VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
The real one or the Auton???

Comments

• Options
    gshawgshaw Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Real one I think, back to where he was on the evening before their wedding...
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    There was the usual end of season reset button and he is the normal Rory.
  • Options
    gshawgshaw Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »

Technically reset with added updates as Amy's parents how exist etc :)

Or really it's not a reset at all, just a method of continuing the Universes from where they left off after a catastrophe wipes them out...
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She'll find out on her wedding night.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

In other words is an Auton's hand the only part that is detachable??
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »

It's still a little uncertain in my mind why it's the human Rory, since he had already been erased from the particles of universe that were preserved in the Pandorica, but I guess that's just a matter of having Rory reconstructed from Amy's memories, just like the Doctor was.

What I'm also hazy on is whether Rory remembers being the plastic centurion - he and Amy both remember the Doctor saving the universe, but the Doctor only mutters about Rory's 2000-year devotion to Amy to himself.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

OOOHHHHH!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Rory is the plastic rory.

It's quite interesting to think that Rory would be older and perhaps wiser than the doctor, would certainly change the social dynamic in the tardis next year :p
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Wibbley-wobbley-timey-wimey effect - real Rory.

Phazer
  • Options
    theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's the plastic one, and more than that I don't think there ever really was a "real" Rory. He's a paradox, a time loop. The Rory in the Eleventh Hour is the Rory that spent 2000 years guarding the Pandorica - that's why the date on his staff card didn't make sense - he had been working in the hospital for that long. Because of the cracks though he doesn't remember those events. it's only after they remember the Doctor once he reappears in the wedding that he gets his memory back.

I might be wrong - but that's my take on it - guess we'll find out next season.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    A fascinating take, theARE, but surely Amy and Rory were friends from childhood? I know it doesn't seem to specify that they were *both* children, but that would be a weird/pervy friendship - the girl and the 2000 year old plastic centurion!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theARE wrote: »
    I think he's the plastic one, and more than that I don't think there ever really was a "real" Rory. He's a paradox, a time loop. The Rory in the Eleventh Hour is the Rory that spent 2000 years guarding the Pandorica - that's why the date on his staff card didn't make sense - he had been working in the hospital for that long. Because of the cracks though he doesn't remember those events. it's only after they remember the Doctor once he reappears in the wedding that he gets his memory back.

That might be it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I'm also hazy on is whether Rory remembers being the plastic centurion
    Just after Amy vaults the table at the reception, Rory can be heard saying "I was plastic!"
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Aenaryn wrote: »
    Just after Amy vaults the table at the reception, Rory can be heard saying "I was plastic!"

Cheers! Still doesn't explain why he has all the plastic memories though! I guess it's just a matter of what you remember, not which version of you does the remembering.... :D
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still a little uncertain in my mind why it's the human Rory, since he had already been erased from the particles of universe that were preserved in the Pandorica, but I guess that's just a matter of having Rory reconstructed from Amy's memories, just like the Doctor was.

Didn't the Doctor driving the Pandorica into the burning remains of his Tardis and the resulting "big bang" essentially undo everything that happened as a result of the crack? Or did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    Sir_JasperSir_Jasper Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Real Rory, as the Dr reappears he says something along the lines of "its the Dr, how could we forget the Dr, I was plastic"
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers! Still doesn't explain why he has all the plastic memories though! I guess it's just a matter of what you remember, not which version of you does the remembering.... :D

All of Amys memories were held with in the Pandorica. When it exploded, it repopulated the universe with all things including her memories. Since she remembered the Auton Rory, the recreated Rory was both flesh and plastic Rory rolled into one.

I think :D
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theARE wrote: »

I like this and, for what it's worth, I think you are right. I think we will be seeing more of Rory's detachable partys in S6.