Comments

• chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fosterscan wrote: »
    im very surspised by the amount of critisicm that NF gets on here he is by far my favourite , his breakfast show is a masterclass in presenting it flows with impeccible timing , always interesting news and topics , forthright with his views and says it how it is , and he has great humour in the way he teases the callers .

I must just pick you up on the bit in bold - he says it how he sees it. Big difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grr! Who is Gordie Rhubarb? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://files.myopera.com/FOAMAR/STATS/lbc/289.html
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I don't get this idea that presenters should have to state everything 'in my opinion'. That should be obvious, who else would they be speaking on behalf of?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get this idea that presenters should have to state everything 'in my opinion'. That should be obvious, who else would they be speaking on behalf of?

What about the ones who say 'I, myself'? :rolleyes:
  • puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    A little bonus on Steve's show this morning - an entertaining call from actress Frances Barber about her views on older actresses not being encouraged to look their age.

Morning all. :)

love Steve Allen, recently discovered him, and am absolutely hooked, how does he get away with the things he says, most entertaining presenter on the channel. Love his podcasts too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    puddytat wrote: »
    love Steve Allen, recently discovered him, and am absolutely hooked, how does he get away with the things he says, most entertaining presenter on the channel. Love his podcasts too

Evening Mr Allen :D
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    I must just pick you up on the bit in bold - he says it how he sees it. Big difference.

Ditto
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    What about the ones who say 'I, myself'? :rolleyes:
    I've just realised, reading back, that I didn't make myself clear enough, chin.

What I really mean is that several people have said that presenters should state things as 'in their opinion' and not as fact - I'm just saying that surely everything they say is obviously their opinion (who else would they be speaking for!) Same thing that my opinion on here is just that, my opinion and not fact.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Balderdash.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    I'm just saying that surely everything they say is obviously their opinion (who else would they be speaking for!) Same thing that my opinion on here is just that, my opinion and not fact.

It's hard to reply without citing specific examples, but bottom line is that I disagree that it is obvious. When presenters state things as fact, who knows what is proven and what they are just making up? Agree that some things are obviously opinion, but it's not always obvious.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balderdash.

Oh go on - say what you really mean! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're just jealous that you're stuck on bronze! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To some extent Steve is different to everyone else on the station the problem is that even he eventually trods old ground but I assume they don't think we're all tuning in regularly and dip in occasionally...

I've got broadband...yay!:p:D

What a difference...wish I'd done it sooner...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member

Is that file safe to open? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I've got broadband...yay!:p:D

What a difference...wish I'd done it sooner...

Excellent, Gildy :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that file safe to open? :D

Absolutely! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, Gildy :cool:

I may turn my life upside down(stay up nights, sleep mornings)and I still have quite a bit of access to the day...after all I know what it's like to be up late caring for Mum.

Of course if I am downloading software updates or podcasts I'll set it off and let it do what it has to do and go to bed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may turn my life upside down(stay up nights, sleep mornings)and I still have quite a bit of access to the day...after all I know what it's like to be up late caring for Mum.

Of course if I am downloading software updates or podcasts I'll set it off and let it do what it has to do and go to bed...

Well done, but why haven't you got 24/7 access? Is it a price issue? I get my landline phone and broadband rental for about £20 a month.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i was always told to take my transistor wherever I go !

BTW I have shaved some of the beard off since the photo was taken, and transplanted it to the head !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, but why haven't you got 24/7 access? Is it a price issue? I get my landline phone and broadband rental for about £20 a month.

I have...:) the main package is between 8am-midnight(and overnight)but between Midnight and 8am it does not bite into the 60gb allowance of the package so I can do the heavy stuff.

The pc man will have to come back. I've lost access to my bedroom phone which you can use when on broadband...Something must be missing or cables need moving around.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The pc man will have to come back. I've lost access to my bedroom phone which you can use when on broadband...Something must be missing or cables need moving around.

Make sure you have a microfilter from the phone socket. You then plug the phone into one socket (and the router if it is in the same room, in the other).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suspect it's something to do with that... The phoneline is ok downstairs, there is a microfilter downstairs and in the bedroom too...I suspect something needs moving...For now I can use the telephone downstairs...or the mobile...
  • Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member

I used to feel like that when I discovered SA. Now I can't listen to him for more than a couple of minutes.

It was better when he had his guests, though I know lots of people disagree, but at least you got to hear their views, now it's all just about him and it gets tiresome after a while.
This discussion has been closed.