I really don't see the point in the Coker's - EastEnders...

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
I had to skip their scenes today, or I just pretty much switched off...

I just feel like they're always in the way, and I find them quite boring tbh, I don't think their scripts are that interesting, and I think Pam being revealed as a killer was scraping the barrel, and a piss poor idea!

I just see them as deadwood floating around tbh, and I really did want to like them!:(

Don't know if I'm alone in thinking this... What's everyone think of the Coker's?:p

Pam is lovely though bless her... But I just don't find her that entertaining!:(

Comments

• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like them
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them and I like the fact that they are kind of becoming an adopted family of Billy, I don't want to see Billy suffering any more doom and gloom I would rather see him take control of his life and be a responsible adult and father, I think Pam and Les could be a great support for Billy and Lola and counter balance the bullying disdain Phil shows them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved them dancing in the launderette to I wanna be like you lol
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved them dancing in the launderette to I wanna be like you lol

me too! and I love the fact that they are utterly devoted to each other, it makes a change to see at least one couple who are supportive and loyal to one another, and despite his profession they obviously have a lot of laughs together :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them

Same.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    I really like them

Me too.

I love the fact they seem to be genuinely nice people who unfortunately had to deal with a tragic situation. seeing ill relatives suffer from a terminal illness is heartbreaking, your life and theirs pretty much comes to a standstill. There have been several moments in my life when I have actually been waiting for relatives to die. You know that their end is near, you can see them in pain and yet you cannot do anything to help them. So with Les and Pam I can sympathise with what they went through. And it must be much worse for a parent, seeing your own child suffer.

I hope to see more of them and look forward to see them interact with their grandson Paul which has to be in the near future surely?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're a blank canvas the writers could do anything with as we know so little about their family and backstory. Its also very refreshing to introduce a happily married couple, not to mention the fact they're over 60 - another group massively under represented. I think Les and Pam are two of the most interesting and intriguing characters on the show. Also Pam is absolutely lovely, there are far to many aggressive, surly, miserable characters these days its nice to see someone who is so warm and friendly. What on earth is not to like about the Cokers?
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'd like to see them carry a major storyline, but I love the Cokers and their dark humor - the "professional" lunch, the corpse make up. Love seeing the Cokers.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    They're a blank canvas the writers could do anything with as we know so little about their family and backstory. Its also very refreshing to introduce a happily married couple, not to mention the fact they're over 60 - another group massively under represented. I think Les and Pam are two of the most interesting and intriguing characters on the show. Also Pam is absolutely lovely, there are far to many aggressive, surly, miserable characters these days its nice to see someone who is so warm and friendly. What on earth is not to like about the Cokers?

I agree, I love how Les pokes fun at Birdie but would do anything for her. So refreshing. And they are helping to improve Billy's character too, he works really well with the pair of them.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like them esp Pam. les and billy in scenes together at work are fine but to be honest I am sick of happy cheery pam being everyones best friend and getting all up in their business when she has known them 5 mins.

as for the dramatics this evening maybe she would be best placed in the amateur dramatic society not the choir
  • sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I had to skip their scenes today, or I just pretty much switched off...

I just feel like they're always in the way, and I find them quite boring tbh, I don't think their scripts are that interesting, and I think Pam being revealed as a killer was scraping the barrel, and a piss poor idea!

I just see them as deadwood floating around tbh, and I really did want to like them!:(

Don't know if I'm alone in thinking this... What's everyone think of the Coker's?:p

Pam is lovely though bless her... But I just don't find her that entertaining!:(

Agree with you completely.
  • Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I don't like them esp Pam. les and billy in scenes together at work are fine but to be honest I am sick of happy cheery pam being everyones best friend and getting all up in their business when she has known them 5 mins.

as for the dramatics this evening maybe she would be best placed in the amateur dramatic society not the choir

Agree. There's something about them both that is off-putting to me. Pam gets too close for comfort and Les just seems like Richard Bucket, going along with whatever Pam does. I still think Pam is a wolf in sheep's clothing and we'll see her evil side at some point.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no consistency there one moment there in the depths about there dead child .. Nex ther dancing around the laundreete
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    me too! and I love the fact that they are utterly devoted to each other, it makes a change to see at least one couple who are supportive and loyal to one another, and despite his profession they obviously have a lot of laughs together :D

I agree. They're so cute.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    There's no consistency there one moment there in the depths about there dead child .. Nex ther dancing around the laundreete

That was just shameful writing IMO... It was like they were just thinking of any excuse to give them screen time and a storyline, so they made Pam a killer... She was practically distraught the one minute, now it's all forgotten about, and she was dancing happily I'm the launderette a few days later, that can happen yes, but I just thought it was written really bad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was just shameful writing IMO... It was like they were just thinking of any excuse to give them screen time and a storyline, so they made Pam a killer... She was practically distraught the one minute, now it's all forgotten about, and she was dancing happily I'm the launderette a few days later, that can happen yes, but I just thought it was written really bad!

How could you not love that random dance scene though?? Lol. It was so funny
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could you not love that random dance scene though?? Lol. It was so funny

It was weird, but great lol!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was weird, but great lol!

It was a bit of nothing storyline wise but it was fun!
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like them very much
  • Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them , they need some oldes in show , with Stan leaving , I don't think Cora will stay much long ,
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    I like them and I like the fact that they are kind of becoming an adopted family of Billy, I don't want to see Billy suffering any more doom and gloom I would rather see him take control of his life and be a responsible adult and father, I think Pam and Les could be a great support for Billy and Lola and counter balance the bullying disdain Phil shows them

They are very good in my opinion - the one thing DTS has got absolutely right is the introduction of so many excellent older people on the square as well as reinvigorating characters like Cora.

And the greatest of them all is Stan.

Who is simply The Man.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are very good in my opinion - the one thing DTS has got absolutely right is the introduction of so many excellent older people on the square as well as reinvigorating characters like Cora.

And the greatest of them all is Stan.

Who is simply The Man.

Stan is amazing but credit to DTC he has refreshed the older characters. The only oldie I dislike is Mo.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Les Coker, the corpse poker.
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are a brilliant addition to Eastenders
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I like that they've become a sort of extension to Billy's family....and I'm so looking forward to Les bumping into Nick.