Comments

• wolfie1968wolfie1968 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    It's like midsomer murders, with bare arses:-0
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iced Water wrote: »
    Anybody else find the dialogue hard to make out?

Yes, i struggled with some of it, kept turning the sound up more and more
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this. I think Suranne Jones is a brilliant actress though, so that really added to my enjoyment of it. The plot may be a little silly, but Suranne pulls it off and it's entertaining and dramatic enough. Really looking forward to next week.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Faustus.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect she'll start a drug lab and then descend into madness
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MatLCFC wrote: »
    Really surprised by the negativity... If I could watch Episode 2 now, I would!

Yes, I enjoyed it as well. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be one of the few dramas where the programme proved to be better than the trailers. It kept me gripped anyway, because you knew it couldn't be something as simple as her husband having an affair.
    According to the write up I read, she discovers secrets that will "shock her to the core". So I'm hoping it will get a lot darker.
  • muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    She has an insomniac patient spying on her husband in exchange for drug presciptions because she found a blond hair on her husband's scarf?
  • muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Yes, I enjoyed it as well. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be one of the few dramas where the programme proved to be better than the trailers. It kept me gripped anyway, because you knew it couldn't be something as simple as her husband having an affair.
    According to the write up I read, she discovers secrets that will "shock her to the core". So I'm hoping it will get a lot darker.

What shocks me to the core at the moment is the doctor's behaviour.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Didn't even plan to watch it but after the first 10 minutes or so I wanted to know what would happen so kept watching, and will do next week too
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    The plotline was unrealistic and silly, but I'm hooked enough to watch again next week.

I'm not sure how they're going to string out this story for another 4 weeks though.

I wonder if it ends up with her trying to drown him, as his fear of water was mentioned at their dinner party with friends.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this. I think Suranne Jones is a brilliant actress though, so that really added to my enjoyment of it. The plot may be a little silly, but Suranne pulls it off and it's entertaining and dramatic enough. Really looking forward to next week.

I've neither heard of her or seen her before, in fact the only actor I knew, though I don't know where from, was the older doctor who is currently suspended.

I thought that the show was okay but the plot and acting was a little over the top from all concerned.
  • moochiemoochie Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Judging from the cast list, the abusive boyfriend reappears... of course.

I really liked it though, but have a feeling it might get a bit convoluted simply for the sake of it.
  • GrolsGrols Posts: 297,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    muzungu wrote: »
    She has an insomniac patient spying on her husband in exchange for drug presciptions because she found a blond hair on her husband's scarf?

Yes, very poor. She could have just got a private detective. She'll be in serious trouble and the girl will probably want more and more drugs.:o
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it but thought the involvement of the patient and the subsequent attack on her boyfriend were a bit far fetched.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iced Water wrote: »
    Anybody else find the dialogue hard to make out?

Glad it wasn't just me then. I thought there was something wrong with my hearing.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though it was all a little soapy with the over involvement in the patient's life and so on, I did quite enjoy it.

I just can't work out if she's the crazy one or if it's a case of all the locals are siding with their own.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was excellent. Far fetched ... yeah, but a thoroughly enjoyable hour. I am looking forward to next week.

I think he is having an affair - I mean, the young girl looked as guilty as hell, but I do think the Doc will get more and more deranged and end up killing someone.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how they could drag out 'wife thinks husband is cheating' for 5 hours but this had quite a few twists and turns in the last 15 minutes and with an array of characters i think a lot more interesting stuff is going to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MatLCFC wrote: »
    Really surprised by the negativity... If I could watch Episode 2 now, I would!

Me too. But people always moan on here and don't give things a chance!
    Also i have no idea why people post on here when they are actually WATCHING the show? Surely stopping to type up something distracts from watching the drama?

Thats why so many people give up on things so easy they aren't bloody concentrating in the first place :o
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    The plotline was unrealistic and silly, but I'm hooked enough to watch again next week.

I'm not sure how they're going to string out this story for another 4 weeks though.

I wonder if it ends up with her trying to drown him, as his fear of water was mentioned at their dinner party with friends.

Yes I think the finale will definitely be water-based.

I though that was significant when it was brought up, otherwise what would be the point?

Similarly, with the comment about her not being from that area, and him living there all of his life apart from the 5 years in London where they met. If it does turn into some Village of the Damned set up as suggested by some!
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. But people always moan on here and don't give things a chance!
    Also i have no idea why people post on here when they are actually WATCHING the show? Surely stopping to type up something distracts from watching the drama?

Thats why so many people give up on things so easy they aren't bloody concentrating in the first place :o

I think it's reasonable to form an opinion of a show after an hour of content. If that opinion happens to be negative, well that's the fault of the programme makers.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    JT Effect wrote: »

No doubt I will waste 5 hours of my life for it to be a stupid ending :D
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started to watch it, but I found more excitement in The Great British Bake Off that was on before it. I may give it another go if it got better.
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched it mainly because most of it was filmed in my town earlier this year :cool:

i enjoyed it. more than i thought i would too. home counties meets fatal attraction as someone tweeted.

back for more next week ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's reasonable to form an opinion of a show after an hour of content. If that opinion happens to be negative, well that's the fault of the programme makers.

Fair enough after an hour. But people are posting on here when the show is on, 10 minutes or so in saying things like 'This is slow' or ''This is dull'
    People need to STEP AWAY from the computer/phone and watch the show >:(

I cannot for the life of me understand it.