Options

All turning sour for Amy mark 2. ?

Comments

• Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    If she hadnt run to the press smearing other peoples reputations then none of this would have happened, what did she expect them to do:confused: its due to one of her accusations against them that theyve stated a procedure they had been working on, that all agents undertake to ensure the people their promoting have nothing in their pasts that can be dragged up in the press against them, if their lying, and have treated her as badly as she says then she will have no problem taking them to court, which is what she should have done in the first place

I would expect a professional company to behave in a professional way compared to a silly, inexperienced, teenaged girl. They should have refuted her claims and explained why she was lying/wrong and left it at that instead of releasing an innuedno filled statement. Although there is always the option that BSM are just not that professional. There really wasn't any need to make the comment about her past and as for her being above Marbella well she was promised the Maldives so has every right to complain.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    tara27 wrote: »
    Watchdod indeed.
    You see that's why I think there are legal impications here and that Amy has a good case against them . If other members of her family were witnesses when those promises were made to Amy (& they were ) then a court could decide that BSM didn't keep their side of a verbal contract. Even if they are in the clear on the jobs side of things to a degree.....shaky ground ,but they could slide under the radar on it.....they must be held responsible for the "prizes " KP kept droning on were on offer for the winner. If Amy couldn't afford the Range Rover insurance then they could have toned down the value of car to one she could afford or else given her the value of the car lease to spend as she chose. But then,I suspect the Range Rover lease was another of KP's freebies from the company so cost her nothing anyway. Same with the holiday.....they could have offered her the value of it in monetary terms....or was that another freebie costing them nothing hence the cavalier attitude to it all.
    Also,the contract with BSM was one of the prizes,so it was for Amy to refuse should she choose. She did refuse the contract. But is entitled to her other winnings. KP & her bro are so tight it's unreal.

The prize is a package, people cant pick and choose which bits they want and which bits they cant afford to take.

Amy has effectively stopped other more grateful people winning those prizes. At least Steve Brookstein gave it a few years before he started slagging Cowel over reality TV prizes and he didn't have the benefit of a host of reality shows before him. Amy and her family are either unbeliveably niave or very manipulative.

Maybe she will sign for CAN next.
  • Options
    La Dolce VitaLa Dolce Vita Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Watchdod indeed.
    You see that's why I think there are legal impications here and that Amy has a good case against them . If other members of her family were witnesses when those promises were made to Amy (& they were ) then a court could decide that BSM didn't keep their side of a verbal contract. Even if they are in the clear on the jobs side of things to a degree.....shaky ground ,but they could slide under the radar on it.....they must be held responsible for the "prizes " KP kept droning on were on offer for the winner. If Amy couldn't afford the Range Rover insurance then they could have toned down the value of car to one she could afford or else given her the value of the car lease to spend as she chose. But then,I suspect the Range Rover lease was another of KP's freebies from the company so cost her nothing anyway. Same with the holiday.....they could have offered her the value of it in monetary terms....or was that another freebie costing them nothing hence the cavalier attitude to it all.
    Also,the contract with BSM was one of the prizes,so it was for Amy to refuse should she choose. She did refuse the contract. But is entitled to her other winnings. KP & her bro are so tight it's unreal.

To be fair, it doesn't seem very likely that Amy could sue for her prizes. Likelihood is, they were contingent upon her signing the contract. She refused to sign her contract. It's a bit of a great area
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. People were latching onto BSM saying they wished her well...blah blah blah. But the snidey childish comments before that regarding Amy having a past they were trying to clear up is disgusting innuendo designed to set the press on Amy . If they have that capability then clearing up the boss's past might be a good place to start I would think. I doubt anything Amy has done will match KP's past indiscetions .

This could backfire big time on BSM. Rather than going after Amy, the press could decide to go after BSM. Let's face it, what would be a jucier story? The skeletons in the closet of a girl who isn't famous or the possible dodgy practices of a management company run by Katie Price?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, it doesn't seem very likely that Amy could sue for her prizes. Likelihood is, they were contingent upon her signing the contract. She refused to sign her contract. It's a bit of a great area

I was under the impression that the contract was one of the prizes. Certainly, if Amy's account is to be believed, the prizes went t*ts up before she was asked to sign the contract (which is one of the reasons she refused to sign it). Had the prizes been part of the contract, surely she'd have been asked to sign it before the prizes were issued...which would appear not to have been the case.

I wonder if BSM will now try to sign the runner-up in the competition? That would actually make sense (far more than slagging off Amy) and could turn the situation around for Katie/BSM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I was under the impression that the contract was one of the prizes. Certainly, if Amy's account is to be believed, the prizes went t*ts up before she was asked to sign the contract (which is one of the reasons she refused to sign it). Had the prizes been part of the contract, surely she'd have been asked to sign it before the prizes were issued...which would appear not to have been the case.

I wonder if BSM will now try to sign the runner-up in the competition? That would actually make sense (far more than slagging off Amy) and could turn the situation around for Katie/BSM.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Amy should have got all those prizes by virtue of her participating in and winning the show. It's strange. She probably would have a good case. But are you really going to waste thousands in legal fees on a 2 grand holiday? She probably wouldn't even get the value of the lease of the car as the prize list didn't stipulate that they'd pay her insurance, only that she'd get the use of the car, which she did. Licence issues or insurance issues aren't BSM's problem. She wouldn't recover anything for the jobs she was promised, as I'd presume that they would flow from the contract she was to sign. So realistically, all she'd get is the holiday. And I'd imagine she'd get more money from the Mirror story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She presumably expected that BSM would sort the insurance, since they were the ones offering the prize. Where on earth did they think she was going to find that sort of money, given that they'd told her to quit her job so that she could be 100% committed to them?:rolleyes:

This situation reminds me of those Watchdog investigations into dodgy agencies who promise their clients work which never materialises, after first getting them to part with significant amounts of money for 'expenses'!:rolleyes:

Huh if you go on a game show and win a car YOU have to insure it... Ive seen people win cars on all sorts of shows that don't look like they could afford the insurance... Remember the range rover was a prize at the get go they didn't know who was going to win!!

Also, WHy should they hand prizes over when she refused to sign a contract.Otherwise she could just pick and choose the holiday and car and run from BSM ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know as well 6 weeks since she's won the show how fast did she expect holidays cars etc....

Even when you win the lotto you gotta wait.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After yesterday's piece of damage control, I think the runner-up would be best to steer well clear. That BS statement wins the prize for the least professional, most churlish and mean-minded statement ever issued by a so-called professional management agency. What the hell were they thinking? I can understand them coming back on the accusations (and I still feel it's far from being as cut and dried as Amy made it sound) but to imply - not even imply, say outright! - that she needed 'cleaning up' is just pure spite. Who would want to sign with a company that shows such little regard for a client's privacy? And will throw them to the dogs if things don't go their way?

I would imagine there are things that all mgt agencies do to 'damage control' (to whatever degree necessary) a new client's past, but it would be a private matter between the client and the agency. Putting it out there for public consumption is such a breach of trust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    After yesterday's piece of damage control, I think the runner-up would be best to steer well clear. That BS statement wins the prize for the least professional, most churlish and mean-minded statement ever issued by a so-called professional management agency. What the hell were they thinking? I can understand them coming back on the accusations (and I still feel it's far from being as cut and dried as Amy made it sound) but to imply - not even imply, say outright! - that she needed 'cleaning up' is just pure spite. Who would want to sign with a company that shows such little regard for a client's privacy? And will throw them to the dogs if things don't go their way?

I would imagine there are things that all mgt agencies do to 'damage control' (to whatever degree necessary) a new client's past, but it would be a private matter between the client and the agency. Putting it out there for public consumption is such a breach of trust.

Completely agree. That statement really was appalling. It stank of Pricey's "vengeful, spiteful" modus operandi. Which is fine for the grand witch herself, but totally unprofessional, ill advised and down right bizarre from a supposedly professional PR company. What on earth were they thinking? A big, long winded spite filled stream of consciousness. I'm amazed they're in business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, in any competition which involves a prize of a car, it's the winner's business to insure it. It's the girl's only silly fault for not realising that.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, in any competition which involves a prize of a car, it's the winner's business to insure it. It's the girl's only silly fault for not realising that.

I've seen tv stations saying the prize is a car & insurance. In Ireland and Germany. But unless it's stated when it's offered that's what people are left with.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

But then, as I pointed out in the other thread, surely BSM should have realised that the insurance for a Range Rover would be unaffordable for someone in their teens/early twenties!! It's not exactly a secret how much car insurance has rocketed especially for younger drivers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    Huh if you go on a game show and win a car YOU have to insure it... Ive seen people win cars on all sorts of shows that don't look like they could afford the insurance... Remember the range rover was a prize at the get go they didn't know who was going to win!!

Also, WHy should they hand prizes over when she refused to sign a contract.Otherwise she could just pick and choose the holiday and car and run from BSM ....

If you're not sure whether someone is going to be able to afford the insurance for the car, it might be an idea to a) find out how old everyone who has made through the audition process is and b) check how much it was going to cost to insure. Of course if you live on Planet Price you're probably so deluded that you think anyone can afford to shell out £10,000!:rolleyes:

Once again, the contract was one of the prizes! Amy refused to sign the contract after things went t*ts up with the prizes. If the prizes were subject to the signing of the contract, Amy would have been expected to sign before the prizes were given, but that clearly wasn't the case, since Amy was given the telephone number to sort the holiday by BSM before she signed the contract.

I'd also add that BSM have said nothing about the prizes being subject to the signing of the contract. In their official statement, they simply give reasons for things going t*ts up with the prizes. If they were subject to the signing of the contract, don't you think BSM would have said that, rather than trying to defend substituting Marbella for the Maldives (and slagging off Amy for having the audacity to question that)? Let's face it, if they had, it would have been Game Over, because you can't argue with something being subject to contract!
    I would like to know as well 6 weeks since she's won the show how fast did she expect holidays cars etc....

Even when you win the lotto you gotta wait.

She won the series months before it aired, so she was left waiting for much longer than 6 weeks.

It's also not just about the prizes - it's about the work that didn't materialise. Remember that while Katie Price was playing star-maker, Amy's only income was from the work BSM were getting for her (thanks to BSM's stonking advice to give up her job and her uni place)!:rolleyes:

What gets me is that if this was some backstreet company run by a dodgy person, there would be scant sympathy for the company or the dodgy person who runs it. However, because it's a 'Management Company' run by Katie Price, people seem to be seeing things differently - almost as if Katie Price's involvement with the company somehow makes it respectable and above-board. Which means that if BSM is accused of shoddy practices, then the person making the accusations must be lying - the accusations couldn't possibly be true because BSM is a Katie Price company!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect post J...^
    The prizes were being rattled off during the ads for the show and were listed....as in, A RANGE ROVER.....A HOLIDAY IN THE MALDIVES....& A MODELLING CONTRACT . With advice for fast tracking in "the industry" from Krusty as a percieved bonus. :rolleyes:
    Amy didn't get the holiday promised ,but was offered a cheaper version. She couldn't afford the car they chose but wasn't offered an alternative........so why in God's name would she sign up with THAT kind of Mickey Mouse management ?
    Well,going by her tweets she is getting work off her own bat & hopefully can continue that way & sign with a Management company NOT geared up for promoting Krusty & only Krusty. Shame on BSM.:mad:
    Considering BSM's lack of known 'names' on their books I think refusing to sign up with them was a good move. But she won those prizes & is entitled to their value.........no doubt in my mind on that.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should she taken up her uni place she will now have masses of debt, which she wouldn't have done had she gone when she planned too. And she is now jobless too, many selling the story was the only way of getting any money, so she won't have to sign on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And predictably... Dan Wootton is in the thick of it kissing one sides arse:rolleyes: I don't think I could actually say what I wish would happen to that muppet.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    She put her university education on hold last year because of Katie Price?

Hello, what's this from two years ago....
    A sixth former from Redland Green School has put her plans for university on hold after she was crowned Miss Bristol.

Doesn't look like she made much of a sacrifice.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Apart from Dan Wootton there's an odious smell about this so called competition....

Would I be right in thinking Ms Price's production company was paid to make the show where Ms Price looked for 'talent' to join her management company and the prizes were conditional not on winning but on signing with BSM?

What have the TV channel who commissioned the show got to say on it?
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Amy was never promised a holiday in the Maldives – she was promised a luxury holiday and the only place *available was Marbella."

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever thought that Range rover sponsored the prize so Katie didn't have any option maybe RR gave money etc because katie drives one...

Im sure she could have given the RR to her parents to drive etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already suggested the car thing was a freebie offered to Krusty in the hope of the show taking off & them getting positive feedback & assuming Krusty would actually promote her winner sufficiently for them to be able to afford to run it. But Krusty let the kid down by failing to provide the fast-track she crowed about in the ads for the show. So that put the kybosh on that.
    Same with the holiday. Another of her freebies from some company, offered thinking the show would take off & promote the holiday company. Show bombed so the holiday was downgraded.
    Really bad management that they couldn't come up with a better offer for Amy in the months after her win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever thought that Range rover sponsored the prize so Katie didn't have any option maybe RR gave money etc because katie drives one...

Im sure she could have given the RR to her parents to drive etc.

That's exactly what I thought (and mentioned earlier in the thread). Which makes Katie's refusal to pay for the insurance even worse, since it's not as if she had to pay for the use of the car. It was £10,000 which could have been paid back by Amy from her earnings. That way, it would have been in Katie's and BSM's best interests to get work for her. Also, Katie could easily have afforded the initial outlay - she's worth £40million*!

As the saying goes, 'you have to speculate to accumilate'. Unfortunately, Katie isn't willing to 'speculate' - if she had, she and her company wouldn't now be in this mess, which could end up costing her much more than the value of the RR insurance and a holiday in the Maldives. She could well find herself rueing the day she decided to cut corners.

*or so she claims
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it isn't very encouraging for anyone on their books to see how they treat someone they crowed they would "fast-track" in the business. If that is fast-tracking then you have to wonder how they work for others on their books.
    Which begs the question.....just who is on their books? Any 'names' ? Kate Moss? Agyness Deyn ?
    No....thought not. Quelle surprise.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well it isn't very encouraging for anyone on their books to see how they treat someone they crowed they would "fast-track" in the business. If that is fast-tracking then you have to wonder how they work for others on their books.
    Which begs the question.....just who is on their books? Any 'names' ? Kate Moss? Agyness Deyn ?
    No....thought not. Quelle surprise.

KP, and therefore BSM, is at the 'fame for fames sake' end of the PR market so hardly likely to have A listers. Amy seems to fit right in after that story to the MIrror so she'll have to look for a similarly low grade talent(less) agency. One that thrives on KP connections maybe?