Options

DS Strictly Twists & Sequins Real Time - Series 3 - Show 4

essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
Forum Member
✭✭✭
13 couples still remain after last round we lost Jess (I've Got Class) & Brendan :( who will fall at the next hurdle?

Today the couples will take on either the Samba or Tango with an added prop to their routine ;) They were asked to explain how the prop would be suitable for their dance or briefly explain why they hadn't decided to use a prop if they didnt think it was suitable

The judges, Amy, Izzie, Luke and Malik will decide if its good enough to deserve a place in show 5 ;)

Below is a reminder of the upcoming shows :)

Series Schedule

Friday 11th January - Launch Show
Tuesday 15th January - Show 1 (No Elimination)
Friday 18th January - Show 2
Tuesday 22nd January - Show 3
Friday 25th January - Show 4
Tuesday 29th January - Show 5
Friday 1st February - Show 6
Tuesday 5th February - Show 7
Friday 8th February - Show 8
Tuesday 12th February - Show 9
Friday 15th February - Show 10
Tuesday 19th February - Semi Final
Friday 22nd February - GRAND FINAL

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opening todays show with the first Tango of the night to 'When Doves Cry' from Prince..............

Its Toni (MuSiKe) & Robin Windsor :) .................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI8IDERh9q4

Prop: No prop
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 3
    Izzie: 2
    Luke: 1
    Malik: 1

Izzie: You didn’t do what was required of you in this dance and for that you have to accept the score

Thats a total of just 7 ...........

Showing us the first Samba now to 'Dov'e L'amore' by Cher..............

Give a warm welcome to Ross (rosco2010) & Ola Jordan ..................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYSxgQs1Ho

Prop: Feathered fan. - This one: http://www.lands-faraway.com/fans/F-302.jpg It's implied the dance is taking place outside on a very hot day, the lady is cooling herself off with the fan before the dance starts. As the male dancer approaches her, he takes the fan off her and tosses it aside. They dance. As the dance comes to an end, he picks up the fan, gives it to her and walks off. Flustered, she continues to cool herself off with the fan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 8
    Izzie: 6
    Luke: 5
    Malik: 6

Malik: I like the song choice for a Samba. The use of the fan is fair enough though a sentence on why the woman joins the dance would have been appreciated -- wasn't she trying to cool down? I think it works but needs a little finesse, but well done on giving it a go as many didn't (not to sound too much like Len or Alesha!)

Thats a total of 25 for them both ;)

Next to attempt their Tango to 'La Melodia De Nuestro Adios'..........

Please welcome onto the floor, Jas' (king yrcanos) & Flavia Cacace :) ..............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBW7OQijyo

Prop: I don't think that I need a prop because the Tango is a serious dance and I think that the dance would benefit without a prop in my opinion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 6
    Izzie: 5
    Luke: 4
    Malik: 5

Luke: I'm not sure on this - other couples seemed to fit a prop in, yet you decided not to. Still, I liked your selection of song.

That gives them 20

Also hoping to impress with their Samba to Michael Jacksons 'Sont Stop Till You Get Enough' ..............

Its Jamie (DingDong08) & Iveta Lukosiute :) ..............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

Prop: My props this week are a pair of maracas, which are used to show the party atmosphere of the Samba. The male is stood alone, when he sees the female dancing with the maracas. He joins her and they begin to dance. After the first part of the song, the male puts them down and the dance continues. At the end, the man picks them up and starts dancing with them, but the woman snatches them and pushes him away, leaving him confused and ending the routine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 8
    Luke: 7
    Malik: 7

Luke: I enjoyed this. You put effort into the description and you told us how you would use the prop. Good song, too.

That gives them their highest score so far with 28 ;)

Next onto the floor with their Tango to 'Hung Up' by Madonna...............

Its Callum (doctorwhofancal) & Erin Boag..................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwb9jOVRtU

Prop: A chair with wheels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 3
    Izzie: 4
    Luke: 3
    Malik: 3

Malik: The song choice is unoriginal (though somewhat suitable) and the prop is unexplained. Please try harder.

That gives them a total of 13

Next up with their Samba to 'Tum Tum' from Los Locos............

Welcome onto the floor, Mitchell (pothuthic) & Kristina Rihanoff ................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxvHe-9QBM

Prop: A colourful Maraca
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 4
    Malik: 3

Luke: just the one maraca? The song had a nice carnival vibe, but I can't judge much from a maraca!

That gives them 17

Hoping to impress with their Tango to 'Paint It Black' from The Rolling Stones..........

Give a warm welcome for Eliza (puppylove7) & Artem Chigvintsev :) .............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Egt1Hq4wpE

Prop: Paintbrush - The male has the paintbrush and is painting a red door black at the beginning. Whenever the line comes up about wanting the red door painted black, he will try and paint it. At the end, he finishes by the door and finishes painting it. During the tango, he leaves the paintbrush by the door
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 9
    Luke: 5
    Malik: 5

Izzie: Err, well you certainly went all out on the literal choreography with this one.

Well Amy clearly appreciated that a lot more than the other judges ;)

That puts them on a total of 24

Our next Samba is to 'Im Into You' by Jennifer Lopez............

Its Jess (LittleMissJ) & Pasha Kovalev ;) ..............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLcQmlN2Xg

Prop: Tropical beach hut (that will look all romantic with some pink flowers around the outside and those sticks on either side with like flames on them) that I can emerge from at the beginning and during the dance it’s like a seduction until at the end I tempt my partner into the hut at the end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke: 6

Amy: I wasn't sure about the song but it worked really well for me. Your use of the prop was great and was incorporated well within the routine

Thats a total of 26

Taking on their Tango now to 'Tango In The Park' from Viva Disalvo..............

Its Connor (ElectricBoy171) & Katya Virshilas ................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1uXGbkQr8

Prop: The prop I will be using is a rose and bed. The reason for me using the bed is that the female will start laying on the bed. The premise is that she has fallen for the guy and is dreaming about a romantic evening with him and the passion is constantly building and she is imagining herself tangoing with him around her world which is a simple bedroom. The rose is to signify the passion of love and he hands it to her near the middle of the dance. However, the rose dissapears when she wakes up at the end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy: 7
    Izzie: 7
    Luke: 7

Amy: thought the song was great and you used the prop well, but it was missing a bit of a "wow factor" for me

Thats their highest so far of 28 which points them joint top tonight so far

Next to dance their Samba to 'Its Not Unusual' by Tom Jones...............

Please give it up for Liam (Liam1999) & Natalie Lowe ;) ..............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6azSHCHwPc

Prop: I'm going to use a cane to do the Samba with to do some of the moves and we will be wearing outfits similar to what Victoria and Brendan wore in their Samba last series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzie: 4
    Malik: 4

Izzie: ‘I was disappointed with the seeming lack of effort that went into this routine and I don’t think a cane suits the style and feel of a Samba.’

So that leaves them with a total of 18

Hoping they can show some wow factor with their Tango to Abbas 'Money Money Money' ................

Please welcome onto the floor, Danny (Damahepa) & Aliona Vilani :) ..............

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Premise: The lady is a thief, who is attempting to pickpocket the man's wallet, the detection of which causes a stand off, before they engage in a Tango

Prop 1: Chair, which the man will be sat on, as the lady tries to steal the wallet from his top jacket pocket from behind. It will be positioned centre, towards the back of the floor, so the action will move forward or to the side of said chair when the dance commences properly.

Prop 2: The Wallet. The removal of which from the man's pocket causes him to respond by grabbing the lady's by the arm. She throws off his grasp in an attempt to get him to unhand her. As she does this, the wallet will be thrown from her hand to the back of the stage, out of the way so it does not obstruct the following dance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzie: 7
    Luke: 8

Malik: Good song pick, not the sharpest sound but makes for a nice pop tango. I appreciate the creativity put into the prop and how it fits the song but it seems a little unrealistic in that surely the man would dash to fetch his wallet before Tango-ing with his thrifty thief? But good job overall.

That gives them a total of 30 and puts them top of the leader board so far ;)

Hoping they can match that score with the last Samba of the show now to 'When I Get You Alone' by Robin Thicke............

Give a warm welcome to Val (dondfan998) & Ian Waite..................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7K7orMOHqY

Prop: Desk + Chalkboard

Use of Prop: The stage (or in this case, classroom) is filled with about 10 extras, who all leave the classroom at the beginning of the dance when a bell rings just before the beginning of the song. I am playing the teacher of the class and am sitting at my desk, in front of the chalkboard. There is one student still in the class - played by my partner, who has now 'got me alone', and begins to make his way around my desk, before drawing a heart on the chalkboard. He pulls me up from my chair and we dance some traditional Samba, followed by a closing botafogo as I jokingly push him away from me at the end, and a bell rings again at the end of the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzie: 8

Izzie: On paper this shouldn’t work, but it really does. I loved the cheeky feel of it.

And that also gives them 30 and puts them joint top of the leaderboard so far ;)

Closing the show now with the final Tango to 'She Drives Me Crazy' by Fine Young Cannibals................

Its Katie (xKatieLx) & Vincent Simone :) ..................

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCJJkFgt_w

Prop: The routine is set in a bar and involves a couple having an argument and fighting. The props include a bar, bar stool and barman. The female is talking to the barman when her dance partner (playing her husband) walks in and feels jealous. The tango involves them fighting and one part is dancing traditional tango on the bar. Some dancing will also use the bar stool including the female throwing the male into it and also dancing around it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amy: I liked the contemporary feel of the dance and your use of props was great, however the song itself was too slow for me and it made the steps look stompy.

That gives them 23 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they've all danced, now lets take a look at how they stand on the leader board ;) .................

LEADER BOARD

1=Danny (Damahepa) & Aliona - 30
    1=Val (dondfan998) & Ian - 30
    3=Jamie (DingDong08) & Iveta - 28
    3=Connor (ElectricBoy171) & Katya - 28
    5. Jess (LittleMissJ) & Pasha - 26
    6. Ross (rosco2010) & Ola - 25
    7. Eliza (puppylove7) & Artem - 24
    8. Katie (xKatieLx) & Vincent - 23
    9. Jas' (king yrcanos) & Flavia - 20
    10. Liam (Liam1999) & Natalie - 18
    11. Mitchell (pothuthic) & Kristina - 17
    12. Callum (doctorwhofancal) & Erin - 13
    13. Toni (MuSiKe) & Robin - 7

So there they are but who impressed YOU?

LINES ARE NOW OPEN. Please PM me a list of the couples ranked 13 to 1 (13 being best, 1 being worst) ANYONE CAN VOTE

Lines will close at 20:00 hours

Tonights twist will be delivered during the results show ;)

Good luck all :)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Prejudice to my colourful maracas :(
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beggers can't be choosers Malik! My song choice was very much dictated by the need to include a prop I must say XD ah well :) Thanks judges you beautiful beautiful people :D. Good luck everyone! x
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. There is one heck of a disparity in the leaderboard today!

Well done to Danny and Val for topping it. :)
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23's not bad. I'll take it. Think I might have to stop taking risky / modern song choices though and opt for something more traditional as every week the judge's have commented on all my song choices and their lack of suitability in one way or another. Big mix of scores too this week.
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrilled with that score! Thought it may not have worked but happy it did :D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Thrilled with that score! Thought it may not have worked but happy it did :D

I gave you a six because I wanted you to incorporate the prop a little more, although a six from me is a fairly good achievement. :p

A very varied leaderboard today, though...
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave you a six because I wanted you to incorporate the prop a little more, although a six from me is a fairly good achievement. :p

A very varied leaderboard today, though...

In which case I'm thrilled with an 8 XD Thanks judges one and all you beautiful beautiful people! I'm chuffed :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 2 hours until lines close ;)
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best score so far. :)

Thanks judges. :)
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Voted! Absolutely thrilled with tonight's score, never expected to do so well! :D Good luck, everyone! :)