When will Demi Lovato's record company realise.....

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
That 1 small concert a year in the UK is simply NOT good enough? First they change the day of the pre-sale ticket release at the last minute, then the rest of the tickets sell out in minutes, with demand outstripping Brian Adams and Jack White.
If I was a big star and they did this I'd soon jump ship.

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Her record company sucks and tbh they don't really care about their artists success in the UK. I think Demi should follow in Miley's footsteps and jump ship.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to get tickets :(

She needs to play Hammersmith Apollo. They need to realise, that even though she's not huge here, she's a lot bigger than KOKO standards :/
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to get tickets :(

She needs to play Hammersmith Apollo. They need to realise, that even though she's not huge here, she's a lot bigger than KOKO standards :/

I reckon that 4 or 5 nights at the Apollo would be needed. Apparently she is also playing at GAY on the 31st of May but no idea about tickets or the sort of gig it is. It's a total mess for the 3rd year in a row. Remember the scenes last year when hundreds queued over night for wristbands to see her having been told strictly no previous day queuing, only to find out that those who had ignored the instructions and gone along the previous day had been given them. It's no way to treat young fans.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from heart attack everything else flopped from her latest album.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    Apart from heart attack everything else flopped from her latest album.

to be fair, none of it was really given a chance over here.
    radio hopped on heart attack then completely ignored everything else!

the song 'neon lights' could have been a hit here.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Demi isn't a big star though
    Her albums don't sell well and she could seem to manage one hit per album. That's likely why her label don't put enough effort in it. I doubt she is much of a money maker and they don't wanna lose more money by putting more money into her because they know they won't earn it back
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arguably, I'd say she's bigger than Selena Gomez over here yet she played two sold out Hammersmith Apollo shows last year. When I first saw an announcement was taking place about UK dates, I'd expected a few theatre/academy shows around the country at the very least. She could probably do a night in Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and Cardiff at 2,000-3,000 capacity venues and then a couple of nights in London at the Hammersmith Apollo. That would also mean she could bring some sort of a stage show over. Koko is only a club so she'll have minimal production, probably just her and her band.

The only way this could be turned into a positive is if she did a mini residency at Koko (eg 5/6 nights) allowing loads of fans to see her.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone see her 2 performances over the weekend in London? Interesting that her next announced performances in the UK are as SUPPORT to Enrique Iglesias. I hope his management company realise there will probably be more people at his concerts for HER rather than him :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollywood Records are awful at promoting their acts. They always have been.
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a good move for her kinda like when kesha was the opening act on pibtull's last tour
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    to be fair, none of it was really given a chance over here.
    radio hopped on heart attack then completely ignored everything else!

the song 'neon lights' could have been a hit here.

Made in the usa had tones of radio support on radio 1 and capital! It flopped.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Anyone see her 2 performances over the weekend in London? Interesting that her next announced performances in the UK are as SUPPORT to Enrique Iglesias. I hope his management company realise there will probably be more people at his concerts for HER rather than him :o

Are you being serious?!? Don't be so daft!
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's number 13 on uk itunes! She's cracked top 15 Ahhhh Yay!
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Made in the usa had tones of radio support on radio 1 and capital! It flopped.

Neon lights is a hit! She's top 15 on iTunes and creeping top 10!
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's silly. Demi may be bigger than a club venues in the UK but he's an established act here with several Top 10 singles and albums (including one this year) and a number of arena tours.

He may not be huge or someone that is hammered on UK radio so I think people underestimate him but I remember similar comments about Alesha Dixon when she supported him and she was riding the success of a #1 single and Strictly Win at the time but in the end it amounted to nothing. Concert tickets are too expensive for so many people to waste on someone who isn't a headliner.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd call myself a casual fan of Demi so had a look at the Enrique dates when they first went on sale. £75 a pop for the top seats! I like a few of Enrique's songs but I couldn't name you a single track he's released in the last few years (I Like It is probably the last one I could recall?). He is charging more than some of the biggest names in pop did (Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus) for their tours. It's just crazy. I can't see people buying tickets to just to see Demi at that price. I was expecting £40 top price maybe?

Half expecting the tour to be cancelled and for Demi to do a few club dates instead.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^

Concert tours aren't there to cater to people who only want to hear what's current. Any act with a chart history will attract people who want to hear the "classics".

Also I think Enrique fares fairly well in terms of current popularity. Like I said he's had a Top 10 single this year with only radio phone-in and print interviews (he did come over to do a bit of in person promo after it had charted) and his followup has had zero promo and doesn't even have a video yet but doing better than Cheryl Cole's new single on itunes (I don't expect it to stay that way but it shows there's an audience).

Obviously the Escape era aside Enrique's success has been "quieter" in the UK even when he's had bigger ones worldwide so it may seem a lot to charge but he's never struggled to fill arenas in the UK his past tours. I don't see it being a problem now.

Who knows, when he had Esmee Denters open for him she came back later and sang 'Takin' Back My Love' with him maybe he'll do something similar with Demi.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Enrique stands out as one of the best live acts i've ever seen - and i've seen many. He will have absolutely no problem selling his tickets. I just wish he would add a date in Newcastle.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got two tickets to the Glasgow Hydro show!! Front row of the second upper tier! So kinda chuffed :)

Tbh, I only got tickets for Demi lol and I'm so happy I get to see her live finally!! <3

I am looking forward to Enrique too though :) He's a dish ^_^
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    That 1 small concert a year in the UK is simply NOT good enough? First they change the day of the pre-sale ticket release at the last minute, then the rest of the tickets sell out in minutes, with demand outstripping Brian Adams and Jack White.
    If I was a big star and they did this I'd soon jump ship.
    That's the responsibility of her booking agent, not her record label, unless she's on a 360 deal.