Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    speaking of heavies, how the hell did Tina Murray become a heavy? she's nearly as old as Lizzie.:p
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did people prefer Alice "Lurch" Jenkins as a heavy or one of the Gooduns'?

Personally, I liked her as a goodun.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »

I preferred her as a heavy but that's because by the time she had become a goodun the show had really gone downhill, imo, and I couldn't get as interested in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    speaking of heavies, how the hell did Tina Murray become a heavy? she's nearly as old as Lizzie.:p

I know :). It also annoyed me that she is involved in Lou Kellys riot and then a few episodes later she is rewarded with drink by Rita for not being involved in the riot:confused:. I love Prisoner but I wish they paid more attention to things like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know :). It also annoyed me that she is involved in Lou Kellys riot and then a few episodes later she is rewarded with drink by Rita for not being involved in the riot:confused:. I love Prisoner but I wish they paid more attention to things like that.

LOL, sometimes you find yourself screaming at the TV because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :o

Last night - Helen Smart kidnaps her sister. 'Christ! Don't you know you'll be done for kidnapping' screams Jude only to suggest in the next breath that they keep the hostage/sister locked up in the halfway house's attic. :confused::p

WOW G-E-N-I-U-S-!!!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, sometimes you find yourself screaming at the TV because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :o

Last night - Helen Smart kidnaps her sister. 'Christ! Don't you know you'll be done for kidnapping' screams Jude only to suggest in the next breath that they keep the hostage/sister locked up in the halfway house's attic. :confused::p

:D:D. Lou Kelly has just lagged in front of everyone a couple of episodes after hanging Eve Wilder for....... lagging.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, well thats Just Jude for ya! Always very generous to her mates!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D. Lou Kelly has just lagged in front of everyone a couple of episodes after hanging Eve Wilder for....... lagging.

THIS is why I love Prisoner, it just laughs in the face of any sense of logic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or what about Lil beating up Nola McKenzie. Flash forward a pile of episodes and she's with Nola beating up Be a. Swings whatever way the wind blows that 'un!
  • Options
    RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »

I did like her as a goodun, but there was some good stuff when she was working with Lou. Lou would have these great plans and it would all go over Alice's head.

I've just reached the return of Reb.. and then the talent contest. Now that's a great Lurch moment :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RetroSpecs wrote: »
    I did like her as a goodun, but there was some good stuff when she was working with Lou. Lou would have these great plans and it would all go over Alice's head.

I've just reached the return of Reb.. and then the talent contest. Now that's a great Lurch moment :)

That's just where I've got to, although I'm not as keen on Keane (see what I did there) this time around it's still great to have Reb back.:)

Also I think I must be the only person who likes Pippa.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid to say that I kept hoping for something unfortunate to happen to both Pippa and Jenny. :o
    Lexie is also grating on my nerves at this point... I don't remember being quite so annoyed by her first time round.

I liked the Reb return story. I think I would have preferred to see her back as herself, but this was at least something a bit different.... and well played. Having a genuine nooooooooooooo moment when The Freak leaves her with the razor blade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to say that I kept hoping for something unfortunate to happen to both Pippa and Jenny. :o
    Lexie is also grating on my nerves at this point... I don't remember being quite so annoyed by her first time round.

I liked the Reb return story. I think I would have preferred to see her back as herself, but this was at least something a bit different.... and well played. Having a genuine nooooooooooooo moment when The Freak leaves her with the razor blade.

I love Lexie. I like Pippa but i agree Jenny is blinking annoying.

I think Rebs storyline was quite good but it would have been nice if she had got her memory back properly and then gone back to her old ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's the whole debate of did she, didn't she get her memory back by the end. I like to think that she did 'win' in the end. Eventhough that meant that we didn't get to see her again.
    Lexie's attitude during the whole screen printing thing has always bugged me; I remember liking her more first time around, so I'm hoping that this is just a passing annoyance with her.
    I've not seen the episodes in about 15 years, so at times it is like coming to them fresh all over again.
    Mervyn Pringle probably tops my list of characters I want to see disappear at the moment. It's a wonder I stuck with it the way that I seem to be dissing everyone at the moment! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Lexie. She is such a vile spiteful little bully yet shes in with the goodies!! Just watch her bullying Kath Maxwell, its awful! Can't blame Kath for turning!
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Not quite for me. Jock Stewart is ranked higher in my Top 10 list, only just mind you.

"Get me a drink........GETTTTTTTTTTTT ITTTTTT" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeEyFnes2Zw
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of this show, I found a happyhardcore dance remix of the theme tune. Here it is here! : http://youtu.be/A4NQhc3V9e4
  • Options
    ZaichikZaichik Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but that's pretty poor. The vocals don't blend with the backing track at all.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's the whole debate of did she, didn't she get her memory back by the end. I like to think that she did 'win' in the end. Eventhough that meant that we didn't get to see her again.
    I met Janet Adnrewartha and she said it was written that Reb really had forgotten and it is how you see it on screen. If she had stayed in the show longer though they would have written her to get her memory back!
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer for Wentworth is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJvt75gLjKE

I'm really looking forward to it. But the trailer is disappointing. It looks very tame like Prisoners Wifes or something. :(

I was hoping for something like a female version of Oz.

Although the trailer doesn't show much and a trailer can be misleading. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Rita Connors first appearance in the prison ( although it's her second episode) and it's a great one, love the Freaks "Naughty naughty Miss Ferguson" line to Barbie Cox. This is of course the episode when Eve Wilder attacks Joyce Barry.

There's a lovely moment after the Freak tears Daphnes plants apart, Daphne cuddles into Lou and Lou lets her. Later on you see Lou going to try to comfort a crying Daphne but not knowing what to do :)
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Rita Connors first appearance in the prison ( although it's her second episode) and it's a great one, love the Freaks "Naughty naughty Miss Ferguson" line to Barbie Cox. This is of course the episode when Eve Wilder attacks Joyce Barry.

There's a lovely moment after the Freak tears Daphnes plants apart, Daphne cuddles into Lou and Lou lets her. Later on you see Lou going to try to comfort a crying Daphne but not knowing what to do :)

Ah, Barbie Cox. Was it ever said what she had been jailed for? :D

I'm slightly behind, Queenie and Tiny putting the scares up the juvenile delinquent. Tiny is so camp!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Ah, Barbie Cox. Was it ever said what she had been jailed for? :D

I'm slightly behind, Queenie and Tiny putting the scares up the juvenile delinquent. Tiny is so camp!!

No I don't think they ever say what Barbies crime was:mad:, I remember at the time being mad because they didn't tell us what she had done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I met Janet Adnrewartha and she said it was written that Reb really had forgotten and it is how you see it on screen. If she had stayed in the show longer though they would have written her to get her memory back!

I'd heard similar, but it's always great to have it confirmed from source :) so thanks for that.
    The theory I always liked was that it was the final visit from Lou in solitary that brought Reb back to herself .. so she did win in the end. I thought it was a good idea for a plotline. Although it meant that we were deprived of seeing a proper Reb return, it did give us a very different performance from an actor .. and make us all wonder if she was for real or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm with you completely on both of the above. The Freak is great when she's unintentionally funny and that is an epic line.

Same for seeing a flash of compassion from Lou. She makes the joke about a 'psycho ceramic' and then awkwardly looks as though she's going to try and comfort Daph. (I'm a little behind you but that's two scenes that stick in my mind from my last viewing.....about 15 years ago.)