Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I have met and drunk with most of The Stranglers and they are all really nice people despite their image/reputation!!
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine works as a volunteer for her local conservation trust. A few years ago Kate Humble and Ellie Harrison (Countryfile) visited them with a camera crew. Ellie Harrison was extremely nice, chatted with everyone and really got stuck into the work, but Kate Humble certainly didn't live up to her name, very aloof and unfriendly, all smiles whilst the cameras were rolling, but as soon as they stopped, tools down and back to her van without so much as a word to the volunteers.

Just shows you can't always go by someone's public image.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I have met and drunk with most of The Stranglers and they are all really nice people despite their image/reputation!!

I met them all back in 1977 & they were all tossers (esp Jet Black), apart from Dave Greenfield, who was lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    William G. Stewart
    Dermot O'Leary
    Xander Armstrong
    Richard Osman
    Seb Coe
    Mary Peters
    Pat Crerand (Man Utd. legend)

All absolutely lovely...without exception

A friend of mine also speaks very highly of Roger Black and Neil Pearson
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    My uncle met Richard Todd while he was filming The Dambusters a very very long time ago. He waved him away with a cry of 'I cant work with these distractions' - every time that film comes on now its met with a chorus of that phrase!
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clareiow wrote: »
    I believe my mum met Ted Heath when she was trying to get a housing transfer to where we currently live. He was our local MP and took up her case personally with the local authorities to ensure she got the move she needed ( she was really ill and wanted to be closer to her parents).
    From what I recall mum said he was a lovely man.

Oh how little your mum knew. Just don't ask about the kids that Savile used to round up for Heath's weekends away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    loveloveX wrote: »
    has anyone ever met any of the royals?

I've met Prince Charles I was only seven at the time so don't really remember what he was like.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    A few years back I was in a music video with The Coral , a Merseyside group who were very successful at the time. We had a great day, totally mad and they were gorgeous young men. When my exploits got back to the students in our Sixth Form , there wasa lot of knocking on my clasroom door asking if it was truly me on that video LOL:D

Two of The Coral used to bully my friend's brother at school.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiffy wrote: »
    ...and a short lived show called "Whatever Next" hosted by Noel Edmonds...
    I watched that. :o
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met McFly back in about 2004, so they must have been about 17 or 18ish? Really nice guys, very friendly. As were the boys from D-Side, another pop band from back then.

A mention for Jimmy Carr also. Didn't actually meet him, but went to see him on Saturday and he stayed behind after the gig to go out into the foyer, do signings and have some drinks. My brother says he generally does it, and he came across as a very nice guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith lemon. Came into my local and bought drinks for everyone all evening. Even did his russian dancing on the bar. Top bloke.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Keith lemon. Came into my local and bought drinks for everyone all evening. Even did his russian dancing on the bar. Top bloke.

haha I'm not a fan but sounds amusing. I met Max from Brookside and Gary Glitter, both very nice (Max commented on me being quite drunk:eek: but I was:o).
    My friend once saw Ross Kemp in the street (a while after he'd left Eastenders) said 'Alright Grant'
    he gave a laugh and said 'not anymore mate':D:D
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Baker at a country show, what a tool and will forever be known as the guy who is the C*** in the country.

Helen Skelton, for those who have not heard of her then you are very fortunate, dim blue Peter presenter once upon a time, not very articulate away from cameras and is very dense and ignorant. She farts like a horse that has had something crawl up its ass and die.

Cilla Black, eaten in the same restaurant as her, vile nasty disgusting woman, the way she treated the waitress was not acceptable, if I was her and had that attitude then I'd never ever eat out again.

Joan Collins, very nice made sure we were treated to a free meal after we graciously gave away our table for her and her guest, and ensured a note expressing her thanks was sent round to the hotel.

Cherrie Blair, vile excuse for a woman, saw her spit on the back of a young girls head at a charity function back in 2008, again if I was her I'd never eat/have drink out ever again.

Sir Roger Moore, don't give respect to those that have titles normally but for this gent I do, saw his one man show, witty, charming and attentive to all.
  • SmiffySmiffy Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I watched that. :o

So you are the one!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(It was crap (with a capital C))
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    culttvfan wrote: »
    A friend of mine works as a volunteer for her local conservation trust. A few years ago Kate Humble and Ellie Harrison (Countryfile) visited them with a camera crew. Ellie Harrison was extremely nice, chatted with everyone and really got stuck into the work, but Kate Humble certainly didn't live up to her name, very aloof and unfriendly, all smiles whilst the cameras were rolling, but as soon as they stopped, tools down and back to her van without so much as a word to the volunteers.

Just shows you can't always go by someone's public image.

Complete opposite..we met kate Humble at Longleat whilst visiting..she couldnt have been nicer and no cameras rolling..she must have spent nearly 10 minutes with our children answering their questions..my eldest knew about every animal at longleat due to the TV series and she seemd genuinely interested whilst talking to them..she was lovely..I was just gutted I didnt see Ben Fogle..lol
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Baker at a country show, what a tool and will forever be known as the guy who is the C*** in the country.

Helen Skelton, for those who have not heard of her then you are very fortunate, dim blue Peter presenter once upon a time, not very articulate away from cameras and is very dense and ignorant. She farts like a horse that has had something crawl up its ass and die.

Cilla Black, eaten in the same restaurant as her, vile nasty disgusting woman, the way she treated the waitress was not acceptable, if I was her and had that attitude then I'd never ever eat out again.

Joan Collins, very nice made sure we were treated to a free meal after we graciously gave away our table for her and her guest, and ensured a note expressing her thanks was sent round to the hotel.

Cherrie Blair, vile excuse for a woman, saw her spit on the back of a young girls head at a charity function back in 2008, again if I was her I'd never eat/have drink out ever again.

Sir Roger Moore, don't give respect to those that have titles normally but for this gent I do, saw his one man show, witty, charming and attentive to all.

To be fair, Helen Skelton does get a point in my book for the charity challenges shes done(Chille in a canoe ISTR).

Mind you, everytime I see her & Bleakley on the box , I always shout 'Its the WAG!' LOL
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    haha I'm not a fan but sounds amusing. I met Max from Brookside and Gary Glitter, both very nice (Max commented on me being quite drunk:eek: but I was:o).
    My friend once saw Ross Kemp in the street (a while after he'd left Eastenders) said 'Alright Grant'
    he gave a laugh and said 'not anymore mate':D:D

A friend of mine rented a property to Gary Glitter in the 1980s, long before he damaged his reputation irreparably. Although much older, she got on very well with him, fiinding him to be a considerate tenant.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Baker at a country show, what a tool and will forever be known as the guy who is the C*** in the country..

Did Matt Baker do anything specific to get this title?

I think he's cute :o Tell us more!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Deliberately!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Did Matt Baker do anything specific to get this title?

I think he's cute :o Tell us more!

Fair play if he is your cup of tea, my first and thankfully only meeting with him it was instant dislike.

We can't all like the same things people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deliberately!?

Yes in my opinion, what angered me more was the fact the charity gig was to award kids/teens who have overcome personal medical issues, the girl she spat on has learning difficulties, it may have been an accident on Blairs wife's part and its my word against hers if truth be told.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread, I just laughed out loud at Cilla Black trying to put "celebrities who say "don't you know who I am" " into Room 101
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've got to say Cilla has some front, she must know the rumours about her, particularly from air-port crews.

Obviously she threw in that she was BIGGER than this other star:D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play if he is your cup of tea, my first and thankfully only meeting with him it was instant dislike.

We can't all like the same things people.

I only think he's nice to look at ;)

I think people have said on here before he's pretty foul in real life
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I've met a lot of actors and Johnny Depp has to be the nicest celebrity I've encountered personally. He's not like a celebrity at all and although my time with him was very brief, he still managed to make it feel like a personal and intimate experience. He's a gem of a human being - one of the few celebrities who live up to the hype when it comes to everything said about how genuine they are.

I've also had positive experiences with Christian Bale, Kate Winslet, Keira Knightley, David Tennant, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Zachary Qunito.

Thankfully I haven't met anyone who was horrible. At worst, when I met Kylie Minogue she came across as disinterested but it was very shortly after she'd recovered from her cancer so she gets a pass, and I feel a bit crass to even mention it. It was still great to meet someone who was a childhood hero.