Options

The Last Moon Hoax Thread Ever

Comments

• Options
    Ahmed NasimAhmed Nasim Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Oh I am not so sure about that. I became a convert the first time I ever heard her sing. She was singing "Without You".

Haha!! Okay I'll give you that one. After all, she's only a hundred times better than the p!ss poor man's version aka Leona Lewis
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me ask you:

How did they manage to lie to the 400,000 people employed on the Apollo program so successfully?

Did they murder astronauts Williams, Bassett, Freeman, Grissom, White & Chaffee for reasons to do with your "conspiracy"?

Do you believe the preceeeding Mercury then Gemini missions were also faked?

Did Apollo 7 test the C/SM hardware in Earth Orbit?

Did Apollo 8 voyage to the moon and back in Dec 1968?

Did Apollo 9 test the LM in Earth Orbit?

Did Apollo 10 orbit the moon, and did it's LM fly over the lunar surface?

How did Russia, when tracking the Apollo 11 landing, get so duped by NASA? They followed the C/SM/LM all the way to the moon remember....

How did NASA then dupe the world again when Apollo 12 landed the moon?

Did they fake the triumph over disaster that was Apollo 13?

Did they dupe the WHOLE WORLD again when Apollo 14 landed on the moon?

Did they dupe the WHOLE WORLD again when Apollo 15 landed on the moon?

Did they dupe the WHOLE WORLD again when Apollo 16 landed on the moon?

Did they dupe the WHOLE WORLD again when Apollo 17 landed on the moon?

Wow how clever, they some how managed to land six LMs on the moon over a period of 3.5 years without really doing it! What were all those Earth radar stations tracking? :rolleyes:

As for the science behind the venture, have you not Newton and Copernicus??? The science behind Apollo is hundreds of years old. By the time the 60s had come, rocket technology had reached a point where it could do what the science of Newton said it could do.

ONLY THE TRULY IGNORANT SAY THAT MAN NEVER WALKED ON THE MOON.

Great post and I for one am a believer. I watched it on the TV.

For it to have been faked thousands of people must have been in on it. I don't think it was possible to fool so many people.

How do you convince non Americans to pretend you tracked all these spacecraft to the moon just to get one step ahead of the Russians.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha!! Okay I'll give you that one. After all, she's only a hundred times better than the p!ss poor man's version aka Leona Lewis

Have you ever heeard Harry Nillson sing that? also did you know that the original duo that wrote that never got the credit for it?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    I actually don't think they ever landed on the moon tbh - not in 1969 anyway.

How old were you in 1969?
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for a manned mission to Mars, that should cause some
    lively debate!
    On the subject of the Moon landings when did the hoax theory first appear?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you ever heeard Harry Nillson sing that? also did you know that the original duo that wrote that never got the credit for it?

Yep, I have heard Harry sing it, which is one of the reasons I don't particularly like Mariah.. She took a beautiful piece of music and turned it into American trash.

I didn't know about the original writers not getting any credits for writing it though, that's a shame! Who is credited for writing it then, Harry?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I have heard Harry sing it, which is one of the reasons I don't particularly like Mariah.. She took a beautiful piece of music and turned it into American trash.

I didn't know about the original writers not getting any credits for writing it though, that's a shame! Who is credited for writing it then, Harry?

I would have to look it up in my video collection but I will do it for you in the next 24 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would have to look it up in my video collection but I will do it for you in the next 24 hours.

Thank you very much!! :cool:

Anyway, enough of fog horns and dog whistles, back to the moon :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    Wait for a manned mission to Mars, that should cause some
    lively debate!
    On the subject of the Moon landings when did the hoax theory first appear?

Well if I am honest 1969. We had an old woman neighbour who resolutely maintained it was all a hoax in 1969.

Her two reasons were:

1. You could not land on the moon as it was only the size of her kettle.

2. It was not mentioned in the local newspaper.

The bigger conspiracy was after the release of Capricon I film.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Well if I am honest 1969. We had an old woman neighbour who resolutely maintained it was all a hoax in 1969.

Her two reasons were:

Your old woman neighbour from 40yrs ago sounds like she has more intellect than those that spout their moon hoax theories in this forum. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Her two reasons were:

HAHAHA
    That has given me the biggest laugh of the day!

Got to get off this place now.. Cheerio
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about laughs have people head the Mr Gorsky/Neil armstrong story?

See http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Lily they they did go to the moon. I followed them and there was no fake.
    You went to the moon too? You've kept that quiet!

Her two reasons were:

I dimly recall, not long after the moon landings, seeing an interview with an elderly English eccentric (male, so not your neighbour), who insisted that they couldn't have gone to the moon as it was just a small disc a few feet across. He had a rather elaborate theory to support this belief.

Further evidence was that the Apollo rockets didn't go "straight up" as he would expect. Based on their trajectory, he'd worked out where (on Earth) they were really landing...

I also have a vague feeling that NASA or the BBC paid to take him to watch a subsequent Apollo launch, feeling sure that the sheer majesty of the spectacle would make him change his mind. It didn't.
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Lily they they did go to the moon. I followed them and there was no fake. This idea of a hoax was dreamed up later on by conspiratory theorists.

Just what technology was not available for a moon mission in 1969?

What??!! in your own rocket? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    You went to the moon too? You've kept that quiet!

I dimly recall, not long after the moon landings, seeing an interview with an elderly English eccentric (male, so not your neighbour), who insisted that they couldn't have gone to the moon as it was just a small disc a few feet across. He had a rather elaborate theory to support this belief.

Further evidence was that the Apollo rockets didn't go "straight up" as he would expect. Based on their trajectory, he'd worked out where (on Earth) they were really landing...

I also have a vague feeling that NASA or the BBC paid to take him to watch a subsequent Apollo launch, feeling sure that the sheer majesty of the spectacle would make him change his mind. It didn't.

Ssshhh.

I have not heard of that one before. It would be good to find a reference.

A guy bet £1 at 10,000 and won his bet. He was quite big news in the run up to the moon landing.

I think he was later killed in a car crash which he had bought with his winnings although I am not 100% sure about that.
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not heard of that one before. It would be good to find a reference.
    I tried to find one the last time I mentioned it, without success. Sadly, not everything is on the Internet!

[Or, I could have just imagined the whole thing, but I don't think so].
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird - these threads normally only appear after Capricorn one has been on the telly!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the debate on the various moon hoax thread I said that we would have an answer in the spring. Well within a month there is a mission to the moon due which should easily answer the sceptics. Are you prepared to consider the new evidence or will you be forever a naysayer?

Which skeptics?

I don't know of any skeptics who think the moon landings were faked.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Yeah the moon landings were faked and the Russians just went along with it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Yeah the moon landings were faked and the Russians just went along with it. :rolleyes:

yes, what possible benefit could have the Soviets have gained from exposing the US as fraudsters..
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think...wait for it...

Gay immmgrants faked the moon landings because they were obsessed with violent videogames in a plot to destroy house prices!

Daily Mail headline of the weeeeeeeeek!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Lily they they did go to the moon. I followed them and there was no fake. This idea of a hoax was dreamed up later on by conspiratory theorists.

Just what technology was not available for a moon mission in 1969?

Wow, did you take a camera?
  • Options
    Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed how the moon landings and the bible arguments are kind of opposites?

i.e. One has believers backed up by documented historical fact and science and non believers that go on half-baked vague theories

And the other has believers that go on half-baked theories with non-believers siting a lack of documented historical fact and science....?

:D tee hee, sorry, just wondered if i would be able to combine 2 of the biggest discussion reasons on this forum into one thread..

I like a challenge! :D
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed how the moon landings and the bible arguments are kind of opposites?

i.e. One has believers backed up by documented historical fact and science and non believers that go on half-baked vague theories

And the other has believers that go on half-baked theories with non-believers siting a lack of documented historical fact and science....?

:D tee hee, sorry, just wondered if i would be able to combine 2 of the biggest discussion reasons on this forum into one thread..

Interesting......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are parallels too:

Jesus Christ (allegedly) walked upon the Sea of Galilee.

Neil Armstrong (allegedly) walked upon the Sea of Tranquility.

...and they both came in peace for all mankind.