Region 1 websites to buy from

Has anyone got any good, reliable and most importantly cheap websites from which they purchase Region 1 DVDs. I have a collection of 50+ Region 1 discs and have up until now either used Amazon.com or www.dvdboxoffice.com

I have looked around and these two online stores have proved to be reliable but I was wondering if any other forum users had site recommendations or sites to avoid.

Thanks
JL

Comments

• NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try www.play247.co.uk Reasonably priced (£17.99 for all titles inc shipping and even two box collecters editions!)
    Good thing is there is no risk of customs charges as all titles shipped to you from Jersey. Also very quick ~2 days. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
  • Jose CardosoJose Cardoso Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may also want to check this earlier thread discussing online retailers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Try http://www.dv-depot.com they're actually in Canada but their prices are very good (in USD) and Customer service is excellent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have checked dv-depot.com and whilst the prices seem OK the shipping is expensive. The good thing about DVD Box Office is they currently offer free shipping worldwide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    DVD Box Office are tops.... If you pre-order a DVD I have always received it on the actual release date.

This is been Sixth Sense/House On Haunted Hill/Blair Witch Project/Existenz and the Matirx!

They are excellent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Can confirm excellent service from www.dvdboxoffice.com. Have bought many times from their, shipping is free and they also replaced my faulty Tarzan DVD without fuss. Shipping normally takes about a week, but if you pre-order titles, they they arrive on the release date.

Dave
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi.
    I'm thinking of buying my 1st region 1 but wanted to know a few things, when placing an order to dvdboxoffice on avarage how long does it take for a disc to arrive and although I am not worried about customs for a one of two discs I wanted to know if anyone has experienced problems with customs form any site.
    thanks
    Forum Member
    As i said above, dvdboxoffice takes about a week. I have never had a problem with customs. I think dvdboxoffice send them out individually anyway.

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member

All my R1 DVD has come from either www.dvdboxoffice.com or www.amazon.com.

Amazon offer a bigger discount for pre orders but dvdboxoffice are better of released titles because of the free shipping.

The only complain I have with dvdboxoffice is you have to wait eight weeks before they will resend any DVD lost in the post. (Only has happended once)
    Forum Member
    While I agree they have to give it chance to get to you, 8 weeks seems a little excessive!