KP to pay compensation to PA for Heat interview

Comments

• Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    I agree with 1.

With no2 you can imagine the comments from those vehmenantly anti peter andre about him taking money from katie price cant you? LOL, im convinced they only let it out about the trust fund for harvey because of the DS boards :D

Ha! True story. :D

Harvey wins so all good. But personally, I think it was dual purpose. To show it was about principle, not money, and to show that they're dealing with things 'maturely'....

(PS. And setting the scene for the GR. ;))
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    You don't have to think anything of KP to recognise that she helped PA step back into the public gaze. I can't stand the plastic bint, but she knows how to play people. He jumped onto her little ship and hasn't been stupid enough to hop back off.

Of course you have to rate her highly to compute that PA was made by meeting her. My opinion is that without Claire Powell KP would have gone back from the jungle with the lad in tow she was cheating on with PA. And would we have been interested in that relationship? Not likely. She would have done perfume & books & dragged along from one OK article to the next about her different boyfriends. IMO.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Ha! True story. :D

Harvey wins so all good. But personally, I think it was dual purpose. To show it was about principle, not money, and to show that they're dealing with things 'maturely'....

(PS. And setting the scene for the GR. ;))

Ohh good point it does seem to be heading that way with all this "loving memories" and maturity. I honestly dont see it happening but weirder things have happened in celeb land huhand its almost like they are testing the water to see what sort of response they get.

If they do get back together it will be something like "katies getting therapy for her issues & im learning to deal with my jealousy and insecurity and we are talking who knows whats around the corner but neither of us have felt for anyone else like we did for each other" this will be inspite of Katie having declared she never loved Peter like she loves/d Alex/Leo/Danny etc :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    Of course you have to rate her highly to compute that PA was made by meeting her. My opinion is that without Claire Powell KP would have gone back from the jungle with the lad in tow she was cheating on with PA. And would we have been interested in that relationship? Not likely. She would have done perfume & books & dragged along from one OK article to the next about her different boyfriends. IMO.

Katie has a lot to thank Claire for but Claires style of management imo is so far outdated now its a joke its the "grab verything while we can as who knows when the public wil get fed up", and always always go for the sympathy poor me no one knows what its like etc good parent "innocent" persona. Ill give her credit where its due she had me fooled about Katie when she came out the jungle (1st time around) i was actually rooting for her. Years later watching the row in the shop in LA over the scooter thing i thought "you nasty vicious spiteful miserable beetch" how they managed to keep that covered up for so long was amazing to be honest.
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie has a lot to thank Claire for but Claires style of management imo is so far outdated now its a joke its the "grab verything while we can as who knows when the public wil get fed up", and always always go for the sympathy poor me no one knows what its like etc good parent "innocent" persona. Ill give her credit where its due she had me fooled about Katie when she came out the jungle (1st time around) i was actually rooting for her. Years later watching the row in the shop in LA over the scooter thing i thought "you nasty vicious spiteful miserable beetch" how they managed to keep that covered up for so long was amazing to be honest.

I agree, this people are products thing is naff, but it was new back then & worked, I thought she was ok then too. But CP must have had a real struggle controlling Jordan. KP has to have the power. She doesn't seem to have done so well under her own management.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    I agree, this people are products thing is naff, but it was new back then & worked, I thought she was ok then too. But CP must have had a real struggle controlling Jordan. KP has to have the power. She doesn't seem to have done so well under her own management.

Well we all know its all about her as she repeatedly tells everyone and her relationships fail because as soon as they get any attention instead of her she starts throwing strops. Its all about her her her etc and makes the rules etc. Shes basically looking for a doormat and when she gets one complains they are boring.

Im glad Peter got an apology and im glad the moneys going to Harvey as Lexi said it might teach her to watch shouting her mouth off but im not holding out much hope :p
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    tara27 wrote: »
    This^^^. She was mouthing off that he was just pretending to love Harvey,so Peter Andre ensured the payout went to him . Just proof what a god guy he is.
    Regarding her paying only part of Peter Andre's costs.....it is most unusual . The norm is that the 'loser' in these cases pays all the costs involved. So I daresay Peter Andre will have asked for this. I could be wrong,but I rarely am.:)

Surely it suggests that PA won something of a technical victory but overall his case, or the way it was presented was weak, vexatious even?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely it suggests that PA won something of a technical victory but overall his case, or the way it was presented was weak, vexatious even?

If it was weak he wouldnt have won would he? she said something she shouldnt have, insinuated something she shouldnt have and basically called him a liar. There was nothing weak about it, she is happy to declare she will sue left right and centre if lies are said about her so why cant he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it was weak he wouldnt have won would he? she said something she shouldnt have, insinuated something she shouldnt have and basically called him a liar. There was nothing weak about it, she is happy to declare she will sue left right and centre if lies are said about her so why cant he?

Of course weak cases can be won as there are so many variables involved...eg..a small technicality can win a case which is otherwise dead in the water....one Judge may be convinced by a point whereas another judge may not. The law is very grey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course weak cases can be won as there are so many variables involved...eg..a small technicality can win a case which is otherwise dead in the water....one Judge may be convinced by a point whereas another judge may not. The law is very grey.

I agree the law can be grey, i dont agree his case was weak. She did what she was accused of, she said what she was acucsed of saying, so where is it weak?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree the law can be grey, i dont agree his case was weak. She did what she was accused of, she said what she was acucsed of saying, so where is it weak?

Who knows, I've not read the transcripts of the case. However, partial costs does not point to a strong case.
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows, I've not read the transcripts of the case. However, partial costs does not point to a strong case.
    I haven't read the transcripts either and no-one needs to to see the basics. She said in an article printed in HEAT that he never loved Harvey.....this at a time when he was actually fighting her for access to the child. No man would go through the expense and horror of that unless he had love for the child involved. She KNEW he loves that boy and was the only father he knew and she knew his weakness was the kids so in true KP fashion she fought dirty and made that statement in HEAT to hurt him. It back-fired,but he got the apology and Harvey got a payout thanks to his daddy Pete.
    Partial costs points to Peter Andre not demanding the full recompense winners in these cases usually get ....cos he's a nice guy.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to think anything of KP to recognise that she helped PA step back into the public gaze. I can't stand the plastic bint, but she knows how to play people. He jumped onto her little ship and hasn't been stupid enough to hop back off.

They gave each up a step up the ladder. When they went into IAC, he was a long forgotten pop star that most people would have called a one hit wonder and she was a fading glamour model becoming more known for falling out of clubs pissed and shagging footballers (and reality tv contestants).

I have said it before and I will say it again, had they not got together in the jungle, they'd have both faded back into obscurity after a few months. It was the power of being one of the first reality tv showmances and having a manager who pushed them into every appearance and photoshoot going that made them as famous as they became
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't make sense. :confused: he has hopped off 2 years past....hence her going all psycho in HEAT etc and having to apologise. His ship is actually floating along nicely while hers is in Titanic mode these days :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't read the transcripts either and no-one needs to to see the basics. She said in an article printed in HEAT that he never loved Harvey.....this at a time when he was actually fighting her for access to the child. No man would go through the expense and horror of that unless he had love for the child involved. She KNEW he loves that boy and was the only father he knew and she knew his weakness was the kids so in true KP fashion she fought dirty and made that statement in HEAT to hurt him. It back-fired,but he got the apology and Harvey got a payout thanks to his daddy Pete.
    Partial costs points to Peter Andre not demanding the full recompense winners in these cases usually get ....cos he's a nice guy.

Yes coz lawyers frequently recommend that their clients refuse full costs, particularly when they have a cast iron case. :rolleyes:

The Saint Pete marketing ploy is still working then.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all reports of her wealth are to be believed, I doubt she'll be losing much sleep about the sum going to her son anyway.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That doesn't make sense. :confused: he has hopped off 2 years past....hence her going all psycho in HEAT etc and having to apologise. His ship is actually floating along nicely while hers is in Titanic mode these days :D

Oh dear... I will leave the thread at this point... the ship is still sailing along nicely... with both firmly onboard... stop being so gullible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear... I will leave the thread at this point... the ship is still sailing along nicely... with both firmly onboard... stop being so gullible.
    Oh dear:) .........bye bye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes coz lawyers frequently recommend that their clients refuse full costs, particularly when they have a cast iron case. :rolleyes:

Never worked with me.:)

BIB fantastic word.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No,I doubt lawyers EVER recommend that,but their clients (who pay them regardless) can ask for that to be the case. And Peter is a decent bloke and would do just that .:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, just a question here -- but who says he never cheated? Him? his brother? His manager? really? I mean no one but PA knows what went down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much less vexatious than her spouting lies about him in the press and on telly programmes though. She has now been proven a liar in a court of law....nothing vexatious about wanting the truth admitted to.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No,I doubt lawyers EVER recommend that,but their clients (who pay them regardless) can ask for that to be the case. And Peter is a decent bloke and would do just that .:)

Yeah and maybe Saint Pete can assist Saint Nicholas with his delivery schedule this year?
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it suggests that PA won something of a technical victory but overall his case, or the way it was presented was weak, vexatious even?[/QUOTE]

And does the judge usually award compensation to a person who brings such a case ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    OK, just a question here -- but who says he never cheated? Him? his brother? His manager? really? I mean no one but PA knows what went down.

So start a new thread on it, since it is irrelevant to this discussion.
    Good for him winning his case and forcing her to back down. :)
This discussion has been closed.