effect on them, and they have lived almost ten years without her. Even if they are adults, they live with the knowledge their mother will never see them marry, and that she will never be a grandmother to any children they may have. How do we really know how they feel about Camilla, they're hardly going to tell us, are they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beccyl wrote:
    I think many of British public have not moved on is because they feel for the young boys more than these 2 so called adults.. to have seen your mother heartbroken by your father having a very public and seedy affair with this old bag- and now while your mother lies in a grave your father has married this very woman that the boys themselves probably despise must be incredibly tough.
    Charles has put this woman before his sons and many feel that is inexcusable.
    Harry has stated that Camilla has made his father very happy and people should leave her alone. I believe William has stated something similar. When you see pictures of them together there is no animosity in posture. They seemed very friendly with them in that episode of Queens Castle.

I think that it way past the time for people to stop attributing feelings to people they don't know and are never going to know. Diana wasn't a saint, no matter how much people try to portray her as such. I never understand why people continue to take sides in a relationship that had nothing to do with them. The only relationship you can justifiably take sides in is your own.

I really don't understand why the press can't let Diana rest in peace. Haven't we all suffered enough?
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People take sides in relationships all the time. And they certainly have a right to a view on this one, since we're paying through the nose for the parasites. It's long since time that they were stopped squandering Duchy of Cornwall money that could be much better spent elsewhere. :mad:

And I'm tired of people whinging on that Diana wasn't a saint - I don't recall anyone saying that she was. She certainly seemed a much nicer person than the spoilt, petulant, unpleasant Charles and Camilla.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it, it was a horrible situation all round. No-one was happy, everyone was cheating, Diana died tragically, he remarried. She's not going anywhere, so let them at it.
    She does look like a horse though, Charlie's well matched with her.