Options

HOLES in the writing of "End of Time"

tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A Timelord must NOT regenerate in a time machine?

Odo speed in time was told why in the story?

If the Timelords could throw a diamond out of the time lock, it was not a good lock?

Why should the Dr fix Captain Jack up with boy from "voyage of the damned" ?

I thought that the timelord should not change people life line?

How could the the Dr travel so many places before he charged, most Dr's changed in a few minutes of dieing?

Could you any holes?

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was Odo?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Who was Odo?

PMSL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »

If the Timelords could throw a diamond out of the time lock, it was not a good lock?

How could the the Dr travel so many places before he charged, most Dr's changed in a few minutes of dieing?

Could you any holes?

Ood speed in time was told to show things weren't right and something major was afoot.

He is a nice doctor and wanted to set his lonely friend who had recently lost a partner with another lonely friend.
    He could travel to so many places because if he just changed he wouldnt have been able to do all that, plus, the way the radiation or whatever was effecting him, might have been slow working!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Who was Odo?

I think he thinks this is the Deep Space 9 forum ;)

It's like it's been written as a Haiku!!
    PMSL
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could you any holes?

1. Explain better?

2. It was explained at the very beginning, time itself was collapsing and this was the side effect. They could see the future and advanced more quickly due to time collapsing. It wasn't suppose to happen. So that's why it was mentioned

3. Both are lonely, it closes the story? Doctor forgives himself for Jack. So many other things

4. The Timelords could do what they like, The Doctor is good so doesn't do it (unless he is broken like in Water of Mars... which explains this) but became evil and twisted they can do what they like.

5. A slower regeneration, there is no set time on the process.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    1. Explain better?

I think the poster means that apparently if a Time Lord regenerates in a time machine, the time machine suddenly combusts.

Fear not: the Doctor usually regenerates in the Tardis. This time it burnt for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Like many of the things that happen in recent Doctor Who episodes.

Pertwee had time to hold himself together long enough to enter and pilot the Tardis back to Earth, and I think that also was radiation related?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    The doctor was helping everyone (well except Rose I guess) with his goodbyes...so fixing Jack up with Russell Tovey was to help him after the trauma of COE. Plus RTD loves RT lol.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could you any holes?

Um, what?
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,106
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    2. It was explained at the very beginning, time itself was collapsing and this was the side effect. They could see the future and advanced more quickly due to time collapsing. It wasn't suppose to happen. So that's why it was mentioned

But wasn't this happening before the stuff with Gallifrey or even the rebirth of the Master? So how can it be a side effect of something that hadn't happened yet. Unless it was the same as the last episode of Star Trek TNG :)
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    I think the poster means that apparently if a Time Lord regenerates in a time machine, the time machine suddenly combusts.

Fear not: the Doctor usually regenerates in the Tardis. This time it burnt for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Like many of the things that happen in recent Doctor Who episodes.

Pertwee had time to hold himself together long enough to enter and pilot the Tardis back to Earth, and I think that also was radiation related?

All the radiation he absorbed was released as part of the regeneration which is what destroyed the tardis
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Why didn't Rose recognise him after Eccleston regenerated if she'd seen him just 12 month before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did the Time Lords manage such an exact lob with the diamond through the Time Lock? It fell almost at the Master's feet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did the Dr survive a thousand foot plummet onto a marble floor without dying?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the radiation was taking effect slowly
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,106
    Forum Member
    Why was the Doctor able to shake off regeneration in Journey's End but not in this episode? Both were fatal enough to cause regeneration.
  • Options
    DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    My biggest problem is how come Davros could come alone but the Time Lords couldn't?
  • Options
    delroy14delroy14 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Why didn't Rose recognise him after Eccleston regenerated if she'd seen him just 12 month before?

it was jan 1st 2005 rose didn't meet the dr till later that year
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Why was the Doctor able to shake off regeneration in Journey's End but not in this episode? Both were fatal enough to cause regeneration.
    In Journey's End, he had his old hand to pour the regeneration energy into.

He didn't have that luxury this time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    delroy14 wrote: »
    it was jan 1st 2005 rose didn't meet the dr till later that year

So, when Eccleston regenerated into Tennant, why didn't Rose say 'Oi! Oy remembers ya! Oy saws ya abart a yeer aga!'
  • Options
    polkadot12polkadot12 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    So, when Eccleston regenerated into Tennant, why didn't Rose say 'Oi! Oy remembers ya! Oy saws ya abart a yeer aga!'

I'm guessing as it was new years eve Rose was probably just a bit tipsy. She probably wouldn't remember a very short encounter like that.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if you could remember everyone who wished you Happy New Year in the street returning from a new years party a year later.

I would struggle the next day :o
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    The mere fact that he had so long to regenerate speaks volumes of the lack of planning that went into this contrived episode.

He could have gone and got help for his radiation poisoning from so many places...
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the Time Lords manage such an exact lob with the diamond through the Time Lock? It fell almost at the Master's feet.

And how did The Lord Bond throw the diamond out through the Time Lock anyway?
  • Options
    playitagainplayitagain Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    And how did The Lord Bond throw the diamond out through the Time Lock anyway?

cos of the link the timelords had established within the master and was strenghened because there was 6 billion masters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    As for the TARDIS I believe that cos the Doctor was holding off his Regeneration for so long he was fighting it till the end. TARDIS#s usually help the regeneration, but cos he fought it for so long there was a build up in power- kinda like when you make a dam and then blow it up. Kaboom! Bang goes the TARDIS!

As for the Diamond however.....