Options

Secret Eaters..8pm..Ch4..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Damn it I came straight home from the gym, didn't realise you're meant to go to the pub :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with all the earlier comments about the recaps after each advertisement break, I don't feel it is necessary and yes-so annoying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ScottRosa wrote: »
    Totally agree with all the earlier comments about the recaps after each advertisement break, I don't feel it is necessary and yes-so annoying!

Agree. Got to love the highly scientific research though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got to wonder how people can be so far off the mark. I remember one of the guys, I think it was in the first episode, thought he had 5 pints of beer in a week, the figure was actually 17. How can someone be that wrong haha!
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap is the guy only mid 30s? How many hard paper rounds has he done? :eek:

I agree, he looked a lot older, I think the eating, drinking and smoking made him age significantly, was also a bit gross seeing him shirtless when they did the barbecue, not a good look at all :eek:.

Did have to laugh that he went to the pub after the gym,
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a lot of this looks staged. They mentioned that they couldn't get a camera to see what was going on with the bbq so had to create a spy area but later we see overhead shots of whats cooking on the bbq.
    the gym just happens to have a big glass front and the guy trains right at the front of the window.
    it's all a bit convenient
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    ScottRosa wrote: »
    You've got to wonder how people can be so far off the mark. I remember one of the guys, I think it was in the first episode, thought he had 5 pints of beer in a week, the figure was actually 17. How can someone be that wrong haha!

He was probably thinking about the number of pints HE paid for. ;)

I agree about the staging of things, it has to be done, but not so obviously that we :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just catching up with this.

Am quite enjoying this programme, but the same old "I dont know why I'm putting on weight" is getting a bit boring.....

The KFCs, pizzas, giant portions, alcohol, peanuts, crisps, chocolate is just amazing!!!!!

How can they NOT know why they're putting on weight??!!!!
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member

Am quite enjoying this programme, but the same old "I dont know why I'm putting on weight" is getting a bit boring.....

The KFCs, pizzas, giant portions, alcohol, peanuts, crisps, chocolate is just amazing!!!!!

How can they NOT know why they're putting on weight??!!!![/QUOTE]

Now you've listed all the things they eat, it makes me wonder if their bewilderment is due to the fact that they don't seem to realise that other food exists. I wouldn't touch anything these families eat. I'm fresh fruit, fish & chicken orientated, although I love Indian food, a meal out or takeaway is rare. I enjoy cooking spicey food, which probably isn't exactly low in calories, but at least I know what's going into it. And the size of those portions! :eek: Can't help wondering how they can afford all those takeaways? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »

How can they NOT know why they're putting on weight??!!!![/QUOTE]

Now you've listed all the things they eat, it makes me wonder if their bewilderment is due to the fact that they don't seem to realise that other food exists. I wouldn't touch anything these families eat. I'm fresh fruit, fish & chicken orientated, although I love Indian food, a meal out or takeaway is rare. I enjoy cooking spicey food, which probably isn't exactly low in calories, but at least I know what's going into it. And the size of those portions! :eek: Can't help wondering how they can afford all those takeaways? :confused:

Have to agree about the size of the portions :eek:

I've seen people have chinese takeways, pizzas, indians, KFC's and their plates are piled SKY HIGH!!!! I just cant believe they can eat all that!

And...after all that.....about 2 hours later they start eating more food :eek:

My stomach seriously couldnt cope with that amount of food!
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I have been watching this series.

The amount of denial is staggering. You don't know why you're fat? Maybe the KFC, fry up, huge dinner, 2 litres of fizzy drink and crisps, chocolate etc, you've eaten today and pretty much everyday maybe?

You know why you're overweight, you're just in denial. No one gets overweight by eating healthily and correct portions and exercising unless they have something physically wrong with them, it's as simple as that.

I think a lot of people could use this kind of thing to truly realise why they are overweight. I don't say that as someone who is naturally skinny. I have always struggled with my weight and thankfully I am a healthy weight, but that's not through anything other than damned hard work and realising what I should be eating.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can they NOT know why they're putting on weight??!!!!

I have to agree, I find myself getting heartburn just looking at the amount they eat! It just bewilders me how they can afford to pay for nightly takeaways, but I suppose they mustn't do a weekly shop for food so that's where their whole budget goes!

But the portion sizes are ridiculous! I'm overweight and currently at Weight Watchers, but even at my heaviest when we would get a takeaway in, my other half and I would share a portion of chips if we were having fish or kebabs or burgers with it! And same goes for rice/noodles.

They have to know why they are putting on weight, nobody is that thick!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump for tonight!

Another pair puzzled about their weight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump for tonight!

Another pair puzzled about their weight!

Whats the betting they all say that they dont "snack" and that they eat the appropriate amount of calories and that they really cannot understand why they're getting fat.....
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way the woman's face dropped when she realised that they had been followed and observed for a week was hilarious.

To me that is proof that they are not in denial, they know full well that they eat far too much, they just refuse to admit it to anyone else. Otherwise, if she genuinely believed she didn't eat too much, then being followed couldn't be a big deal because it wouldn't show them eating too much..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the betting they all say that they dont "snack" and that they eat the appropriate amount of calories and that they really cannot understand why they're getting fat.....

People don't seem to understand that if you eat too many cals,and don't be active and do a bit of exercise you're going to gain weight!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel bad for being rude about Ronnie now, although she does pack away some serious quantities. At least she does lots of home cooking and uses plenty of fruit and veg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I feel bad for being rude about Ronnie now, although she does pack away some serious quantities. At least she does lots of home cooking and uses plenty of fruit and veg.

I lost a fair bit of weight a few years ago by writing down EVERYTHING I ate and the calorie content...It's amazing (well it was to me) just how many cals are in 'healthy food'.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    These two dont seem anywhere near as bad as the others.
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Ronnie has a very pretty face.
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie ate 1780 on average. That seems high to me for a woman. I'm a male, 5ft 9, exercise every day for 60 mins and had to consume less than 1600 calories per day to lose a lb a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice couple but why did their flat look like a retirement home?
  • Options
    NefratiNefrati Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I have been watching this series.

The amount of denial is staggering. You don't know why you're fat? Maybe the KFC, fry up, huge dinner, 2 litres of fizzy drink and crisps, chocolate etc, you've eaten today and pretty much everyday maybe?

You know why you're overweight, you're just in denial. No one gets overweight by eating healthily and correct portions and exercising unless they have something physically wrong with them, it's as simple as that.

I think a lot of people could use this kind of thing to truly realise why they are overweight. I don't say that as someone who is naturally skinny. I have always struggled with my weight and thankfully I am a healthy weight, but that's not through anything other than damned hard work and realising what I should be eating.

calories consumed have to be burned, fat doesn't come from nothing, either they were thinking they were magically creating energy from nothing or i dunno what they were thinking...
  • Options
    Sarah_LockettSarah_Lockett Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I haven't read all the posts but has anyone mentioned Overeaters Anonymous? http://www.oasouthandeastengland.org.uk/newcomers/what-is-oa/ - probably most useful for the emotional eaters.
    WHY do they overeat? OK, some just aren't aware of the calories and are making bad food choices but some are unhappy, lonely, bored, sat in front of their TVs every night or eating while tapping at their laptops. I hope some info on OA is on the secret eaters website - I'm going to check...
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching an episode of this from 4seven last night, how can people be so aware of their weight gain but appear to have actually done nothing about it before applying to be on a TV show? They know nothing about calories in the things they are eating, the guy was oblivious to fresh orange juice having sugar in it!?

Its not difficult to grasp a basic understanding of what's in the food you eat, especially now with the labeling on food.

This show seems to be an hour long reel of excuses for people being fat without pointing out the obvious, these people are generally being ignorant, it's not the colour of the plate, the size of the portion advertised on the label that are making them fat, its the fact they eat loads of food, too much crap and too little exercise.

I really should stop watching as it enrages me, but part of me enjoys the stupidity too much!