Options

Has any housemate bullied Wolfy for being different?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StrangeStrange Posts: 14,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody she's just doing it as part of her game plan thinking the public will feel sorry for and support but in fact it's made them dislike her even more get wolfy out!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    AngelJean wrote: »
    Firstly I think Dan is his own worse enemy he needs to relax and have fun. But, to be honest, if I was in a situation when someone was telling stories which probably aren't true I would question them. I hate people lying to me. But more importantly I hate people lying to me and thinking I believe them.
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, it can come over as if they're taking you for a fool.

Exactly. I can relate to Dan in that if someone feeds me a load of lies I'm actually insulted - I mean they must thing I'm stupid if they think I won't realise... So it's impossible for me to not question them and show both that I've spotted their inconsistencies and that they are a liar ('cos lying is wrong :D).

Character flaw? Maybe - I suppose it depends whether you or yours are on the receiving end for lying, or you're lucky enough to benefit from having such a perceptive and honest friend! :D
  • Options
    celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    wotnot wrote: »
    No I don't think so, I have experienced people like Wolfy in life in that they are victims of their own individuality by their own making. However I find Dan's attitude to her bizarre, he really does interrogate her it's very odd.

See i dont think he does ,
    for me all he does is call her out on her obvious lies .
    I'm no detective but i know i too would have called her out on the blatant insulting peoples intelligence .
    The interrogate word is used only because her replies to him pointing out blatant discrepancies are even less believable than the initial lie !

She's the only one doing this , so she would be the only i would call out .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not in the slightest, that vile individual has basically been caught out for the selfish liar that she is and it's now turning round like she's a poor victim, oh and what a great excuse of I'm different, I'm sure if dan wasn't gay himself she would have said he homophobic. Because obviously people just don't like someone for being a nasty person with no morals!
  • Options
    celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    Firstly I think Dan is his own worse enemy he needs to relax and have fun. But, to be honest, if I was in a situation when someone was telling stories which probably aren't true I would question them. I hate people lying to me. But more importantly I hate people lying to me and thinking I believe them.

I have to confess i too take this really personally ,
    moreso than is sensible .

to me if your blatantly lying to me , it translates in my head as
    " hey , daftie , your stupid enough to believe this .
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd take all that crap she spouts about talking to insects as an insult to my intelligence (if she was spouting it to me personally,) and I'd have to ask her not to bother me with it, as I'd hate to come across as rude when calling her a complete loon.
  • Options
    crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is just forgetting the lies she has told and hates being caught out.

In fact I think she is a 'passive' bully (not sure if that is a term) by accusing them of being a bully
  • Options
    artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to confess i too take this really personally ,
    moreso than is sensible .

to me if your blatantly lying to me , it translates in my head as
    " hey , daftie , your stupid enough to believe this .

On the other hand, if she feels that she has to make up these stories, it shows that she's not happy with her life & tries to construct an alternative reality as a result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    artstu wrote: »
    On the other hand, if she feels that she has to make up these stories, it shows that she's not happy with her life & tries to construct an alternative reality as a result.

What?

Constructing (fabricating) one where she is far poorer, with far less material luxuries, and far less opportunities, than the lucky thing actually has, makes her happier does it?

Please. She has no qualms about hamming up her woe-is-me sob story, and I can only see one reason she does it - the pity vote. If she was embarrassed or wanted to feel better surely she'd put positive spin on it :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?

Constructing (fabricating) one where she is far poorer, with far less material luxuries, and far less opportunities, than the lucky thing actually has, makes her happier does it?

Please. She has no qualms about hamming up her woe-is-me sob story, and I can only see one reason she does it - the pity vote. If she was embarrassed or wanted to feel better surely she'd put positive spin on it :confused:

Well, there have been tomes where she's put a positive spin on things (eg the lesbian scene story the other day that Dan questioned her about, sending her into another wailing session). You could also see her 'woe is me' act as trying to paint herself as a stronger and more resiliant character than she feels she really is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, there have been tomes where she's put a positive spin on things (eg the lesbian scene story the other day that Dan questioned her about, sending her into another wailing session). You could also see her 'woe is me' act as trying to paint herself as a stronger and more resiliant character than she feels she really is.

I could see pink as yellow, but my eyes work fine :D

Sorry but either you're suggesting I blind myself to the utterly obvious, or I am not grasping what you mean :confused:

She is better off than a lot of people, let alone 20 year old students. Yet her stories and lies would have us believe she is somehow a real charity case.

You think she does this to make herself happier and feel stronger? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see pink as yellow, but my eyes work fine :D

Sorry but either you're suggesting I blind myself to the utterly obvious, or I am not grasping what you mean :confused:

She is better off than a lot of people, let alone 20 year old students. Yet her stories and lies would have us believe she is somehow a real charity case.

You think she does this to make herself happier and feel stronger? :confused:

Acting out of a sense of self loathing doesn't always have to make sense from a 'normal' point of view; she may well have developed a dysfunctional way of presenting herself that simply makes her feel better. Essentially, her BS isn't necessarily her way of saying that she feels other people are stupid to fall for her story.

(FWIW, I can't stand the woman).
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt it just that Dan keeps calling her up on her lies? First did she say she was in a stable relationship since she was 16, then she told them she and to quote her was slaging it about in pubs and clubs... Dan simply ask well how could you do that if you where in a stable relatonship ... so she is sudenly saying she was 14 and just because she had boobs she could get in and be served .... total tosh.

Now she is saying she only brought in 15 quids worth of tabs when we all know it was 50 quid. just more lies , so of course she hates the questions as they show her up as a liar. I mean they are her smokes and its her right to smoke them but then she cant be surprised that its going mark a huge target on her back right or wrong.

I dont think she is being bullied but I do think she is the target of peer presure to right by the griup and this isnt only from Dan, who in a way she is bullying but making it clear to the group that because of him she wont share her smokes as she cant trust them not to share with him ...

BB must be loving this, they dont have to shell out for ant smokes just sit back and watch the HMs craving nicotine rip into the one isnt sharing any.
  • Options
    jogurjogur Posts: 2,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what right has Dan to call her out on her lies. They harm no one. Let her have her little dreams. A little more tolerance and a lot less bullying interrogation would go down well.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jogur wrote: »
    But what right has Dan to call her out on her lies. They harm no one. Let her have her little dreams. A little more tolerance and a lot less bullying interrogation would go down well.

if you set up a society can I come live in it ::):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D You're kidding right?

Throwing the bully word around with no reason is not only foolish but highly offensive to anyone who has suffered real bullying.

The girl tells fibs and needs to learn that it makes her look ridiculous.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not being bullied - it's all in her imagination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People have every right to pull someone up on lying, and so they should. As a kid I was brought up to know that lying is wrong.
    You can't have an attitude like wolfies and get away with it constantly through being being scared she will play on her differences and use the bullying card.
    Oh so wrong, the girl needs morality lessons.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarza wrote: »
    People have every right to pull someone up on lying, and so they should. As a kid I was brought up to know that lying is wrong.
    You can't have an attitude like wolfies and get away with it constantly through being being scared she will play on her differences and use the bullying card.
    Oh so wrong, the girl needs morality lessons.
    Yes, good point.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She does a splendid wail doesn't she.:D Her carry on the other night in the DR and subsequently with Daley &Hazel had me howling with laughter.
    Wail..foookee...wail..fooking this,,wail, fooking that...Dans a bulleh, disrespectIN ma family wail...ahhhhh
    She's one giant sized joke.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Oh please, who would dare bully Wolfe? She talks to the insects remember, although she did scream and run for safety when the little spider showed up, confused you should be!
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does a splendid wail doesn't she.:D Her carry on the other night in the DR and subsequently with Daley &Hazel had me howling with laughter.
    Wail..foookee...wail..fooking this,,wail, fooking that...Dans a bulleh, disrespectIN ma family wail...ahhhhh
    She's one giant sized joke.:D
    How did he disrespect her family, by the way? Is that the one where she had to retro-fit her story into sneaking out of the house at night when she was 14? Or is it something else?