The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh - thanks for that , KJ - not. I should have known better really. Glad to hear things are not as bad as you feared, Handy , but you still need to take care.

I quite fancy sunny Poland. It could be very relaxing and my hormones are shot because I am a lady of a certain age and I can cry today for nothing!

I am just about staying sane on the thought that this play will be over by this time next week. our music dept. are ramping up for the performance but I fear their endless repeats to get their sound right is too much for the kids. If our radio mikes don't work they will drown out the singing - and that's what the parents come for - to see their kids.

Hope you are better today me@. Love and hugs to all.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,103
    Forum Member
    yes me hope u are better

and Handy, diverticultis is shite,,,,but better than some of the alternatives
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Soz Amica, yes poor handy, but well, thought it would lighten the mood. :blush: Biffo is a funny chap.
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Morning grumpies up again at stupid o'clock clock thanks to cat grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Handy hope all good after test not nice but needs must
    Amica good luck with the play
    Bats safe journey home try and relax
    Twingle hope tablets are kicking in
    Me@ hoping your feeling better love and hugs
    Have a good day all
    Plum pop your head in and let folk know all is good
    Love hugs and vibes to all, it's FRIDAY
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    handymelon wrote: »
    Thanks, guys, I'm fine :)
    I have diverticulitis, but it could have been a whole lot worse!

Actual procedure wasn't too dreadful; taking the atomic-level laxatives to clear everything out beforehand was vile! :eek:

Anyway, so far since having it done at about half six (having been told "little and often but no bread") I have scoffed eight biscuits (in three stages), a packet of crisps and some Wensleydale for protein. Chips soon! Feeling a lot better already, got tomorrow off to recuperate.

Batty, you need a rest! Happy landings when you get home!

(((((((((((GoW)))))))))))))

Aw Handy had that done years ago and you know how ditzy I am . I had those bomb laxatives then went out to a nightclub with a friend. .drinking only water .........Mega big mistake! The same friend took me to Watford for the procedure next day but it was St Albans !! Lucky they phoned across and the grumpy bloke waited for me and was pretty horrible to me grumbling about western diets as he did the thing (He looked Chinese) !!

Anyway both parents had/have it (not much hope for me ) and can be controlled by diet and avoiding your trigger for flare ups . You need fibre to stop you getting constipated but then too much and you are in trouble but you will get it sorted . (Mega BIG HUGS)

Toe saga and some good news. I was given a swab kit but somehow the pus has dried up and luckily hadn't started the antis so think have finally turned the corner and upped the salt water baths. I just need to remember and rest it loads which is frustrating when you have 6months back log of stuff to do

Hope everyone is delighted it is Friday and the week end and you all have a nice one with no hassle or stress

Healing vibes to those who need them .sad dog, LL and Me and anyone else

Mwah
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    For anyone who missed what is probably the best post ever on DS:GD
    http://forums.tvshowsupdate.net/showpost.php?p=22445895&postcount=65

Oh I remember that thread, it was hilarious and kept me entertained for days :)
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the messages, guys! I need to see my GP but will wait till the hopickle have sent the notes back through; I'm just glad that (a) I know what it is and (b) it's not one of the several much nastier alternatives!

KJ, no offence taken - I loved Biffo's enema thread :D

Twingle - eek! :eek:
    Good news about the tootsie, though - keep resting it!!!!! Do sitting-down stuff. or shut your eyes!

Amica - shows are a ball-ache! It'll be alright on the night, etc etc... :)

Here, it's Friday, Melony is at Brownies, and I'm knackered...
    Forum Member
    evening weekend grumpy peeps
    just had thunder and downpour of biblical proportions :o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evening weekend grumpy peeps
    just had thunder and downpour of biblical proportions :o:o:o:o

Oh I miss those. Living up here you get a rumble and that's it. I now realise living with mum how scared she is of so many things. Strange when she has such a strong faith! My only fear is flying but I do it and can't have got that from her as we never flew anywhere as children. Holidays were caravans or cabins in the lake district :D

Happy Saturday one and all and I think have cracked the trust issue with the little kitten. I am stroking him and he likes under his chin tickled. Big one will take a lot longer meanwhile they are wrecking the house! Came down the other morning to find the bottom step carpet off :o Anyone know if I need carpet glue or tacks to put it back on ?

Happy Saturday all :D
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Amica wrote: »
    I quite fancy sunny Poland.

Well, if you ever fancy a batty trip, Sad and I are oft to be found buggering off to Warsaw. I can't promise a relaxing time, though. :D Right now I'm plotting to drag her off to a Polish wedding, and these can be epic and go on for days. This one should be slightly tamer as it's the second time around for them both but I fully expect that we'll need a quiet lie down for a few days afterwards anyway.

Good luck with the play. :)

And great news about that toe twingle. And the pussy cat(s). :)
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

Happy Saturday one and all and I think have cracked the trust issue with the little kitten. I am stroking him and he likes under his chin tickled. Big one will take a lot longer meanwhile they are wrecking the house! Came down the other morning to find the bottom step carpet off :o Anyone know if I need carpet glue or tacks to put it back on ?

Happy Saturday all :D

And to you too! :)

Yay for little kitty - big one might follow along now if you're lucky.

I would tack the carpet - the glue will just stick to the floor and rip the back off your carpet next time they haul it up. Cos you just know they will! :D

Stopped raining here, finally. Might venture outside... :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    Evening grumpies
    Daft question does anyone know about maxathon cloud base browser? KJ, Me@?
    The computer shop put it on and took Firefox off the computer.
    Hope all good same old same old thankfully.
    Love and hugs
    Forum Member
    Morning grumpies
    Oh the joy of an alarm clock that you can't switch off
    Forum Member
    I hate tricky alarm clocks LL. And Batman's habit of putting his on snooze then getting up and going off somewhere, leaving me to find it when it goes off again. :D

But nothing like that happened this morning. :)

We've no plans for the day, which is lovely. I found a new bike route yesterday so might go off to explore that some more. If it stays dry that is.
    Forum Member
    another soggy day her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning grumpies
    Oh the joy of an alarm clock that you can't switch off

Is that the mew type? I feed my two last thing before bed just to stop them waking me at 5am . Unlike babies it seems to work

Sorry haven't a clue re pc's you know am useless with technology. Just bought a fitness watch (need it for lungs as exercise best thing for it) and can't get the dam thing synchronised with pc or phone but have it working on wrist and surprised to discover I average about 750 steps an hour even with restricted toe and just pottering round house :D

Bats I envy you your travels. Not sure I will be back traveling now with mum not fit for me to leave but least family coming over here more.

Hope all well and having a stress free day . Amica hope the play goes/went well

Snowy, Sad, KJ , Melon and Me having a good day?

Right off to get some more steps in :o
    Forum Member
    Is that the mew type? I feed my two last thing before bed just to stop them waking me at 5am . Unlike babies it seems to work

Sorry haven't a clue re pc's you know am useless with technology. Just bought a fitness watch (need it for lungs as exercise best thing for it) and can't get the dam thing synchronised with pc or phone but have it working on wrist and surprised to discover I average about 750 steps an hour even with restricted toe and just pottering round house :D

Bats I envy you your travels. Not sure I will be back traveling now with mum not fit for me to leave but least family coming over here more.

Hope all well and having a stress free day . Amica hope the play goes/went well

Snowy, Sad, KJ , Melon and Me having a good day?

Right off to get some more steps in :o

No twingle can't blame her today its was the birds heard like a shot and then all the birds started hopefully not someone poaching but you never know.

Bats would love a trip to Poland if only the mind is willing but the body can't
    twingle keep walking you go girl you go we are all behind you go go go
    Amica good luck with the performance it will be worth all the hard work
    right better move also, morning has gone where to I have no idea:eek: have a good day all.
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    Well, if you ever fancy a batty trip, Sad and I are oft to be found buggering off to Warsaw. I can't promise a relaxing time, though. :D Right now I'm plotting to drag her off to a Polish wedding, and these can be epic and go on for days. This one should be slightly tamer as it's the second time around for them both but I fully expect that we'll need a quiet lie down for a few days afterwards anyway.

Good luck with the play. :)

And great news about that toe twingle. And the pussy cat(s). :)

Hell yeah! Tell me when...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the young friend I offended last week re tv and looking fatter has deleted me from facebook and changed her name and added back all the old crowd except me . To say I feel gutted is an understatement but I will get over it.

I haven't messaged anyone of the crowd to explain as I know I was in the wrong and not sure what she has said.

Good grief I feel like am back at school . Onwards and upwards eh

Now maybe I should insult one of here and see if you are true friends or not :):o:o
    Forum Member
    So the young friend I offended last week re tv and looking fatter has deleted me from facebook and changed her name and added back all the old crowd except me . To say I feel gutted is an understatement but I will get over it.

I haven't messaged anyone of the crowd to explain as I know I was in the wrong and not sure what she has said.

Good grief I feel like am back at school . Onwards and upwards eh

Now maybe I should insult one of here and see if you are true friends or not :):o:o

Go on then I have broad shoulders:D
    I am in the same boat but hay ho leave them too it:cool:
    No idea where the day has gone but getting old is cr@p:-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go on then I have broad shoulders:D
    I am in the same boat but hay ho leave them too it:cool:
    No idea where the day has gone but getting old is cr@p:-(

Aw Laura, I can't imagine you hurting anyone even unintentionally :D:D

But I agree getting old is crap :o:o
    Forum Member
    Aw Laura, I can't imagine you hurting anyone even unintentionally :D:D

But I agree getting old is crap :o:o

Thank you for those kind words twingle, me I call a spade a shovel shoot from the hips.
    You only comment on your friend she will need a thicker skin than that
    if she wants to get ahead in the media silly bint, it wasn't done deliberately
    let her get on with it best way no good beating yourself up over it.

No go walking go go go:D it will clear your head.
  • SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twingle - what LL said - your so called friend is a very silly cow.

Hope the toe is healing still; LL I hope you're okay too; me@ I hope you're also in less pain and HM :o I had no idea since I've not been on DS all week, you ratbag - I'm so glad it wasn't anything worse and hope it's easy enough to control now you've identified it.

Plummie - we're waiting for you to sign up to Facebook and show us pics but I guess you're probably waiting to get the internet first :D

Yup, the Bat is a Very Bad Influence. A Polish wedding sounds vaguely terrifying and fascinating in equal measure. And doing 'smart' on cabin baggage alone is going to be a challenge... :D

So on Friday I was delivering a workshop at a university study day :o and next week's highlights include a day trip to a local park/stately home with a groups of young adults who have autism... oh and a mammogram on Thursday - no rest for the wicked.

And reading back through the posts I have missed this week I'd say we are all getting to That Age :D So enjoy every day Grumpies :)
    Forum Member
    Sad good luck with your week I am sure you will get though it with vim and vigour
    Forum Member
    Amica wrote: »
    Hell yeah! Tell me when...

Next time might be around all saint's day - 1st of November. It really sounds bonkers but it's worth visiting for the cemeteries. The Poles light zillions of candles on graves and the effect is stunning. And a bit spooky. But in a nice way. :D

LL, shame we can't sign you up for batty travels. :( Mind you, if I get better at sticking stuff up on facebook you might be glad. ;-)

twingle - what the others have said. It's not like you kicked her puppy. She really needs to get over it and if she can't then she's not chosen the best career for herself.

Sad - the 'very smart' thing is slightly terrifying me too. We'll just have to style it out. :D

handy's been quiet since she ventured outside... :o

And yes, where is Plummy? I'm dying to know how the move went.