✭✭
    Has Rachel ever won it?

Just voted....

:D;-)
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »

Posteri . . . I see what you did there! ;-)
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    OMG! This guy Douglas is the worst Countdown contestant ever! Bellowing out his instructions and saying consonant, vowel is a really weird way. I don't think he's all there.
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has Suzi used a laptop rather than a dictionary?!
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Johnr wrote: »
    Since when has Suzi used a laptop rather than a dictionary?!

Since the beginning of the current series about 4 weeks ago.
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 131,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    OMG! This guy Douglas is the worst Countdown contestant ever! Bellowing out his instructions and saying consonant, vowel is a really weird way. I don't think he's all there.

He did come across as being a bit of a nutter, he was almost embarrassing.

Apparently, during his introduction, Nick said that one of his jobs was counting sheep. I think maybe he has spent too much time with his sheep! :D
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I only caught some it but he was clearly a guy with no self-awareness whatsoever.

You could tell all the others were a bit awkward about how to deal with him.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice today that they made a HUGE error. The contestant declared the word 'Spirit' and they accepted it with no problems at all... but there was only one 'i' in the selection! The contestant got away with it completely. Has this happened before?
  • stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice today that they made a HUGE error. The contestant declared the word 'Spirit' and they accepted it with no problems at all... but there was only one 'i' in the selection! The contestant got away with it completely. Has this happened before?

Yep, spotted this. I thought I was imagining it for a second, but he very audibly said SPIRIT.

Pretty sure it has happened before, I think they've invited contestants back who have been wrongly eliminated through scoring errors. While Szelong wasn't eliminated because of it, he could have been playing for sudden death under the correct scoreline, so maybe they will offer him another go...

Or maybe they'll brush it under the carpet seeing as he didn't get the conundrum.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Countdown on their six thousandth episode.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. The late Richard Whiteley.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2014/sep/05/countdown-world-record-channel-4-guinness
    Countdown clocks up world record
    It’s been a staple of early afternoon TV viewing since 1982 and in it’s 70th series Countdown has entered been handed a Guinness World Record with the title of “most series broadcast for a TV game show”. On Friday, the venerable Channel 4 word and numbers puzzler airs its 6,000th show and presenters Nick Hewer, Rachel Riley and Susie Dent will be officially given the award. Over the years, the show has delighted viewers with unintentional (we think) swearwords, with 2012 being particularly bountiful with this offering and also this one; but it is probably the late Richard Whiteley’s anecdotes and terrible puns for which it will be most fondly remembered. So, in tribute to the show, any good anagrams for Guinness World Record? Monkey could only come up with Surrender Dogs Clown. Oh well, at least it’s not rude.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice today that they made a HUGE error. The contestant declared the word 'Spirit' and they accepted it with no problems at all

Approximately which round was this?

(I've just painfully sat all the way through a C4 on-demand showing, and it turned out to be the Thursday edition! Freeview changes here means the PVR wasn't set up to record.)
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone liking rachels new hair do ??? spends many a pound to look scruffy lol.
    Forum Member
    I like Rachel's hairdo. She looks much better with longer hair I think.

A great game today. Shame about Jamie, I thought he was quite likable, and it seemed he was going to rack up quite a few wins after blazing through yesterday with a joint record-scoring debut.

Had he been on last week, he would have blitzed it, as RR pointed out.
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Clip> http://youtu.be/Gj3NWKDb9YA
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 131,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching yesterday's episode which featured Margaret Mountford in dictionary corner, I have one question......what's the point of having her on the programme if all she's going to do is sit there like a lemon?

Throughout the whole of the game when Nick asked dictionary corner for any alternative words, she never said a word. The only time she spoke was during her monologue in which she proceeded to tell us the story of Helen of Troy, although it looked like she was just reading it straight out of Wikipedia.

What a waste of space!
    Forum Member
    steviex wrote: »
    After watching yesterday's episode which featured Margaret Mountford in dictionary corner, I have one question......what's the point of having her on the programme if all she's going to do is sit there like a lemon?

Throughout the whole of the game when Nick asked dictionary corner for any alternative words, she never said a word. The only time she spoke was during her monologue in which she proceeded to tell us the story of Helen of Troy, although it looked like she was just reading it straight out of Wikipedia.

What a waste of space!

We said exactly the same thing. She's dreadful.

It was painful watching Susie constantly trying to wake her up.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's just been an erection on today's Countdown! Nothing to do with Rachel sadly, Susie got it in dictionary corner, the word that is, from the chosen letters. :p
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Nick say, last Friday, that we'd see Deborah Meaden on Monday? I thought he did...maybe I'm wrong.
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    Did Nick say, last Friday, that we'd see Deborah Meaden on Monday? I thought he did...maybe I'm wrong.

It would have been difficult for him to do that because Countdown wasn't on last Friday, there was horse racing on instead.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been difficult for him to do that because Countdown wasn't on last Friday, there was horse racing on instead.

ok, yes..:blush:

I meant Thursday.
  • furtivecatfurtivecat Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I agree Margaret is useless! I didn't particularly like her in The Apprentice but at least she spoke. Also Nick seems as bored as ever with the show and he needs a thesaurus; when neither of the players get the conundrum he refers to the "forest of hands" in the audience, time for a new host I think!
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a programme i usually watch but flicked on this afternoon and the dress Rachel Riley was wearing.....it was so tight it was like a second skin! :o:o

Each time she wrote on the whiteboard she displayed bum jiggle to perfection. :D:D

I didn't bother working out any of the puzzles. :D
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Erection, Climax and Trannies so far in this filthy week.
This discussion has been closed.