WILEY wrote:
    they would actually make MORE money

How is that then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that then?

how does EVERYONE know GRAB A GRAND is a JOKE??? if NONE of us work on their?? - the 1st post on here shows he was on the line WAITING 2 air his answer - even though the presenter was still asking for people to call in and fill the lines?? - u cant expect to be that un-organised and `get lucky` to NOT be HOTTED UP - u cant bring in presenters - pay them bananas - then ask them 2 stand their `all night long` (all night) giving away 20,000 a pop!! - so if grab a grand DONT brief their presenters about its `make believe` u can win-win-win - who would present??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    get lucky tv is part of AVAGO ltd.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WILEY wrote:
    how does EVERYONE know GRAB A GRAND is a JOKE??? if NONE of us work on their?? - the 1st post on here shows he was on the line WAITING 2 air his answer - even though the presenter was still asking for people to call in and fill the lines?? - u cant expect to be that un-organised and `get lucky` to NOT be HOTTED UP - u cant bring in presenters - pay them bananas - then ask them 2 stand their `all night long` (all night) giving away 20,000 a pop!! - so if grab a grand DONT brief their presenters about its `make believe` u can win-win-win - who would present??

Huh?

The point is that if they let through people who had the right answer early on, then they wouldn't make the money from the extra calls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    axious wrote:
    Bwahahahahah - u is a sucker!!! U fell for it, hookline and sinker! :D

They must be laughing thier titties off all the way to the bank, at suckers like you, who sit there and scream at the tele, while texting at £1 per text - lol

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When will suckers like you ever learn. It's a con. A rip off, a stitch up, a carve up.

And they just sit there waiting for textaholics to text in, "ooh, me me me, I know the answer" lol

Sucker

I bet you believe those scratch cards in the Sunday papers too? :D

Havent had this much of a laugh for ages :D

I could not have put it better myself.

Sorry but if people are stupid enough to take part in these kind of things more fool them.

To embarrass oneself by addmitting on a message board to taking part in these scams is bad enough, but to then sit there and whine about being conned, you are showing yourself up big time. What the hell do you expect ???

There is a sucker born every minute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    bid up wrote:
    get lucky tv is part of AVAGO ltd.

It is, but Cellcast Interactive provide all the content for Get Lucky - hence it is made up of Grab A Grand, Psychic Live, Babestation, Freestyle Show etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crikey,

Cellcast must have a lot of cupboards with a camera and 2 torches.

The biggest room?
    Accounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh?

The point is that if they let through people who had the right answer early on, then they wouldn't make the money from the extra calls.

u dont get it - grab a grand is NOT organised enough for them to make MORE money!! they try to organise it by telling the person on the phone u must give the answer you txted in with!! - that is POOR - u cant have somebody on a line waiting - and still have the presenter asking for people 2 fill the lines as they aint selected a caller yet!! (when they have) - u cant have EVERYONE on grab a grand knowing its a scam - because presenters reactions are not natural - so they DONT come accross natural on TV!! - if a presenter leaves the program - thats 1 OUTSIDER knowing grab a grand is a JOKE -
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    i reported grab a grand to watch dog and offcom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bid up wrote:
    i reported grab a grand to watch dog and offcom

`bid up` ureself -
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grab a grand now say that even if u text in x times with different answers u can change ure answer!?? - i swear (fcuk) thats what ronald mc donald aka nikki said...!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I seem obsessed with this, but I still cannot understand how all these similar quiz formats are being allowed to continue, whilst they are so blatantly dodgy.

Someone please tell me here if I'm missing something ...

here's how I see it;
    The quiz 'producer' operates an arbitrary 'selection' process in full knowledge of the entrant's answer, before deciding if that caller/texter goes to air to give (of course) a wrong answer.
    The quiz is then shamelessly strung out as long as possible to generate phone revenue, until such a point when even the staff are losing the will to live. The 'selection' process then allows the right answer to 'win' and play for a jackpot. Note how the frequent 'time limit' periods are meaningless and usually have no relation to the actual guaranteed win and possible jackpot offered to the eventual successful caller.

I want evidence of the 'random' selection process and also proof that the jackpot 'spin/lucky bags/whatever' technique is actually random.

Anyone with a basic intelligence can see the quiz operator decides when and how the quiz is to be won.

I just can't believe that complaints/ofcom aren't investigating all these formats as a matter of urgency ... that is what amazes me ... any thoughts or extra knowledge anyone on these apparently blatant criminal operators?