The DS Factor - Does Digital Spy have the X Factor?

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    congrats Tom, and now my stomach begins doing back flips
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ASwede wrote: »
    Weren't you like, 14? You have a really nice tone tbh - it's better than in your other performances imo. Just keep singing and like, practicing the timing and intonation, and you're definitely going to be great dude :) So yeah, there's definitely potential imo! I'm 23 soon and not a lot of ppl have heard me sing before this tbh since I'm really shy, so well done for that!

Yeah I am 14 and awwww thanks so much Robert. I will never be as good as you though lol.

At least someone appreciates me....STACEY. ;-)
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOUISE! (STRICTLY_IRISH)!

Well done Lou, we'll see you next show!

Three acts remaining who have never hit the bottom 2 before. Remember this is in no particular order.

David (Carlisle156)
    Jakk (Jackel1234)
    Justin (Jag02010)

The last act guaranteed a place next show is...
    Forum Member
    Well done Tom and Louise. :)
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    haha stacey you know how to kick someone down don't you haha
    Forum Member
    Congrats Louise, yeah I have a feeling where this is going unfortunately :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAKK!!! (JACKEL1234)

Congrats Jakk, we'll see you next show!

Unfortunately, that means the bottom 2 tonight consist of Justin vs David.

If both acts are online at the moment, can you post your sing off songs?
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased you're safe Tom! And congrats Louise & Jack!

Shocked and sad to see this B2 tbh.
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Yeah I am 14 and awwww thanks so much Robert. I will never be as good as you though lol.

At least someone appreciates me....STACEY. ;-)
    Aaand at least you got the first half your comment correct ;-)
    Pooley wrote: »
    haha stacey you know how to kick someone down don't you haha
    Omg what is this referring to? If you mean my comment to you then it was genuinely supposed to be seen as a positive thing. :p
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Commiserations both. I am here kind of but entertaining parents. Good luck.
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o:o:o:o WHAT

I was actually certain I'd be in the sing off this week as I thought this was my weakest performance! Thank you so much everyone who voted :D

Commiseration's to both Justin and David however :(
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to everyone who got through on such a tough night! Good luck to Justin and David, quite shocking that one of you will be leaving at this point but I guess we come to expect it when the standard's so high :(
    Forum Member
    Well done Jakk. :D

And omg at the bottom 2. This is gunna be a tough one to judge. Good luck Justin and David.
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Omg what is this referring to? If you mean my comment to you then it was genuinely supposed to be seen as a positive thing. :p

haha i'm only messing stacey you know i love you ;)
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I knew it. :(

Good luck Justin, I can't imagine you'll be going... I got thrown under the bus by Gav and his 'dark horse' comment! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I'll post David's sing off song:

David (Carlisle156)
    Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
    https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/thinking-out-loud-2
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Well, this was a bit of an awkward time to check the results...

Congrats to everyone through! David, good luck - this is going to be close.

I'm on my phone so I can't post, but I'll be in the sidelines.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALSO as incentive ;) If I stay I have plans to sing another mid-to-up-tempo, 'growing' song next week and I think it could give me that 'moment'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's Justin's performance (you sent this to me a few weeks ago, hope it still stands?

Justin
    "Come Back...Be Here" - Taylor Swift
    https://soundcloud.com/jag02010-1/come-back-be-here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voting order will be

Pete > Pingu > Stacey

We head to Pete first, who are you sending home Pete?
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Well done both on a competent and well sung sing off. Neither of them had quite the fight I was looking for, but I'm also bearing in mind these were done before our comments last night.

Justin, very professionally sung again - you have so much control and do so many little techniques I'd swear you were a trained singer. Again though, the last 40 seconds were the strongest part - I kind of expected more oomph in a sing off.

David, again I loved your tone in this - you do have a lovely voice and a good emotional connection. I thought it was a bit flat in parts like the first chorus especially, but I realise the irony in this as it seems a bit like Stevi critiquing the vocals of Paul Akister.
    I'm also not keen on songs that have been done on real XF recently, and also I think Robert did an amazing version of this song, so I think you needed something with slightly more originality.

Whoever survives should aim to do what Liam did last week and slay the sing off with a 'wow' choice, but for now I think one of you has a little more potential and showed slightly more fight in both this sing off and in the contest generally.

With regret as he is a very talented contestant, I send home David.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Pete

Vote to send home:
    David - 1
    Justin - 0

Over to you penguin, who are you sending home?
    Forum Member
    This is actually a really hard decision. There is no doubt about whether you both have good voices as you do. David, I have been a bit critical but I absolutely loved you last night and your vocals were beautiful in that sing-off. Justin, you are so versatile and your voice is absolutely amazing. Ugh, I really don't know what to do. I can't be the reason why someone goes home as I am not a proper judge so I am passing it over to Stacey by sending home Justin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks penguin

Vote to send home:
    Justin - 1
    David - 1

We head over to Stacey now with the deciding vote, Stacey who do you choose to send home and therefore eliminate from the contest?
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Genuinely so sad to have to send one of you home tonight because I've enjoyed the majority of performances that you've both given during the competition and I honestly had absolutely NO idea who I was gonna save until this sing-off as you're both fairly equal for me.

Anywaaay, David whilst you were singing all I could keep thinking is "this version is nothing on Robert's" unfortunately (which was my favourite performance in the entire competition to this day) so this was super underwhelming for me. :( And Justin when I saw your song choice I died a little inside because Taylor Swift is one of my all time favourite musicians so I was really excited to hear your version...and it didn't disappoint at all. You hit some beautiful notes in there and had some lovely runs and it felt like you were fighting whereas David it didn't feel any different to your usual cute performances.

Sooo, I'm really sorry but the act I'm sending home is David.
    Forum Member
    Comiserations David. :(