Options

Ella's voice is ugly!

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
Yes, she hits the right notes, but her voice is not something I would want to listen to. It's just not what I would call a beautiful voice at all. She has some bad habits she needs to stamp out.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Her voice is a mess. It's horrible to listen to, so many technical flaws it's unreal.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I hate her voice.Tonights performance sounded flat imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    And I suppose Rylan's performance was EXCELLENT?!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Yes, she hits the right notes, but her voice is not something I would want to listen to. It's just not what I would call a beautiful voice at all. She has some bad habits she needs to stamp out.

THANK YOU! Her way of singing is really annoying me now and I liked her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    GeshEmpty wrote: »
    And I suppose Rylan's performance was EXCELLENT?!?

:confused::confused::confused::confused: This thread is about Ella's voice.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I really don't get the appeal this girl has to some people

I guess it's just the best out of a really really terrible group
  • Options
    flounder78flounder78 Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I love listening to her - unfortunately I am uncomfortable watching her. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it. But when I look away I really enjoy what I listen to so I don't agree with OP.
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Her voice bores me now. Previous female singers did not.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this threads title is quite harsh...however i'm sad to say i do agree to some extent.
    it is a bit of a mess. due mainly to some bad vocal habits and poor execution of technique.
    her voice went weak a few times again tonight. i don't mean it went quiet as she's always rather loud (that's loud, not powerful). i mean she sung some notes that wavered and struggled to keep pitch.

one thing i will give her is that she has some desperation in her voice...which i like...that's a compliment not a negative.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    this threads title is quite harsh...however i'm sad to say i do agree to some extent.
    it is a bit of a mess. due mainly to some bad vocal habits and poor execution of technique.
    her voice went weak a few times again tonight. i don't mean it went quiet as she's always rather loud (that's loud, not powerful). i mean she sung some notes that wavered and struggled to keep pitch.

one thing i will give her is that she has some desperation in her voice...which i like...that's a compliment not a negative.

I thought she was better this week than last; but I do agree with most of this post. Donning my 'broken record' hat, it fascinates me how much criticism Jahmene gets for embellishing notes and dragging them all over his (considerable) range; when Ella does the exact same across her (limited) range.

I think she's likeable and I've read somewhere that she's only 16, so I don't want to be too harsh on her. There's something there, but I think it's style over substance. It's definitely wearing thin.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flounder78 wrote: »
    I love listening to her - unfortunately I am uncomfortable watching her. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it. But when I look away I really enjoy what I listen to so I don't agree with OP.

Is it the way she holds her head down into her neck and strains upwards like she's trying to admire the ceiling despite her whiplash?
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Its so flat and deeply mono tone. I couldnt listen to her on the radio without ear plugs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she seems to start a song OK then she starts overdoing the affectations and sort of bellows
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    oh oh oh oh is all she sings, in every song she has performed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I has a voice like that, life would be complete!

#Jealous
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is a mess. It's horrible to listen to, so many technical flaws it's unreal.
    Ella has a really big, wide mouth and last week she showed how she can fit her fist right inside it so maybe this doesn't help her voice tone. ;)
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kas321 wrote: »
    oh oh oh oh is all she sings, in every song she has performed!

:) i know the thing you're referring to. it's were she does that sort of broken up note sound. it's actually what the post above yours was saying. she has an 'affected' singing voice. not very natural.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Her voice is magnificent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I think she is not singing the right songs, but she has a fantastic voice, the songs she has chosen for the last two weeks have been too harsh for her, for want of a better word.
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her voice, either. But I do think that she has handled the whole shebang in a very calm and mature way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I don't like her voice, either. But I do think that she has handled the whole shebang in a very calm and mature way.

Hope she doesn't win.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, it's painful and I definitely couldn't listen to an album full of it. Also she seems to always be singing in such a low key during her songs, it doesn't suit her.
  • Options
    LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    don't know about ugly but it's not to my taste, she's ok.
  • Options
    David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    She does not have much of a top register, so she had to lower the key of tonight's song (as she has for the last 3 weeks) such that the low parts then become a struggle for her. Nicole asked her to hold onto the note for longer but one of the reasons she doesn't is that lack of range.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, it's painful and I definitely couldn't listen to an album full of it. Also she seems to always be singing in such a low key during her songs, it doesn't suit her.

*sigh* I've explained this many, many times. She has an incredibly limited range the 'low' key is the only key she can sing in unless she does falsetto. There are very few songs that suit her, that's why her fans complain she got the wrong song choice every week.