Options

Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some peoples' seats have been moved around for an upcoming DVD filming btw.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Some peoples' seats have been moved around for an upcoming DVD filming btw.
    This is sounding more and more promising :)

Hope they're filming lots of backstage stuff as well.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not had a chance to hear it yet, but I will be intrigued to see how it is? What were the reviews of her live performances like?
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stop listening to The Red Shoes at the moment. Kate is magnificent. Wish I was seeing her live. :-(
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they're only filming the DVD on the night I'm going!!! Better make myself look extra glam in case I get caught on camera. :D

The good thing is I don't appear to be one of the people who have to move seats, which I'm pleased about as it would cause me great anxiety wondering if the new seat is worse than the one I originally had. One hopeful thing is I don't think Kate is someone who would let an audience's experience be ruined by the filming in terms of how intrusive the cameras might be...
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »

ONE WEEK UNTIL I SEE KATE!

Only 6 Days now - I find myself counting down to when you're going! hah

Looking forward to reading your 'day after' post :)

It's still bouncing around my head a week after I went. I so wish I could go again.

Not that I need to say - Savour every moment!
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnypens wrote: »
    your going to be really stumped by their next album

as this is a thread about the kate bush tour, are you suggesting they are going to follow up their accoustic album of the same old songs done yet again, copying the idea of the 80s mtv show unplugged, with something really exciting to do with the topic being discussed here?

the beach boys did an accoustic album back in 65 for the xmas market, made up of mostly covers and stuff, nothing particularly exciting really, but then the followed it up with pet sounds. if s q did such a thing and their next album was some incredible peice off work, or even anything to do with kate bush, then i might be stumped. but i doubt that will happen. instead i get the idea you've just searched the bands name on these forums and made a completely off topic post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or even the artist in question, and if i make any further references to the band you like but mispell the name so it doesn't appear in the search you won't see them and reply to them as you have little interest in the artists that feature as the main topic in the threads you post in. but to make an assumption i would be stumped, is simply wide of the mark. it takes a lot to stump me really. there's not much in the music business that's not been done before in some shape or form. even what u2 did yesterday isn't completely new. if that band you liked did make something with the artist that this thread is about then i would imagine it would be denigrated as much as, if not more than lulu by metallica and lou reed. hated by fans of both artists. but until i've heard this next album, i'll reserve judgement. if it's anything like the movie they did that some people suggested would change opinions, yet was an awful modern day take on an elvis or cliff richard movie, yet without the charm, then i expect it to be awful

however as this is a thread about the kate bush concerts, do you have a ticket for those shows, have you been yet, and if so, what did you think about the shows? is that band you like going to make a special guest appearance? is that what may make me stumped? they are going to guest with kate next week for a live dvd and cd?
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a fantastic audio recording of the concert that I was sent the other day. The sound is almost live CD quality… I've got it to listen to until the live DVD/CD comes out. Then I'll buy that and replace it.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    There's a fantastic audio recording of the concert that I was sent the other day. The sound is almost live CD quality… I've got it to listen to until the live DVD/CD comes out. Then I'll buy that and replace it.
    I've listened to recordings of 26th 27th and 29th August and 27th is by far the best.
    Like you say, very high quality. I felt a little guilty downloading them, but it is nice to be able to relive the night, if only in audio form until the DVD is released.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got home from tonight's show, one of the finest three hours of musical theatre I have ever witnessed. For those of you who are still to go, ignore all the arguing over what should or shouldn't have been in the set, once you've seen the show you won't care whether you heard Wuthering Heights or not, it was that good.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    zounds wrote: »
    I've listened to recordings of 26th 27th and 29th August and 27th is by far the best.

Would a link be available, via PM of course?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 days! :D
  • Options
    yhtrownuyhtrownu Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they're only filming the DVD on the night I'm going!!! Better make myself look extra glam in case I get caught on camera. :D

The good thing is I don't appear to be one of the people who have to move seats, which I'm pleased about as it would cause me great anxiety wondering if the new seat is worse than the one I originally had. One hopeful thing is I don't think Kate is someone who would let an audience's experience be ruined by the filming in terms of how intrusive the cameras might be...

They promised to shift those people to better (and more expensive) seats, probably house seats reserved for guests down the front, so I think they'll be fine.

Lucky you, going on one of the two filming days (16th and 17th). I expect the final dvd will intercut those two days, so you'll be there, then you won't, you'll be there, then you won't lol.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Like you say, very high quality. I felt a little guilty downloading them, but it is nice to be able to relive the night, if only in audio form until the DVD is released.

The 27th is the one I have on my iPhone. It's so clear!
    I felt no guilt... I don't do guilt ;-):D

I will however, replace it on my iPhone when the DVD/CD comes out.... If they don't do a live CD, then I will keep the audio I have. I have to get the DVD. I hope it's Blu Ray as well as it'll be so much cleaner and crisp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yhtrownu wrote: »
    They promised to shift those people to better (and more expensive) seats, probably house seats reserved for guests down the front, so I think they'll be fine.

Yeah, this.

The Guardian is naughty as they reported about people being moved seats but not the fact that the seats will be as good as or better than the ones they had...I'd expect that sort of reporting from the Daily Wail but not the Guardian.

I'm really, really excited for the show now, as if I wasn't excited enough before. It's beginning to keep me up at night, the whole thing is a million times better than Christmas. Got the weekend to get through and then it's time!
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    The show sounds so amazing. Wish I could see it but alas couldn't/can't afford it. Btw Finny, just curious, lol. In what way was Marilyn Manson the worst gig you've ever been to? :-)

30 minutes of lacklustre posturing to a sullen, static crowd dressed in medical appendages, then he buggered off. No encore or anything, just the house lights up and roadies dismantling the gear.

Back on topic though, the DVD (and hopefully Blu Ray) news has cheered me up immensely. Recreating the setlist on my computer and flicking through the programme has been good but nowhere near the same.
  • Options
    tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »
    as this is a thread about the kate bush tour, are you suggesting they are going to follow up their accoustic album of the same old songs done yet again, copying the idea of the 80s mtv show unplugged, with something really exciting to do with the topic being discussed here?

the beach boys did an accoustic album back in 65 for the xmas market, made up of mostly covers and stuff, nothing particularly exciting really, but then the followed it up with pet sounds. if s q did such a thing and their next album was some incredible peice off work, or even anything to do with kate bush, then i might be stumped. but i doubt that will happen. instead i get the idea you've just searched the bands name on these forums and made a completely off topic post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or even the artist in question, and if i make any further references to the band you like but mispell the name so it doesn't appear in the search you won't see them and reply to them as you have little interest in the artists that feature as the main topic in the threads you post in. but to make an assumption i would be stumped, is simply wide of the mark. it takes a lot to stump me really. there's not much in the music business that's not been done before in some shape or form. even what u2 did yesterday isn't completely new. if that band you liked did make something with the artist that this thread is about then i would imagine it would be denigrated as much as, if not more than lulu by metallica and lou reed. hated by fans of both artists. but until i've heard this next album, i'll reserve judgement. if it's anything like the movie they did that some people suggested would change opinions, yet was an awful modern day take on an elvis or cliff richard movie, yet without the charm, then i expect it to be awful

however as this is a thread about the kate bush concerts, do you have a ticket for those shows, have you been yet, and if so, what did you think about the shows? is that band you like going to make a special guest appearance? is that what may make me stumped? they are going to guest with kate next week for a live dvd and cd?

Going on Wednesday next week. Looking forward to.it it was you who brought.quo up on this thread not me it was done as universal wanted to bring out a greatest hits and quo thought they would do something different
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought seeing as they are now filming the show; what are the chances of a cinema run some time down the line?

I know it's too late to do a live broadcast like they did with Monty Python or like the Nick Cave show I'm going to see next week but surely the big screen would be the next best thing for all the people that couldn't get a ticket or for those of us who did to relive it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cinema run would be brilliant for all the fans who aren't able to go to the shows.

The play Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Lee Miller had a couple of cinema runs and I would love to see it become more common in terms of theatre and live music events, because so many people are unable to make these things in person for a whole variety of reasons and it's a shame they have to miss out completely.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awesome! Lucky you! Do a DS loves Kate banner for us! :D Can't believe it's 2 weeks since I went. I'm now reliving it vicariously through forum members! :D
  • Options
    CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see it on Wednesday. The show was amazing, and Kate is just so lovely. I wrote about it here, if anyone cares. I've always been under her spell but now even moreso. It was a wonderful atmosphere and being there and experiencing it really put all the silly arguments people have been having about the setlist into perspective. I was surprised at myself though, because
    King Of The Mountain
    ended up being one of my favourite songs of the night, as well as the closing track.

I recommend buying a programme btw, worth the £15.

I'm so glad that it seems likely there'll be a DVD released, as I'm desperate to see it all again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see it on Wednesday. The show was amazing, and Kate is just so lovely. I wrote about it here, if anyone cares. I've always been under her spell but now even moreso. It was a wonderful atmosphere and being there and experiencing it really put all the silly arguments people have been having about the setlist into perspective. I was surprised at myself though, because
    King Of The Mountain
    ended up being one of my favourite songs of the night, as well as the closing track.

I recommend buying a programme btw, worth the £15.

I'm so glad that it seems likely there'll be a DVD released, as I'm desperate to see it all again.

This!

I haven't bought a programme for anything in about 25 years and I think they are pretty much the naffest thing you can buy at a gig.

After this show the my exit spat me straight out onto the street but I still fought my way through the crowds streaming out to get back inside to buy one.

It's excellent, like everything else about the show.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    It's excellent, like everything else about the show.

We bought one each, and my girlfriend's program had many pages incorrectly cut at the edges. So at some point I will need to very carefully scalpel them open in order to see the pages inside. Wish we'd spotted this at the the time. Just one of those things, I sup[pose. My program is perfect.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We bought one each, and my girlfriend's program had many pages incorrectly cut at the edges. So at some point I will need to very carefully scalpel them open in order to see the pages inside. Wish we'd spotted this at the the time. Just one of those things, I sup[pose. My program is perfect.
    I thought this was intentional .. ours were all like it and because the page numbers run correctly (before the pages are opened up) I assumed it was deliberate .. like hidden gems. Your pages are all separate then?
  • Options
    Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    I thought this was intentional .. ours were all like it and because the page numbers run correctly (before the pages are opened up) I assumed it was deliberate .. like hidden gems. Your pages are all separate then?

All the programmes were French folded in places. If you have one with pages that are separate then you have the unique programme.