Off to Miami - Shall i buy the ITouch??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
As post suggests
shall i pick up this or does anyone else have any other suggestions as to what to buy in Miami?

R x

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robzter wrote: »
    As post suggests
    shall i pick up this or does anyone else have any other suggestions as to what to buy in Miami?

R x

Up to you but I have the same potential problem - if it breaks it's a really long way to go to take it back

Oh if you see Horatio from CSI, punch him from me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple comes with international warranty, you should be able to get it sorted by contacting Apple UK if it goes wrong :)
  • David2oo8David2oo8 Posts: 4,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy an ipod classic :p

Only 350 (dollars) which is less than i paid for my ipod video
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    If you want a real bargain a ZUNE can be had for around $150 I paid $129.95 for mine and thinks it's great.
    Michael
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy an iPod Touch not some knockoff.
  • jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a real bargain a ZUNE can be had for around $150 I paid $129.95 for mine and thinks it's great.
    Michael

Except that Zune is a re-packaged Toshiba Gigabyte from two and a half years ago - old, ancient rubbish from Microsoft.

Get a Touch, it blows the Zune out of the water.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    If you want a real bargain a ZUNE
    - very funny

the touch is great, the wifi things work really well and it's a fair bit cheaper in USA too.

There's a couple of issues with it, you can't press any buttons in your pocket, to advance to next track say like you can on the nano. And its probably not suitable for use whilst driving as you really have to look at it to change tracks, unlike the nano which you can just feel for the click wheel. Which is a shame as it looks really cool in the car, but my nano is probably safer:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I purchased an ipod touch for £150.00 for the 8gb but should have bought the 16gb what the hell it was a bargain and the apple store said that if a fault occurs I can get it sorted out in the UK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can take it into any Apple store in the UK to get it fixed if it breaks.

the iPhone/iPod Touch is the best portable media device on the market right now. Its beaten in some areas (wider codec support, storage etc), but for the overall experience its way ahead. The browser is light years better than anything else on a portable... as is media management/enjoyment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ATFBKP wrote: »
    - very funny

the touch is great, the wifi things work really well and it's a fair bit cheaper in USA too.

There's a couple of issues with it, you can't press any buttons in your pocket, to advance to next track say like you can on the nano. And its probably not suitable for use whilst driving as you really have to look at it to change tracks, unlike the nano which you can just feel for the click wheel. Which is a shame as it looks really cool in the car, but my nano is probably safer:cry:

Yeah its criminal that Apple did not ship the same earphones that came with the iPhone. They have a little button on the cable that Plays/Pauses when pressed once, and skips forward to the next track when pressed twice. It also doubles up as the microphone for hands free.

hero-iphoneheadset.jpg
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's criminal the price we have to pay in the UK for the iPod Touch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    It's criminal the price we have to pay in the UK for the iPod Touch.

No it isn't. The price Apple set is very close to the US price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't. The price Apple set is very close to the US price.

The 8mb is £50 cheaper in the shops in the U.S. than the lowest online UK price. I talked to a friend out in Boston on a business trip last night and they are going to bring one back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    The 8mb is £50 cheaper in the shops in the U.S. than the lowest online UK price. I talked to a friend out in Boston on a business trip last night and they are going to bring one back.

Its $299/£150 in the US (which doesn't include sales tax...something that gets added onto the price in the States)

Its £170 in the UK (not including sales tax)

So thats £20 more expensive in real terms, which can be put down to it being more expensive to do business here than it is in the US.

So VAT is to blame, not Apple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Its £170 in the UK (not including sales tax)

It's £199 in the UK (8gb) and £269 for the 16gb

I bought one a month ago in Florida (8gb) which, after sales tax, worked out at just under £160 so I saved £40 - not worth a trip just to buy it (!) but as I was there already it made sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwoodhouse wrote: »
    It's £199 in the UK (8gb) and £269 for the 16gb

I bought one a month ago in Florida (8gb) which, after sales tax, worked out at just under £160 so I saved £40 - not worth a trip just to buy it (!) but as I was there already it made sense.

I know how much they are as I bought one...

I was pointing out the pre-VAT price, which is £170....not much different from the US price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I was pointing out the pre-VAT price, which is £170....not much different from the US price.

Fair enough - except you still have to pay it so you may as well pay 6% rather than 17.5% (which actually works out at even less in £'s as you pay 6% in dollars)

Simple fact is if I had bought it in the UK it would have cost me £199 whereas I paid less than £160 and therefore I would recommend anyone else who maybe in the US to buy it there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an email from my friend on the U.S. business trip and they have got me an 8gb Touch for $249 plus sales tax, which should bring it in around the £150 mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwoodhouse wrote: »
    Fair enough - except you still have to pay it so you may as well pay 6% rather than 17.5% (which actually works out at even less in £'s as you pay 6% in dollars)

Simple fact is if I had bought it in the UK it would have cost me £199 whereas I paid less than £160 and therefore I would recommend anyone else who maybe in the US to buy it there.

Sure.... my point was just in reply to those who think that Apple is ripping us off.... when its the Government.

Now Microsoft and Adobe... they really take the p!ss...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in Boston on a business trip and went straight to the Apple Store as soon as I arrived to buy the 16G version for £200 :).

It's great.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    bought a psp in miami two days after it was released - went to downtown miami where all the cheap electrical stores are - think i ended up paying $100 more than the rrp - coudnt find a repitbale electrical store (like dixons etc..) - Was desperate to play wipeout pure and espech with a 9hr flight! - most of the stores in downtown seem a bit 'dodgy'

make sure you pay the rrp - espech if its marked up but seing as its been out for a while, may rrp .

had no probs with psp so sure ull be fine.

gd luck!