Options

The DS Factor - Does Digital Spy have the X Factor?

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some outstanding comment's there for Robert, we even got a 'performance of a night' comment from Pingu there so well done Robert!

Our last performance of the night comes from our Bottom 2 survivor Liam!

Liam (Pooley) - Glow by Manda
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2757777-glow-ds-x-factor-week-4
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam - I was kind of curious for your performance this week, I wasn’t sure Whitney Houston was a wise move so I suspect your new song choice was better than the other would’ve been, but I don’t know why I just wasn’t really feeling it. I felt like it lacked something again similar to last week, it was very dull and didn’t leave any sort of impression on me. I really think song choice is crucially important for you, because your vocals were fine here but I know this didn’t maximize to the best of your ability as we’ve seen so much better before, your sing-off last week being a prime example of that. I’m struggling to totally understand you as well, I don’t really know what direction you would take in music or anything, I feel like your performances are kind of distant and mysterious and I like to feel some sort of “connection” there but with you I don’t unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pingu's comments:
    Liam
    Thank goodness that you got your performance in because that was an absolutely amazing performance. It had such an operatic feeling and your vocals were really good. You are somoene who has been getting better and better every week and I can see your progression. Great close to the show Liam!!!

Gav's comments:
    Liam - Hearing this song crash out in 8th was one of the most sadface moments in Melodifestivalen this year (aside from my beloved Josef Johansson). I really hope we're not in for another sadface moment tonight because that's actually my favourite performance of yours since Wrecking Ball. That was amazing! Vocally you were dead on, and you took something that was potentially a bit cliche and turned it into something incredible. I really think you've raised the bar for yourself SO high - the way that the song just built and built was truly quite special. I totally, totally adored that.

Pete's comments:
    Liam
    Now, THIS is up my street. This is so far up my street that it's in my house sat on my sofa in a sequined t shirt.
    When I got the song list you were doing 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' and even though I knew the vocal would have been amazing, I had a big long comment ready about done to death TV X Factor choices like that and 'Listen' and how your voice deserved better.
    You blew us out of the water with the vocal of the series in your sing off and now this. Please continue on this route as I love it. It was the right side of cheesy and camp, sounded amazing and you sounded like you were having so much fun. A few of your competitors have seemed afraid of having real 'party' fun tonight and attempted to retain coolness but I love how you really didn't care about that and just went for it. You don't need songs that have been done to death by Andrea, Alexandra and the like, just keep doing this as it was absolutely amazing. And please tell me which holiday park you sing in so I can book my next holiday there!
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    HI Liam! Well after last week's show, I think it is absolutely safe to say we have seen you back to your very best tonight! Excellent song choice for the theme, I thought your voice sounded so strong tonight, there was lots of energy in the performance, and the uplifiting chorus at the end was just fab! I asked you after your amazing bottom two performance last week to keep up that very high standard that you showed us in that sing off as this is exactly what we want to see in this show, and for me you did this in abundance with a really great performance tonight - very well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Liam for closing the show tonight! Although Stacey wasn't crazy about the song choice, most of the other judges loved that and Pete even self-invited himself to your Holiday park :p,well done Liam!

Thats all folks, summary post coming up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are the performances for you to rank. Please rank 8-1. There will be a bottom two tomorrow and one act will be eliminated!

Lines open till 8pm tomorrow where results will follow shortly after. Best of luck everyone!

Alex (Alexos) - Monster Under My Bed by Rihanna
    http://audioboom.com/boos/2741324-monster-under-my-bed

Louise (Strictly_Irish) - Clarity by Zedd ft Foxes
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2749691-clarity

Tom (TVScanner99) - I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2745182-i-will-never-let-you-down

David (Carlisle156) - I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding
    https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/i-need-your-love

Jakk (jackel1234) - Under Control by Alesso, Calvin Harris ft Theo Hutchraft from Hurts.
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2749030-under-control

Justin (jag02010) - Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo
    https://soundcloud.com/jag02010-1/habits-stay-high-1

Robert (Aswede) - Love Me Again by John Newman
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2743958-live-week-4-love-me-again

Liam (Pooley) - Glow by Manda
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2757777-glow-ds-x-factor-week-4
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Good show everyone :)

This week was interesting... I was let down by certain people's performances and one or two did much better than I thought.

My favourite remains a constant though at least so that's nice :p
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good show tonight, absolutely loved Alex's song this week. :D
  • Options
    jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Well, I am 200% heading for the sing-off just by looking at those comments! See y'all there tomorrow.
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Really good show tonight guys, amazingly high standard :o

Also thanks for the comments judges its actually great to hear that I am actually somewhat improving in certain ways :D
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show! Tom was my favourite again and is becoming an overwhelming favourite of mine to win the whole competition!Also impressed with David,Justin and Robert. Bit confused about Stacey questioning whether a song by Calvin Harris is a party anthem especially when the midtempos like Rihanna "Monster" and John Newman "Love Me Again" weren't questioned.
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see some different sides of people this show. I particularly liked Liam and David! The object of the theme was to perform something dance-worthy, and I think all of these filled that criteria :3

Thanks for the positive comments for my performance. As I said in my VT, I don't want to drop everything in pursuit of pleasing one judge, but I'm very happy Stacey liked what she heard this week, and that the other judges were pretty pleased top. I hope that people will be kept guessing what's to come from me if I continue on in the show. Also, to clarify it was actually Bebe Rexha's version I was covering as she wrote the original song before Rihanna and Eminem got their hands on it :D
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    OK I'm back after work - after nearly blowing up the venue with my PA system :/ haha

Thank you very much for the comments judges - I tried my best with the theme and hope you all liked it

Stacey when you say your not sure what kind of artist i'd be it's hard to make yourself a true representative when you are constricted with themes - i do normally do the haunting kind of ballads but thought i'd try something new

hope i get a chance to try and win you back on side :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and remember to record/send in sing off performances :)
  • Options
    TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Good show! Tom was my favourite again and is becoming an overwhelming favourite of mine to win the whole competition!Also impressed with David,Justin and Robert. Bit confused about Stacey questioning whether a song by Calvin Harris is a party anthem especially when the midtempos like Rihanna "Monster" and John Newman "Love Me Again" weren't questioned.

Aww, thanks so much :D
  • Options
    cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Well done guys on a great show! I really enjoyed being an extra guest judge (though I wasn't needed in the end anyway).

I honestly think that the 8 people left are all talented enough to get to the final, it's just that for me song choice is currently holding back about half of you at the moment! For anyone recording a sing off today, just really bring it with the best choice you can think of. Don't save that amazing idea you had til a later theme, do it for the sing off and then at that next theme do something even better.

Haha keys to success from the guy who came 9th. :D In all seriousness though, I think that's why I kept coming back to song choice, pushing yourself and 'moments' in my comments; if I had the vocal talent of you top 8 I'd have so many options of amazing songs!
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    It might be different if Calvin Harris actually sang during his own song :kitty: I just felt like David tried to avoid going up-tempo with that choice; I mean it is kind of passable but it doesn't strike me as something you'd see people dancing to at a party. The tempo barely sounded any different to his previous performances if you'd actually taken any notice to them.
    Pooley wrote: »
    Stacey when you say your not sure what kind of artist i'd be it's hard to make yourself a true representative when you are constricted with themes - i do normally do the haunting kind of ballads but thought i'd try something new

hope i get a chance to try and win you back on side :)
    I absolutely get this but I think Alex and Robert are perfect examples of staying true to yourself whilst applying your own style to different themes.

I have no doubt you'll come out fighting again though next week if you're still around :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember lines close at 8pm! This has been the closest vote yet!

Still awaiting two contestant votes *eyes up Liam and Jakk*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry my votes and sing off should i need it will be in very shortly - just about to go collect a pizza hut

just found out if my pa system had been on any longer yesterday it would have exploded :/ - thank god for warrenty with immidiate replacement haha
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a really bad feeling about tonight :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be surprised at another bottom 2 for me tonight
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really cannot call the B2 tonight, last night's show definitely had the best standard so far and there was not one act I remotely disliked!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lines are CLOSED. Results in a minute
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oooo here we go - just uploaded sing off song

one of my personal fav vocals of mine
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911