✭✭✭
An actual laugh out loud scene from Corrie

sheer brilliance on the part of the writers

well done!

Comments

• Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it's the first genuinely funny SL (well scene) in a while.

I'm guessing it's based off Blanche and the AA meeting which was a huge success but I'm not complaining considering T shirt gate was just last episode
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting it to be funnier than it was.

It wasn't a patch on the Barlows at the AA meeting.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing could surpass the episode of Blanche at the AA meeting; but the drug counselling was good last night. It showed the counsellor just what Kylie is dealing with. - drugs and a disfunctional family. David needs to decide if he wants Kylie back or not; his continual spiteful behaviour towards her could push her back on to drugs.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was well funny
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I'm really beginning to think there's something wrong with me. :cry:

I didn't think the 'Platts In Counselling' was funny at all. I just couldn't stop thinking it ridiculous that they were all there, including Michael. I would have thought that Kylie would have one to one sessions first and then maybe her immediate family would be included. Michael's pathetic "Kylie was always straight with me" Eh? She was horrible to him. Just an excuse to shoehorn him into the scene :(

Holding it in the 'Community Centre'? Really?..................

......and of course, the eternal question.............where the hell was Lily?
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, those scenes left me yawning.

Both episodes again...I couldn't wait for them to end. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hardly call it funny and entertaining but it was better than the rest of the drivel we got served last night..
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose this scene was always going to be compared to the AA meeting, which was a classic and can't be beaten IMO, but I did find it funny when Gail was mistaken for the ex-addict :D
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I didn't think the scene was very funny.

I did think Gail looked better in the clothes she found in lost property after her 'accident' in the gents than she does in her normal stuff.
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting and waiting for the scene to become great tv but it never came

Mistaking Gail as the drug addict was funny though

To be honest I think the writing team tried way too hard to make that funny
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I was laughing my head off. I love the one liners the platts get and to have most of them in one scene was a joy.

It is not often the writers get an episode right but the 7:30 one last night was.

Maybe instead of people being negative towards corrie they could just try and enjoy it for what it is

Maybe someone (just one) can explain why it wasn't funny
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a counsellor, I just saw all the faults in it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purple. wrote: »
    As a counsellor, I just saw all the faults in it :p

Yet you dont specify what they are.

Plis you should know by now they use dramatic license with these things
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    So I was laughing my head off. I love the one liners the platts get and to have most of them in one scene was a joy.

It is not often the writers get an episode right but the 7:30 one last night was.

Maybe instead of people being negative towards corrie they could just try and enjoy it for what it is

Maybe someone (just one) can explain why it wasn't funny[/QUOTE]

That's not possible, I'm afraid. It's all subjective and what one person may find hilariously funny, another person may not.
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found parts of the scene funny and found it to be the only enjoyable thing last night. Now that's its over I'm wondering why this hour session covered the span of over half an episode but I guess that's where corrie's continuity is at these days. And where is Lily? Seriously she's not been seen for ages (in the last 6 months I only remember her being in those awful Liverpool episodes) and not even been mentioned in that time either.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    I found parts of the scene funny and found it to be the only enjoyable thing last night. Now that's its over I'm wondering why this hour session covered the span of over half an episode but I guess that's where corrie's continuity is at these days. And where is Lily? Seriously she's not been seen for ages (in the last 6 months I only remember her being in those awful Liverpool episodes) and not even been mentioned in that time either.

She was seen last week.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I did find it quite funny especially the Gail bit, couldn't really see the relevance of Michael being there he didn't even say much, and Audrey seemed to have washed her hands of the situation and didn't want to be there which seemed a bit out of character
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I really didn't find it funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    The drugs counsellor assuming Gail was on drugs really made me laugh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »

Maybe someone (just one) can explain why it wasn't funny[/QUOTE]

That's not possible, I'm afraid. It's all subjective and what one person may find hilariously funny, another person may not.

I know thats why I wanted one volunteer to explain why it wasn't funny so I could see where they are coming from :D
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    An actual laugh out loud scene from Corrie

sheer brilliance on the part of the writers

well done!

It was exceptionally funny. Corrie is great at that stuff.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found it quite funny :D
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The counsellor thinking it was Gail with the problem was the only funny bit.
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazbaa1 wrote: »
    The drugs counsellor assuming Gail was on drugs really made me laugh

That was definitely the funniest part. I did get the feeling they were moving towards a bit of a replica of the Blanche at the AA meeting though, which immediately made it less funny in my mind, simply for attempting to repeat it.
  • emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    The counsellor thinking it was Gail with the problem was the only funny bit.

It was. On paper it sounded hilarious but I think the writers were trying too hard to emulate the success of the AA meeting. All I thought on seeing Gail in that awful jumper was "your house is 3 seconds from the bistro, u have to go PAST it to get to the community centre so why the bleep didn't u go home & get changed instead of raiding some manky top from the bistro's lost property box?'