Options

The DS Factor - Does Digital Spy have the X Factor?

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi so ive recieved 7/8 songs, and I know the last person intends to submit soon. If i can get them all in then we could possibly do the show on Friday if everyones cool with that?
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Sorry it's me your waiting for - I'm going to try to record tomorrow morning as I'm travelling for work ATM to work tonight which is lovely haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    Sorry it's me your waiting for - I'm going to try to record tomorrow morning as I'm travelling for work ATM to work tonight which is lovely haha

You and me both, and Xmas Eve too, lovely. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm doing all over Xmas and New Years - joys of being an entertainer - good job I get paid triple lol
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: ALEXOS (ALEX)

Rick: What are your thoughts on the judges' comments from last week's show?
    Alex: I expected Marsha to like my performance, I expected Stacey to hate it and I wasn't sure what Gav would think, so I was pleased that Gav had positive things to say. I would rather be divisive than everybody have lukewarm feelings towards me, and there comes a point where you risk compromising your identity if you try and please everybody all of the time, and I would never allow that to happen.

Rick: The next theme, Party Songs, seems like one someone with your style would absolutely dread. Is this the case and if so, what's the plan?

Alex: Funnily enough the song that I've eventually chosen to perform for this theme is one of the first I thought of when considering taking part in DS Factor. So while my performances have been mid tempo to downbeat so far, I am looking forward to showing something different, while not abandoning the direction I've been heading in.

Rick: Surely you could give us a hint about the song you're singing this week?
    Alex: The song is the original and extended version of a song that reached number one in the UK this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: JAG02010 (JUSTIN)

Rick: You seemed very worried about your song choice last week, but looking at the judges' comments you had no reason to be. What's the deal with that?
    Justin: Well, wouldn't you be worried if you were singing the biggest Christmas song in the known world that also happens to be the only relevant Mariah Carey song, too? The song is massive, and for a guy, hitting those borderline whistle notes is not easy. But I wanted to show I could do a classic, I could do uptempo, and that I could really push my range to the limits. Personally, it wasn't my favorite of my recordings. So that's why I was super nervous. But I'm glad that everyone seemed to like it!

Rick: While the comments for your AIWFC performance were loaded with positives, there were also a couple of minor negatives, mostly about it lacking 'oomph'. Will we see you bring that this week?
    Justin: Absolutely. This week, I'm trying to stay on my trend of always incorporating the judge's comments. I agree that I missed something with AIWFC in lieu of hitting those notes spot on, and this week I have picked a song that will really shine. I also need to break some of my old habits of being "technically" perfect without bringing it in full force, and I really think my song choice allows for that.

Rick: Any song teasers you'd like to share with us?

Justin: I used the words of my song title in one of my answers. This song topped the vote in NTA 8 one week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin CLEARLY taking on his favourite ever band aka Panic At the Disco since they topped one week :p :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Justin CLEARLY taking on his favourite ever band aka Panic At the Disco since they topped one week :p :kitty:

No, he's clearly taking on a Broods track this week as they topped more than one week.

Oh wait, they don't have any real party anthems if you don't count remixes. :blush:
  • Options
    jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member

YES Obviously!!! Panic is like, my favorite band EVER!!! :p:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey Rick/Aliyah - are the shows going to stay "on time" so to speak? If so, when will the next show after the Party Anthems theme be? Just wondering if I need to record a song in advance while I have the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jag02010 wrote: »
    Hey Rick/Aliyah - are the shows going to stay "on time" so to speak? If so, when will the next show after the Party Anthems theme be? Just wondering if I need to record a song in advance while I have the time.

I talked to Aliyah about this a few days ago, and I think the plan is to have the fifth show in the new year. We'll also resume our regular Wednesday/Thursday schedule after this show, so I'd hazard a guess and say the date is Wednesday 7th January. I could be wrong on this though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I talked to Aliyah about this a few days ago, and I think the plan is to have the fifth show in the new year. We'll also resume our regular Wednesday/Thursday schedule after this show, so I'd hazard a guess and say the date is Wednesday 7th January. I could be wrong on this though.

Thanks! If that's right, just enough time for me to record in the New Year. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep this ^.

Yes im planning to have the 5th show after the New Year, perhaps on January 2nd. The 6th show will be slightly spaced out as its Jukebox so i'd need to include a poll etc.

Anyway hope everyones having a lovely Christmas eve, ill be posting the song list & running order some time later :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show will take place on FRIDAY at about 7:30pm. Here's the song list & running order to get you all excited

Alex (Alexos) - Monster Under My Bed by Rihanna
    Louise (Strictly_Irish) - Clarity by Zedd ft Foxes
    Tom (TVScanner99) - I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora
    David (Carlisle156) - I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding
    Jakk (jackel1234) - Under Control by Alesso, Calvin Harris ft Theo Hutchraft from Hurts.
    Justin (jag02010) - Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo
    Robert (Aswede) - Love Me Again by John Newman
    Liam (Pooley) - I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Wow guys, having just had a preview of the songs, this is a show worth tuning in for! I think each and every one of our eight contestants did so well, with some fantastic song choices, and I think really really pushed themselves this week - well done to all of our contestants! Happy Christmas everyone and see you Friday xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: ASWEDE (ROBERT)

Rick: Another good set of comments for you, as usual. I'd imagine you're happy with that of course, but it also means you're not getting as much constructive criticism as some of the others. Your thoughts on this?
    Robert: Of course I'm happy with it! Even though I haven't been very pleased with my song choices and performances every time it's been great for my poor self confidence to hear that people seem to like it. Although as I said earlier, I really treasure constructive criticism too, maybe even higher I really want to improve, and I guess one way of doing it is trying to continue doing the things people seem to like, but also think of the things that others that didn't like it as much comment on and, like, adapt.

Rick: Some of the judges have again pointed out that the get you, with Gav even telling you to not change. Problem is, you're going to have to change things up this week with the theme. What's the plan here?
    Robert: The plan is to change things up with the theme! I had a lot of fun recording this song, I was actually smiling while singing (which you maybe even can hear). Also, I don't know if it's going to be my strongest performance vocally, but I really had fun with it And a sore throat for a couple of days afterwards! But I still think this is me - me can be a lot of things hehehe, I would never choose a song that I'm not comfortable with, although I can be uncertain about what others will think of it, like this time. It's such a big risk both when it comes to range, it differs a lot from anything I've done so far, I'm not playing the guitar this time (!) - It's gonna be a blasy, hope Roxie likes it.

Rick: Any hints regarding your song choice?

Robert: Marsha would have an idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: POOLEY (LIAM)

Rick: Did you expect to be in the bottom 2 following the judges' comments? Also, do you feel like you deserved to be there?
    Liam: I did - to be honest the 2 songs I wanted for Christmas week which could show off what I could do were already taken so I just went with one which I liked - I was in a rush to record a song and just sent one in first take pretty much so no not surprised in the slightest. Did I deserve it is not my place to say - personally I know I'm capable of more but it's up to everyone else I guess

Rick: Speaking of the bottom 2, you absolutely killed it there! Why haven't we seen this side of you in any of your previous performances. More importantly, will we see this fighting spirit from you again?
    Liam: Haha when I get a song I love and am completely passionate about then I give more. Moving On is a song i have loved since the moment i heard it so I knew I just wanted to smash it. I wouldn't say you haven't seen me kill it anywhere else - other than walk through walls and one more sleep I think they have all had a bit of fight in them, but the fight is here to stay.

Rick: Care to give us a little song teaser?
    Liam: I'm going down the retro scene a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT SPOTLIGHT: STRICTLY_IRISH (LOUISE)

Aliyah: What did you make of last shows comments from the two judges who commented? Chris said he loved the airy fairy quality to your vocal and whilst Stacey enjoyed the performance, she brought out the predictable card again?
    Louise: I was pleasantly surprised by the comments. I wasn't the happiest with my rushed performance so I wasn't expecting much. Stacey did say it was her favourite of mine so far and it was less safe than usual. To be honest I don't feel like I choose safe songs, if I did I would choose songs completely in my range all of the time.

Aliyah: One of the judges stated that they have confidence in you hitting certain notes, the questions is though...do you have the confidence in yourself?
    Louise: Well, I'm trying it again this week so I must have some sort of belief somewhere!!

Aliyah; Song teaser for next show?
    Louise: A song written by a letter of the alphabet and sung by an animal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep this ^.

Yes im planning to have the 5th show after the New Year, perhaps on January 2nd. The 6th show will be slightly spaced out as its Jukebox so i'd need to include a poll etc.

Anyway hope everyones having a lovely Christmas eve, ill be posting the song list & running order some time later :)

Ooh, in that case, I have to record tonight as I won't have time to record at all afterwards. Expect a song from me later :)

REALLY excited to hear some of these songs! Alex, Louise, Tom and David are all singing some of my favorite songs, so I'm pumped. A bit nervous... I really hope I can make it through to the next show - I'm taking on a legend next theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Boxing Day :D

Remember the show is tonight, ill post some teaser comments from some judges/viewers to get yall all excited. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teaser comments for tonight's show:
    ...I have been a big fan of you in this competition. However, I think this was your worst performance....

...I do think you still need to work out how to make yourself ‘stand out’ even more and I think you could have picked something with a really big vocal...

...I really think that you’re one of the contestants who is growing and growing whilst others are fading...

...Without doubt, the best performance of the night and the best you have ever given...

Who are these comments aimed at? Find out tonight. :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Teaser comments for tonight's show:
    ...I have been a big fan of you in this competition. However, I think this was your worst performance....

...I do think you still need to work out how to make yourself ‘stand out’ even more and I think you could have picked something with a really big vocal...

...I really think that you’re one of the contestants who is growing and growing whilst others are fading...

...Without doubt, the best performance of the night and the best you have ever given...

Who are these comments aimed at? Find out tonight. :kitty:

Ugh thanks for that. I bet the first comment is aimed at me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASwede wrote: »
    Ugh thanks for that. I bet the first comment is aimed at me

There is a 1 in 8 chance that it's aimed at you. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm trying to sort out my recording for this week - but struggling massively due to being away from home

i'm just hoping it can be sorted by tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh god. Super nervous for this show... Starting to really doubt my performance...

Good luck everyone! I'll try and be on for as much of the show as I can be here for.