TV Comic?

lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
Forum Member
Another celeb being protected. This time a poor boy has died. Why hasn't everyone learned that protecting these people never turns out right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586932/TV-comic-groomed-tragic-overdose-teenager-18-year-olds-mystery-death-star-showered-gifts-sexual-advances.html

Comments

• Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    lolacola wrote: »
    Another celeb being protected. This time a poor boy has died. Why hasn't everyone learned that protecting these people never turns out right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586932/TV-comic-groomed-tragic-overdose-teenager-18-year-olds-mystery-death-star-showered-gifts-sexual-advances.html

Maybe you should read the story behind this before jumping to conclusions . Sadly he had mental health issues and was 18 - young but still not a child. This is the Mail just being homophobic.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Maybe you should read the story behind this before jumping to conclusions . Sadly he had mental health issues and was 18 - young but still not a child. This is the Mail just being homophobic.

Which the person in question may not have known about before people start using this against him
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Threads like this and the repugnant aspersions and character assassinations that the Daily Mail likes to peddle is precisely why they need to be protected.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Protected from what?? He has not even been questioned over the boys death, so why should he be named just because he is on tv???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Aside from the drug use at the parties, nothing in the article suggests with any degree of certainty this "TV comic" actually broke the law, just acted massively inappropriately, which is presumably why the "TV comic" hasn't been named.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    Not naming people is pointless these days - his name is easily available on twitter
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Analytical reading of the story would have informed you why the word 'grooming' had to be placed in inverted commas. Sadly, angry kneejerkers seldom burden themselves with the facts.
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    Not naming people is pointless these days - his name is easily available on twitter

Assuming that name is correct, it may not be...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    How many of these people brought to trial have actually been found guilty, yet mud sticks. Innocent until proven guilty n all that
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many of these people brought to trial have actually been found guilty, yet mud sticks. Innocent until proven guilty n all that

Or no smoke without fire. Actually found it unbelievable that one actor in particular walked free. As for the comic, why was a forty odd year old messing about with such a young, confused boy:( Oh and don't know how he has the nerve to call himself a comic, he's dire.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has that particular comic been in trouble before?

I can think of one certain one who dropped out of the limelight a few years ago in contreversal circumstances.
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Has that particular comic been in trouble before?

I can think of one certain one who dropped out of the limelight a few years ago in contreversal circumstances.

The one being named it could be argued was never in the limelight, Was just 'there' occasionally
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    The one being named it could be argued was never in the limelight, Was just 'there' occasionally

I know who I find when I search but I can only find one link seems very hush hush even on twitter anyone willing to do a cryptic clue like "mr well loved pop star"or give a phrase to put on twitter.
    Forum Member

Most people will have vaguely heard of them though.

I must admit when I heard the descriptions given the person being named wasn't my first thought. I didn't even realise the person being named as said "TV Comic" on twitter was gay, and I genuinely don't see why they would need a stylist...
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I know who I find when I search but I can only find one link seems very hush hush even on twitter anyone willing to do a cryptic clue like "mr well loved pop star"or give a phrase to put on twitter.

Because nobody wants to be done for defamation or contempt of court, which is also why Digital Spy tend to lock forums discussing controversial court cases.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see he has been outed in another thread so I know who it is now, who is the numpty on Twitter who has named it as RIcky Gervais and gone on a religious rant?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »
    Or no smoke without fire. Actually found it unbelievable that one actor in particular walked free. As for the comic, why was a forty odd year old messing about with such a young, confused boy:( Oh and don't know how he has the nerve to call himself a comic, he's dire.

It would seem like bad judgement on his part but I don't like the way it's being made to look more predatory than if it was perhaps a straight relationship.
    Forum Member

It isn't illegal and he may not have known the boy was confused, And the messages seem to imply the boy was using him as much
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The age gap is extremely wrong IMO but that doesn't mean that the comic groomed him or that the boy was abused. Sadly he obviously had mental health issues but people shouldn't necessarily jump to the worst conclusions. I have seen his name on twitter, if it is him.
    Forum Member
    The age gap is extremely wrong IMO but that doesn't mean that the comic groomed him or that the boy was abused. Sadly he obviously had mental health issues but people shouldn't necessarily jump to the worst conclusions. I have seen his name on twitter, if it is him.

Would you say the same if it was a male/female paring?
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't illegal and he may not have known the boy was confused, And the messages seem to imply the boy was using him as much

I know it's not illegal but 18 is still very, very young, especially if the boy was confused with his sexuality. The comic also supplied him with drugs. Imo the comic took advantage of a very ill boy. Shameful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you say the same if it was a male/female paring?

Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? :confused: it's not illegal but I don't understand why someone that age would be interested in someone so young.

The daily fail are clearly trying to jump to the worst conclusions because of their homophobia. If it was an older man with a younger woman, I bet they wouldn't care. But predatory older ladies or gays? Wrong.
    Forum Member
    I know it's not illegal but 18 is still very, very young, especially if the boy was confused with his sexuality. The comic also supplied him with drugs. Imo the comic took advantage of a very ill boy. Shameful!

Nobody knew he had mental health issues beforehand, the article says his mental health issues became apparent after he met the TV comic. And depending on the type of mental health issues he had, it may not have been easily recognisable.

Also, "boy" is a misleading term, he was well above the age of consent and definitely an adult.
    Forum Member
    Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? :confused: it's not illegal but I don't understand why someone that age would be interested in someone so young.

The daily fail are clearly trying to jump to the worst conclusions because of their homophobia. If it was an older man with a younger woman, I bet they wouldn't care. But predatory older ladies or gays? Wrong.

A lot of people seem to have a problem because it is gay man involved. Just checking. Nothing personal :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people seem to have a problem because it is gay man involved. Just checking. Nothing personal :)

No problem, I think it is weird no matter who is involved, but I know some idiots would only have a problem if it was a gay man.

As I said before, an odd age gap but that doesn't necessarily mean there as grooming involved. We don't know all the information.
    Forum Member
    Deleted