Littlebigplanet 3

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone getting this ?

Its a definite family one for us. It looks back to the first lbp which for me was more fun, although maybe I've just not seen enough.
Im Slightly concerned that swoop might make things a bit easy and lvl designs will need to try to block that character at times I feel. Also to get the fun of the new characters I think we'll need to play online or buy 4 controllers [gulp]

http://youtu.be/7u-a1l7oz60

I do hope on ps4 it makes some extra use of ps4 features, even if just sound through controller, as game is on both 3 and 4 so not going to be a truly next gen title developed solely for 4.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im only really starting to dig into this now. 16 layers !! Holy moly. Lbp 1 and 2 had 3 layers.

Read after first post that author can limit what characters are in lvls so that's good. Also you can complete the game with 1 player so no real extra controller fear.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swoop is over powered :D flying failed team mates over obstacles lol.

A family of 4 could have proper fun evenings in with this game, looks ace!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yip swoop needing wings clipped. It was always part of the challenge in lbp trying to work out how to get to a prize bauble. Simply flying up would spoil it.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'll be getting this along with Far Cry 4 at Christmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just looking at that actually and since it's nov release it might need to be my xmas pressie too.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for me, wasnt a big fan of the previous two plus I imagine it'll be free in a years Or two time through plus so I'll wait.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the first LBP was brilliant, although I struggled to find the same love for the second.

As a result, I'm cautious for this one, especially with it being from a new developer, but with my kids really getting into gaming now this could be an essential purchase if the local multiplayer lives up to its potential.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love LBP so it's a day1 download for me! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah first for me was amazing and I went on to platinum. I lost love for 2nd and didn't even complete story mode. I could do with some lbp in my life now though so bring it on.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never finished LBP 2 :(

My fat PS3 suffered the YLOD partway through.

By the time I'd got a PS3 Slim in its place, I couldn't be bothered to go back to LBP 2.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. Didn't really like the first one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been searching the hub and turns out they put it to one side to concentrate on lbp3.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Just been searching the hub and turns out they put it to one side to concentrate on lbp3.

I heard they scrapped the hub / made it into lbp3.

I don't think I'll be getting this. I had the first and it was fine. I got the second on ps+ but never played it. My nieces and nephews have more fun on this than I do so I won't be splashing out.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely getting this.

Similar to many here, I loved lbp1 but only liked lbp2. The vita game was really strong though. I was really pleased about the ps4 game. Hopefully they use the ps app to help with creation mode etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the blog, on October they are releasing a free to play little mini game called run sackboy run. It's a side scroll survival platform over 3 worlds, where you have to keep moving or be caught. It's on vita, android and apple. You can earn costumes in it which become available in lbp3.
    Is Just a sort of warm up to get you in the mood for lbp3.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone buying this? Reviews are coming out today - so far it has 79 on metacratic.

Was really hoping it would be better than that - just to shut up the xbox fans after they have had some great exclusives (horizon and sunset overdrive) and we had the dismal launch that was Driveclub :(

2014 - the year of bug ridden and delayed games??
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Anyone buying this? Reviews are coming out today - so far it has 79 on metacratic.

Was really hoping it would be better than that - just to shut up the xbox fans after they have had some great exclusives (horizon and sunset overdrive) and we had the dismal launch that was Driveclub :(

2014 - the year of bug ridden and delayed games??

it still looks a decent game...fans will go for it:)
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it still looks a decent game...fans will go for it:)

I'm sure (and whilst not being a fan - having never played them before - I'm going to buy it to play with my daughter) but I wanted it to be rated higher just so we had something to be proud of too !
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    I'm sure (and whilst not being a fan - having never played them before - I'm going to buy it to play with my daughter) but I wanted it to be rated higher just so we had something to be proud of too !

kids will love it..they dont notice bugs or anything like that

it will sell loads..still a bit pricey on Amazon though..that should change and go sub £40 on or just after release
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pre ordered yesterday. I loved 1 & 2, especially the level designer. I can't say I'm good at designing levels for people to play but I did make some (limited) progress designing a Universal Turing Machine. Hopefully the level designer in 3 will add more functionality for this.

The only problem is how will I find the time to fit it in between GTA V, Watchdogs, Arkham Asylum and a life!
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    If you liked LBP 1&2 then pretty good chance you'd like LBP3, I enjoy LBP at 33 years of age so can appeal to more than just children or the fact I'm just a little big kid (see what I did there)

Everyone bangs on about Xbox one has better exclusives, surely that's down to personal taste, LBP and Infamous appeal to me far more than say Titanfall & Sunset Overdrive which is awful by the way, played it once, apart from looking colourful its very dull and boring and frankly a complete pile of c-rap, I don't understand the good reviews for that game at all, Microsoft paying for the hype. I own both PS4 & Xbone so this is no fanboy thing going on here, just my opinion.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    I pre ordered yesterday. I loved 1 & 2, especially the level designer. I can't say I'm good at designing levels for people to play but I did make some (limited) progress designing a Universal Turing Machine. Hopefully the level designer in 3 will add more functionality for this.

The only problem is how will I find the time to fit it in between GTA V, Watchdogs, Arkham Asylum and a life!

Arkham Asylum doesn't take that long to complete. You should be able to scratch that off the list in no time.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Arkham Asylum doesn't take that long to complete. You should be able to scratch that off the list in no time.

Oh - I forgot Drive Club ;):D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 9 from EDGE.

Theirs are the only reviews that matter IMHO.