Farage says breast feeding mums should sit in a corner...

Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2861994/Put-baby-corner-Farage-tells-mothers-not-openly-ostentatious-breastfeeding-babies.html

Thoughts?

Why should breastfeeding mums have to sit in a corner of a room just to then feed their baby? it's one of the most natural and amazing things in the world - why are we then 'shaming' the woman by making them sit in a corner?

Hate the comments on the DM site - some pathetic people on there.

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If babies should not be (breast)fed in public, shouldn't no one be fed in public?
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS may implode over this story. For a lot of people, their two most hated things are Nigel Farage and breastfeeding mothers. How will they know which way to play this?!?!?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts?

Yes, yes, this indeed is the one and only Man everyone seems to want to put in power to 'save us all'.

The Great Fright Hope, no less.

I'd think very carefully about it first.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the big fuss in breastfeeding if the kid needs it in public. I wouldn't be making people sit in corners or wearing napkins to cover them.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Yes, yes, this indeed is the one and only Man everyone seems to want to put in power to 'save us all'.

The Great Fright Hope, no less.

I'd think very carefully about it first.

At least he is honest about it.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Sounds fair enough.

Should be about feeding the baby, not showing off tits.

There are a lot of natural things we are discrete about.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Typical pandering to the breeding classes. I expect better from the man. Surely the mother should remain at home in the kitchen?:rolleyes:
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, he never said they "should" sit in a corner, did he?
  • MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babies breast feeding make noises only appealing to the mum or immediate family. I do think it should be kept private and I am a mum of 3.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only tit I'm embarrassed by is him.

He should get his vile stained teeth sorted too. What a clown.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the words of the late great Patrick Swayze...........nobody puts baby in the corner!
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The breastfeeding hate is getting so boring. It's actually making some women be more open about it in a way to prove a point to those who think it should be hidden. I have to say it's interesting because I'm now hearing opinions of friends and family members who think it should be hidden but I had no idea before they felt like that. I still feed in front of them all and don't care what they think, I don't want to flash my boobs at anyone so I most definitely do not show any boob or nipple.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If babies should not be (breast)fed in public, shouldn't no one be fed in public?

Kids /adults are possibly a bit too old to be seen sucking on tits .

Bitty !!
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babies breast feeding make noises only appealing to the mum or immediate family. I do think it should be kept private and I am a mum of 3.

I'm a dad of 3. My wife is breastfeeding at the moment. (She couldn't do it with our first two, but has had success this time).

I can genuinely and honestly say I have never heard any noises when the baby is feeding.

A baby being bottle fed is much more noisy and messy.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    Sounds fair enough.

I agree with this. Most women will be discrete but there are always women who want to make a point and ruin it for normal people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well in that case then can we prevent 99% of the general public eating then because I can't stand the noise of sloppy feeders munching and chewing beside me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Kids /adults are possibly a bit too old to be seen sucking on tits .

Bitty !!

One is never too old to suck on a pair of tits, it's enjoyable :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    Sounds fair enough.

You do know you can be discrete without sitting in a corner don't you? And I would say if you're able to see anyone's tit then they aren't feeding properly as the majority of nipple will be in the babies mouth the rest is covered by their head and if you do see something then you're paying way too much attention.

It's bizarre how many men ogle you when you have a low cut top on but god forbid you should then feed your baby and actually show less flesh and they look at you with disgust.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    You do know you can be discrete without sitting in a corner don't you? And I would say if you're able to see anyone's tit then they aren't feeding properly as the majority of nipple will be in the babies mouth the rest is covered by their head and if you do see something then you're paying way too much attention.

It's bizarre how many men ogle you when you have a low cut top on but god forbid you should then feed your baby and actually show less flesh and they look at you with disgust.

Doesn't the whole issue boil down to the way society has totally sexualised the female breast to the point of no return (see guy above you who can't even keep it in his pants regarding females breastfeeding babies) and we men are allowed to show off the top halves because well, err, there's nothing sexual about that (yet those organs are just as sexual when used, err, sexually).

The male breast is a supposed sign of strength or power, whereas females have been turned into solely sexual objects over the years, largely by straight men I might add!

I wonder what Mr Farrage's views are on men baring chests in public?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't the whole issue boil down to the way society has totally sexualised the female breast to the point of no return (see guy above you who can't even keep it in his pants regarding females breastfeeding babies) and we men are allowed to show off the top halves because well, err, there's nothing sexual about that (yet those organs are just as sexual when used, err, sexually).

The male breast is a supposed sign of strength or power, whereas females have been turned into solely sexual objects over the years, largely by straight men I might add!

You do realise I was making a joke, right? I have no problem with breastfeeding women and I have no problem stopping myself from staring at the breast, thank you very much.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Of course, he never said they "should" sit in a corner, did he?

I don't think people will take any notice of that. The thread title says that, so the outrage will continue.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

I'd guess he wouldn't care, much like he doesn't care about women breast feeding in public.

From the article :

He said: 'I am not particularly bothered about it, but I know a lot of people do feel very uncomfortable.

'Look, this is just a matter of common sense. I think that given some people very, very embarrassed by it, it isn't too difficult to breastfeed a baby in a way that's not openly ostentatious.'
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2861994/Put-baby-corner-Farage-tells-mothers-not-openly-ostentatious-breastfeeding-babies.html

Thoughts?

Why should breastfeeding mums have to sit in a corner of a room just to then feed their baby? it's one of the most natural and amazing things in the world - why are we then 'shaming' the woman by making them sit in a corner?

Hate the comments on the DM site - some pathetic people on there.

..and some real lazy dimwits ...QED ?;-)

He didnt actually say that
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I am not against breast feeding and there are mothers that do it discreetly and you would never really notice what they are doing unless you really stared. However there is a proportion who seem to think that is a good excuse to make a big display of it which does however lead to these issues and people not liking it in public which is quite sad. But some people are just like that and in your face in their every day life.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    I'd guess he wouldn't care, much like he doesn't care about women breast feeding in public.

From the article :

He said: 'I am not particularly bothered about it, but I know a lot of people do feel very uncomfortable.

'Look, this is just a matter of common sense. I think that given some people very, very embarrassed by it, it isn't too difficult to breastfeed a baby in a way that's not openly ostentatious.'

Only that idiot could came up with this pearl...