21 more "pirate" sites blocked

TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24726078

And guess what? All of them are still accessible by using the pirate browser, TOR, or any of a plethora of proxy or VPN services.

Talk about a pointless endevour that will ultimately achieve nothing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The internet belongs to the people, no amount of government Nazis will ever stop it.
    They will fail at every single measure they put in place, the people are far to clever for them and they f'king hate it.

Viva Freedom - long live the revolution.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo, 1337x is on the list!!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The internet belongs to the people, no amount of government Nazis will ever stop it.
    They will fail at every single measure they put in place, the people are far to clever for them and they f'king hate it.

Viva Freedom - long live the revolution.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when government fears the people, there is liberty."

With all the censorship and surveillance going on we are fast moving from the latter to the former.

Cameron's war on the Internet and journalism will be disaterous for the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooooo, 1337x is on the list!!

http://piratebrowser.com/

You are welcome :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said in another thread, it's just the industry 'flexing their muscles'. They're counting on the fact that a lot of 'downloaders' out there won't have a clue how to get round the block that's been put on the sites in question. The industry's feeling more threatened now because of the high upload speeds of these fibre connections. We're not talking about 0.5-1Mbit upload speeds per torrent, but a big 10Mbits+ upload speed per every torrent that's been downloaded on a fibre connection. This is providing the uploader then seeds what they've downloaded, which is what I do.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in the music forum, hardcore downloaders won't be remotely affected by this.

Meanwhile the powers that be continue to prove they will never learn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't use pirate sites any more as I don't watch films or TV and spotify + Google music cured my desire for more and more tunes.
    My PS3 and PS plus gives me plenty of free games.

I do however LOVE the fact that groups such as Anonymous exist as it gets right up the nose of 'the man'.
    I love that people like Edward Snowden exist as he gets up the nose of 'the man'

and we should all of us always be against 'the man'

:D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Your taxes at work, building a better Britain.
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron's war on the Internet and journalism will be disaterous for the UK.

Are these bans not being executed by court order under legislation that was passed under the previous government?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Are these bans not being executed by court order under legislation that was passed under the previous government?

Of course, the last government started it but they are gone. Cameron is now in power and has carried on where Labour left off (on a lot of issues, not just this).

The colour of the party is irrelevant. They all want to censor anything that they believe we should not have access to this whether it is 'piracy' sites or fair and impartial journalism.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://piratebrowser.com/

You are welcome :D

thanks for that
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Of course, the last government started it but they are gone. Cameron is now in power and has carried on where Labour left off (on a lot of issues, not just this).

The colour of the party is irrelevant. They all want to censor anything that they believe we should not have access to this whether it is 'piracy' sites or fair and impartial journalism.

Cameron must be a bit miffed that he didn't get the 3 month "fact-finding" visit to the USA, for himself and his family, paid for by Disney and Sony, which Mandelson got and which caused him to come back to the UK filled with a burning desire to become an "internet czar".

It's so unfair! :cry:
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like it or not, we are entering the end days of internet piracy.
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The entertainment industry are idiots. How can they not see its pointless exercise to close down domain names. I hope they have the terminology right in the court order, otherwise a blanket ban on the address will result in a few more high-profile organisations being blocked as well, such as BBC Radio Times site.

IsoHunt is simply restarting under a .ee domain and this time registered and hosted in Australia. myp2p is another one continuing to run under a different domain extention.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    The funny thing about the BBC article, its now made people aware of some decent torrent sites. :D

The measures are put in place to stop the casual downloader. So in that sense the MPAA and it corresponding mucic body are winning. I think all involved know it wont stop the determined downloader.
  • warmleatherettewarmleatherette Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »

If you mean having to google the site of your choice with the keyword proxy after it, then yes I fear you might be right.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    All I can say is thanks to the piratebrowser that somebody posted up above...........epic fail really ;)
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

Same old story can you prove this, because most these sites people will still be able to use, just like pirate bay is still up and running and being used by uk people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you seriously think that?
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    All I can say is thanks to the piratebrowser that somebody posted up above...........epic fail really ;)

This will just make them block more sites like piratebrowser.

At least they're fighting back and trying to stop people denying artists of some hard earned cash.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Kirkfnw wrote: »

At least they're fighting back and trying to stop people denying artists of some hard earned cash.

Ah but if you use piratebrowser how can they block direct access? I would assume if you used piratebrowser and just typed it in it would find the piratebrowser home page. OK I don't deny that they won't end up eventually possibly blocking normal access via normal firefox/ie eventually
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »

Fighting back just drives it deeper underground. What they SHOULD be doing is making more and more content avaliable at affordable prices on services like Netflix and iTunes. People WILL pay FAIR prices for rare content they'd like to own, but none of the idiots in charge seem to get that.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member

Thanks for this. Biggest laugh i've had all day.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member

Based on what? Anyone with half a brain can get past these bans, I don't even need a proxy to get on the Pirate Bay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    TheTruth1983 wrote:

Talk about a pointless endevour that will ultimately achieve nothing.

In a nutshell!