and Fatboy Gym. Please let it end,and soon! Then the fat lad
    can quietly leave,like Stella,another character who simply did
    not work!
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Nick and Peter.

Kal isn't great but then again neither is Leanne, their suited to each other. He's better than the other two long term partners Leannes had.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that Leanne gets stuck with such dud partners as Jane Danson deserves better screen partners than the actors who play Nick and Kal.

Yeah I know. The best partner Leanne has had in my opinion was Peter. I thought they had great chemistry. Can't see them getting back together though.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Yeah I know. The best partner Leanne has had in my opinion was Peter. I thought they had great chemistry. Can't see them getting back together though.

I don't get why they got separated, they worked well together yet get split up and lumbered with partners they don't work well with. Stupid writing imo.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why they got separated, they worked well together yet get split up and lumbered with partners they don't work well with. Stupid writing imo.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jane Danson's interview in the TV times this week where she said that she always enjoyed working with Chris Gascoyne and how they were able to develop their characters together and hinted that she could see them get back together sometime as they would always have that history and that the door could always be opened on them as a couple again.
    I think it's a no brainer for the show and a sure fire way to build Corrie bridges between what happens in the future and a an affectionate and integral part of the past.
    I like Leanne and Kal though but I've feeling they're not destined to last forever. But then again, maybe they'll get more and more interesting and surprise us.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way that Kal would be interested in Leanne.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    They don't suit each other. They bore me.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true there's no chemistry between leanne and kal, but has there ever been any chemistry between leanne and anyone?

I don't think she's a particularly good actress, and any attempt at emotion merely displays her hidden shallows.

In my opinion.
  • Options
    Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I loved her in the 50th anniversary live show and in the months following on from that, I think she really showed what she could do as an actress there and her winning the best dramatic performance at the British Soap Awards was really well deserved, but she hasn't really had any amazing material to get her teeth into since then. Cant see anything good coming out of her and Kal together. Would be good to see her in a storlyline that didn't involve relationships or cheating. Surely the writers can be a bit more creative.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley79 wrote: »
    I loved her in the 50th anniversary live show and in the months following on from that, I think she really showed what she could do as an actress there and her winning the best dramatic performance at the British Soap Awards was really well deserved, but she hasn't really had any amazing material to get her teeth into since then. Cant see anything good coming out of her and Kal together. Would be good to see her in a storlyline that didn't involve relationships or cheating. Surely the writers can be a bit more creative.

Leanne is a fantastic actress, she's not afraid of silence or pregnant pauses like a lot of others and she draws out her emotions and gives a lasting impression of someone struggling with the thoughts running through her mind. She could be having much more fun and I wish they'd let her get up to more messing and carrying on as is her nature.
  • Options
    smurklesmurkle Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    I like Leanne but with Kal NO NO NO he really doesnt fit into the show imo :) he needs to go
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    It's true there's no chemistry between leanne and kal, but has there ever been any chemistry between leanne and anyone?

I don't think she's a particularly good actress, and any attempt at emotion merely displays her hidden shallows.

In my opinion.

In my opinion:
    Yes, between her and Peter Barlow / Danny Baldwin / Nick Tilsley (portrayed by a different actor).

Jane is IMO an excellent actress who has portrayed a wide variety of emotions over the years; just one example recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONyKbyg21A Coronation Street - Leanne Barlow miscarries
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Kal doesn't fit into the street at all. I hate that they have put him with Leanne, she works best when she is with a bad boy
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,963
    Forum Member
    I don't buy them at all. Even when Leanne was cuddling up to him drinking in the Rovers saying that they are now a proper couple, just doesn't ring true. And Leanne seems to be back to her smug attitude again, such a pity now another stupid feud with an ex-partner (we had all this with Peter 2 years ago).[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Leanne for moving on, but after months of being considerate of Nick's feelings, all of a sudden she is being quite arsy and nasty to him. Couldn't she have cuddled up to Kal in the Flying Horse or somewhere Nick would be less likely to see them? He still isn't well and it wouldn't have hurt Leanne to be a bit more tactful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Yep I agree,there is zero chemistry.I just cant take to Kal at all,Leanne should get back with Nick or in an ideal world go and live far far away with lovely Janice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I agree,there is zero chemistry.I just cant take to Kal at all,Leanne should get back with Nick or in an ideal world go and live far far away with lovely Janice.

Or Leanne with Peter and Simon, and Nick back to Canada with Maria.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really is no chemistry, all looks very forced.

Simon as usual is being put through the mill by Peter's actions and Leannes response seems to be to start a new relationship .... great, just what little Si needs more change and disruption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really is no chemistry, all looks very forced.

Simon as usual is being put through the mill by Peter's actions and Leannes response seems to be to start a new relationship .... great, just what little Si needs more change and disruption.

That reminds me; I think I read about the beginning of the year, after Nick had called time on their marriage, Jane Danson saying that she thought Leanne and Simon should be by themselves for a while.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »

In my opinion.

Your joking.....she is the best actress Corrie has.....IMO
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A poor actress imo
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    That reminds me; I think I read about the beginning of the year, after Nick had called time on their marriage, Jane Danson saying that she thought Leanne and Simon should be by themselves for a while.

it's a sad day when the most stable part of Simon's life is Derdree and Eccles :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Poor Simon, maybe he should run away. I would, lol. Leanne and Kal a big no no for me though. Jane can deliver but she needs good actors to work with Not that Jimmy guy, he's not so good.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTSee2 wrote: »
    Poor Simon, maybe he should run away. I would, lol. Leanne and Kal a big no no for me though. Jane can deliver but she needs good actors to work with Not that Jimmy guy, he's not so good.

Agree
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She was better with Peter before Carla got her claws into him.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Fast forward a year and so glad she let loose last night.

Leanne's best when she's brash.