I broke up a fight in Manchester last night

DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
Forum Member
✭✭
With lots of horrible situations in the news at the moment, I at least can tell of a positive situation where I broke up a fight in Manchester town centre last night.

While standing on Spring Gardens, trying to find how to get to the Halifax to put a cheque in (it was too far away so I gave up), two men dashed out of West Mosley Street, and I'll refer to them as Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 as the former brought it on himself, as it turned out.

Idiot 1 was first, and tried to turn left, heading past me, but fell over and all his stuff went everywhere. Idiot 2 stood over Idiot 1 and put his foot on his chest. It turned out that 2 was chasing after 1, because 1 had nicked 2's burger, and 2 wanted 1 to pay for it. 1 soon owned up, but 2 wanted him to pay up while still on the ground.

All this time, I'm stood by the phone exchange box, chicken and chips rested on top, looking over at these two idiots.

Me: "Take your foot off him."
Idiot 2 just stands there.
Me: "Take your foot off him!"
Idiot 2 sets his feet either side of Idiot 1: "My foot's not on him" and then proceeds to demand the money from 1.
Me: "Let him get up".

I repeated myself, and then had to point out that if he did keep him on the road, the oncoming bus would run them both over. 2 let 1 up, then they had to stop the bus from running over his phone. Then 1 gave 2 the money. 2 then left and 1 came over to me, and walked with me to the next crossing. I headed down the road with the tram track, which seems to be nameless, while 1 said thanks and headed off down Charlotte Street.

Comments

• AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done :)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Not much of a fight by the sound of it, just a drunken kerfuffle about a burger.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have filmed it and shouted "WORLDSTAR!" every so often.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollocks
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I just wasted 60 seconds of my life reading that...
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,321
    Forum Member
    Would you like a medal?
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have filmed it and shouted "WORLDSTAR!" every so often.

so funny
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    What about your chicken and chips, did you leave them or eat them cold?
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knight that man, this instant!
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what they say about including numerous unnecessary details...
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call that a fight
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Week's Instalment: "I rescued a cat from a dog in Denton"
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    call that a fight

This! :D
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Of course this only works if Idiot 3 is bigger than 1&2 or else 1&2 stop fighting each other and give Idiot 3 a good hiding.

:D
    Forum Member
    Personally I enjoyed the geographical details because I tend to get lost when in Manchester city centre.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's to say Idiot 2 wouldn't have twonked Idiot 1 with the chicken and chips if OP hadn't have had intervened? We'll never know.
    Forum Member
    On reading this a second time, I think it's the start of a beautiful romance between Idiot 1 and the OP

*sigh* I love it when this happens
  • Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If their was a pub nearby what kind of roof did it have :cool:
    Forum Member
    If their was a pub nearby what kind of roof did it have :cool:
    No flat roof pubs in Manc city centre, MR, you need to head out to the suburbs for that sort of malarkey.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    On reading this a second time, I think it's the start of a beautiful romance between Idiot 1 and the OP

*sigh* I love it when this happens

But who is going to play Idiot 1 in the movie version?

Forum Member
    But who is going to play Idiot 1 in the movie version?

Possibly Daniel Radcliffe? Seeking a role that defines him.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Well done :)

Thankyou.
    Not much of a fight by the sound of it, just a drunken kerfuffle about a burger.

Standing on top of the other one, not letting him get up? That should be encouraged, then?
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Bollocks

Let me know when you grow some.
    Of course this only works if Idiot 3 is bigger than 1&2 or else 1&2 stop fighting each other and give Idiot 3 a good hiding.

Violence is not the answer. One should always try and help their fellow man. All the piss-takers in this thread are clearly cowards who would've run away.
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Thankyou.

Standing on top of the other one, not letting him get up? That should be encouraged, then?

Let me know when you grow some.

Violence is not the answer. One should always try and help their fellow man. All the piss-takers in this thread are clearly cowards who would've run away.
    You did well, mate, although I'm taking the piss in my other posts, well done for averting a crisis.
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting for the follow up post, whereby it's discovered that Idiot 1 has pick pocketed poster.
  • rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evidence or it didn't happen......