Options

Tesco Clearing HD Boxes for £30

Comments

• Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could press the ok button which brings up the channel list and scroll to the required channel and press ok job done.
    Well yes, but hardly the quickest way to change channel if you know where you want to go!
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Well yes, but hardly the quickest way to change channel if you know where you want to go!

You can always pre-prend the channel number with 0s. No, wait, you can't do that on the STBIS2010.

I don't see what the problem is with pressing OK afterwards for the impatient.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with being impatient.

It is very slow, in fact my old On digital box changed channels quicker than this box.
  • Options
    ty webbty webb Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    You can always pre-prend the channel number with 0s. No, wait, you can't do that on the STBIS2010.

I don't see what the problem is with pressing OK afterwards for the impatient.

Totally agree, the STBHDIS2010 is one of the most responsive freeview boxes i've had. Quick through the menus and pressing ok after inputting a channel number is very fast.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Nothing to do with being impatient.

It is very slow, in fact my old On digital box changed channels quicker than this box.

I remember people complaining about the OnDigital boxes changing too quickly to enter LCNs (especially when three digit ones were introduced)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jeez, if this Technika could Record via USB port it truly would be "the Dog's B******s" ! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Is anybody able to PM me the BETA update for the STBHDIS2010. I have been frantically searching google for it and seems like literally nobody has posted it online (which i find very strange).

Anyway, email to channel 0 has gotten me nowhere, so would really appreciate if someone could send me a link.
    (just host it on dropbox or one of the other million share sites or soemthing)

thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rovman wrote: »
    Is anybody able to PM me the BETA update for the STBHDIS2010. I have been frantically searching google for it and seems like literally nobody has posted it online (which i find very strange).
    PM sent. It's good that you can't find it online because that's what everybody agreed to! I'm pushing it a bit by sending people my link, but as it's no longer available through the official channels it seems like the only way.

By the way, I will not be able to respond to these requests in a timely manner for the next week or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being as Tesco are selling these boxes off cheap and the fact that Zero or whatever they are called seem to be ignoring any and all contact attempts, isn't it very likely that these boxes have been 'discontinued' and will never get the promised upgrade?

Perhaps Zero or whatever they are called have gone bust?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Zero or whatever they are called have gone bust?
    They are called Channel Zero and if you read through the thread this discussion has been had a number of times and I think the jury is still out on that question.
  • Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PM sent. It's good that you can't find it online because that's what everybody agreed to! I'm pushing it a bit by sending people my link, but as it's no longer available through the official channels it seems like the only way.

By the way, I will not be able to respond to these requests in a timely manner for the next week or so.

Your old link is broken, btw; any chance I could have the new one so I can continue to help? I have been creditting you; it's just if I'm online and you're not, it's useful to be able to help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muzer wrote: »
    Your old link is broken, btw; any chance I could have the new one so I can continue to help?
    Thanks - if you replace 221 in the old link with 225 it should work. Let me know.
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member

...which does lead me to believe it's dead and gone. I know people say "Oh, I can't post this online, it's against the t's and c's", but I honestly think there is now no-one there now to enforce this.

It has ceased to be, it is an ex-updated piece of software, bereft of life etc etc etc

When was the last time the weather and film details were updated - May ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree.

Tesco are not stupid. Why else would they be selling this so cheap?
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    I have to agree.

Tesco are not stupid. Why else would they be selling this so cheap?

They've always been (relatively) cheap - £35 in Stevenage Tesco. I've just been looking at the company who own CZ - Electra Entertainment - their website has not been updated since January 2011 !

It's still a very, very good machine, even without CZ - I just wish they'd've stopped advertising and boxing it with all the stuff that's no longer available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an excellent box.

One of the best images / picture quality I have ever seen on a freeview box.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    ...which does lead me to believe it's dead and gone. I know people say "Oh, I can't post this online, it's against the t's and c's", but I honestly think there is now no-one there now to enforce this.
    They could never enforce it anyway. All they could do was ask it was widely distributed as it was still in beta.

With the way things seem with channel Zero I certainly doubt it'll ever come out officially now anyway, and with Tesco sending out boxes with the beta software installed I find it quite amusing that there's still this cloak and dagger attitude from some about distribution of it.. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is an excellent box.

One of the best images / picture quality I have ever seen on a freeview box.
    Sure is, easily the best Freeview pic in SD or HD for me too.

Riceuten, the packaging/boxes with cz adverts etc, its just not been re-packaged, maybe returns/refurbs/excess stock. Why spend money on new packaging when their being sold at rock-bottom prices anyway? As long as the unit does what its meant to, which it does very well indeed. For £19.99 i'm real happy :D
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of getting this box. Is it reliable and how long will it be updated for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could some kind person tell me how I can stop my box changing to channel 50 BBC 1 HD when I select channel 1, BBC SD?

I assume it may also do the same for the other HD channels. Not looked at that yet.
  • Options
    cp2cp2 Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could some kind person tell me how I can stop my box changing to channel 50 BBC 1 HD when I select channel 1, BBC SD?

I assume it may also do the same for the other HD channels. Not looked at that yet.

Menu / Settings / Advanced / SD HD link off

In theory if the broadcaster is using this correctly it shouldn't do anything when SD splits from HD for local news
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    vadekvadek Posts: 204
    Forum Member

Ignore me. Someone else got there first.

PS: why can't I find an option to delete a post?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are now being ignored! :D
  • Options
    cp2cp2 Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vadek wrote: »
    Ignore me. Someone else got there first.

PS: why can't I find an option to delete a post?

You have to be quick around here - though usually a contribution from me is enough to kill a thread off (the internet equivalent of brown fingers?).

As for deleting posts, on the internet nothing is truly deleted. I suspect that only the moderators can make posts disappear on DS so if you want it to go away edit something in that's "controversial" and they'll make in an unpost for you.