Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Not sure what you're asking here? Why is it on the web already, probably because it aired in the US on April 1st so has already been uploaded?

No, the first episode aired on April 1st not the second one. I guess 2nd episode has aired elsewhere and so is available on the internet.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam40G wrote: »
    No, the first episode aired on April 1st not the second one. I guess 2nd episode has aired elsewhere and so is available on the internet.

The same thing happened last year. One particular episode was out on the interwebz days before being shown on TV. I think it was HBO who did that though.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this thread book spoiler free? i hope so!

good episode,just felt like a natural continuation not a season premiere

joffrey still a douche,tyrion still witty as always!

i like that we may see greyjoys enter the war effort,we saw their warden get alot of screentime in s1 and hes very proud of his house,they are needed!

not enough denarys this week,loved the dragon though,they need to feed before they die of starvation!

guess were in for more slow build,is it only 10 episode season again?

p.s stanis has some crazy fanatics behind him!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, book spoiler-free, there's a separate thread for those :)

Also, yes, 10 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great thanks!

also that final scene,the baby killing was shocking

i wodner how they located all of roberts bastards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    great thanks!

also that final scene,the baby killing was shocking

i wodner how they located all of roberts bastards?

Ned Stark located a few of them with ease before he was killed. Who ordered the slaying of the bastards though? Was it Joffrey?

Wonder if Joe Dempsey will get more screentime this season now that he's the only bastard left.

Great episode though. Can't wait for next weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Ned Stark located a few of them with ease before he was killed. Who ordered the slaying of the bastards though? Was it Joffrey?

Wonder if Joe Dempsey will get more screentime this season now that he's the only bastard left.

well they know his location so i would iamgine they will try to kill him before he reaches the wall, then they will encouter arya too!
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Yep, book spoiler-free, there's a separate thread for those :)

Also, yes, 10 episodes.

Thank goodness. Yesterday one poster (who had read the books) gave out information which was a spoiler. The mods have now deleted it.

Was the Lannister chap who met with Robb Stark the guy who used to be in Emmerdale?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness. Yesterday one poster (who had read the books) gave out information which was a spoiler. The mods have now deleted it.

Was the Lannister chap who met with Robb Stark the guy who used to be in Emmerdale?

Indeed he was. Robb Stark likes his Emmerdale actors, doesn't he :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superlative start to S2! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    520K viewers is a bit disappointing.
    Forum Member
    The same thing happened last year. One particular episode was out on the interwebz days before being shown on TV. I think it was HBO who did that though.

I saw lots of spoilers, photosets, clips, quotes, ... out of the official trailers' scope just to realize after April 1st that they were all from 1st episode. I couldn't find list of countries airing the second season and the air dates, though I think it's airing earlier somewhere. It was the case for some other shows like Spartacus at least. Though now I'm more careful not to get spoiled :p

When first I saw him I was like this is the funny guy from Skins. I quite liked him there and wishing to see more of him and we had him in the last episode of season 1 and 1st episode season 2. He's travelling with Arya so I hope he'll get more parts too. I saw also the girl who used to play Cassie in Skins on 1st episode. She was also great and I hope we'll see more of her too.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure that was Cersei, once it became clear the rumours had got back to Joffrey she would have felt the need to nip it in the bud I guess.
    well they know his location so i would iamgine they will try to kill him before he reaches the wall, then they will encouter arya too!

That's going to be fun to see, Gendry's already been established as hard as nails and Arya just downright tricksy, the King's Guard will find themselves with as bit more on their hands next week!

I agree that it was a brilliant start to the series, nicely paced IMHO, laying foundations for the next nine episodes, and ending with a WTF conclusion.
    Forum Member
    Sam40G wrote: »
    I saw also the girl who used to play Cassie in Skins on 1st episode. She was also great and I hope we'll see more of her too.

Yeah, she was one of Crastor's..... err..... daughters? Wives?
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No way!?!?! was she the one who spoke?

One thing Game Of Thrones does really well is make relatively well-known actors almost completely unrecognisable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snow is sooooooooooo gonna bang cassie lol
    Forum Member
    No way!?!?! was she the one who spoke?

Yes that one :)

Haha, yeah weird, your wife can be your daughter and your granddaughter at the same time :eek:
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not for Sky Atlantic it isn't. For a channel that is only available on Sky, it's incredible.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snow is sooooooooooo gonna bang cassie lol

Gosh he is so dreamy. Yum yum. nom nom nom
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats actually good numbers for SA,Mad Men got less than a fifth of that for its premiere.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking more compared to last season's premiere, which was much higher. I guess I was hoping for more given the buzz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking more compared to last season's premiere, which was much higher. I guess I was hoping for more given the buzz.

more buzz = more downloaders i guess
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    520k viewers for a fantasy programme on a channel exclusive to Sky is pretty damn good if you ask me.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Why is episode 2 on the web already ?

I believe HBO webcast the next episode after the current episode on air transmission for subscribers and these are captured and put out.

Anyone else think that Esme Bianco who plays Roz really didn't seem to come over very well this episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrones returned to 3.9 million viewers. That’s up a massive 74 percent from its series debut last year. It also greatly improves upon the show’s previous all-time high, which was just over 3 million viewers. Including all three Sunday airings, the show delivered 6.3 million viewers. The numbers mean a third season renewal is pretty much guaranteed.

Urhm, did anybody mention HBO's ratings? :p