Options

BDO Vs PDC - Which is the better?

Comments

• Options
    wwillattwwillatt Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PDC is far more than just Barney an Taylor. The have plenty of top class player who consistently average high. And thats what i believe is the difference between the PDC and the BDO. Having watched both world championships the PDC players are far more consistent than the bdo. The amount of poor scores between 20-60 is reasonably high you normally get at least 2-4 per leg.

The BDO is still entertaining but the better players are in the PDC without doubt.

And to this shane fellow, how can you comment if you havent seen the PDC players play? That would be like me saying the PDC was better having not watched the BDO, i have to say and its very clear from you posting you have no idea what you are on about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how can you say i haven't seen them play...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because ive just a read a post earlier in the thread where you said you havent?

That may be why :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that was for the part v taylor final.
    i've had sky installed since
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you watch both and think the PDC is best? You are entitled to your opinion but maybe you are just arguing for arguing sake i mean all the stats point to the fact the PDC is better.

But like i said you are entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    Rocket RomanoRocket Romano Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaneaus wrote:
    that was for the part v taylor final.
    i've had sky installed since

If thats the case then you must have seen the Premier League, the Vegas Classic, the matchplay etc which have all proven the PDC is much much more than Taylor.

Then again...if your happy with the England captain, I suppose its' too much to ask you to change your mind :D
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Int. Darts League and World Darts Trophy featured both BDO and PDC players.

Taylor played poorly throughout the Darts League and got knocked out by Simon Whitlock in the Quarter final. Colin Lloyd and Roland Scholten got to the semi finals, and Colin lost to Barney in the final.

Barney got knocked out of the World Darts Trophy by Van Gerwen which was then won easily by Taylor. Ronnie Baxter got to the semi final, before being put out by Phil, just as Lloyd was in the previous round. Manley went out to Lloyd as well.

Whenever there has been a tournament with mainly BDO players, but 4 or 5 PDC players, the PDC players have done very well.

I would say Taylor, Barney, Lloyd, Scholten (on his day) and Priestley and Hamilton were all better than anyone in the BDO if you take out Van Gerwen which you may well be able to soon.

Hankey has been shit for years now. Adams is probably their most consistant player. Merv King is decent, as is Fitton, and then after that you're struggling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    In my day the BDO ruled the world......
    .....but no more.

PDC is streets ahead of the BDO, who have just stagnated and turned into the "Painters & Decorators Darts Championship".
  • Options
    poinsypoinsy Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    PDC by a mile. Hankey is ok, O'Shea is great, but after that, the others would not cut it against the PDC guys. Wolfie made it clear by refusing to enter the GS this year.

P
  • Options
    scorerscorer Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    As I have stated on another thread 3 out of the four semi-finalists in the PDC version have been recent finalists of the BDO version (I include Barney.)

Two have been winners of the BDO.

One of them is now in the final and I think Simon Whitlock has it in him to give Phil Taylor a fright in the final.

Not saying Whitlock will win though, I just think he will give Taylor a run for his money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Having watched the PDC this week and both great Semi-Finals last night, when I watched the BDO now it resembles more Bullseye but with the Non-Darts Players only.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched the PDC this week and both great Semi-Finals last night, when I watched the BDO now it resembles more Bullseye but with the Non-Darts Players only.

The BDO even have the bloke off Bullseye commentating.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    To be fair, some of the PDC first rounds were dire and Taylor drubbing Webster 6-0 is not a great semi-final. Luckily Whitlock v Barney made up for it.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I see it, if you are a darts fan you watch both and you don't play one off against the other. You enjoy both for what they are.
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    As I see it, if you are a darts fan you watch both and you don't play one off against the other. You enjoy both for what they are.

Exactly what I said yesterday in the BDO thread!!

For example Let's look at past 2 years...
    In 2008 Mark Webster was BDO champion, and who did he play in the final...oh yeah tonights finalist Simon Whitlock a semi finalist and a finalist who have come through in just the last 2 years!!

But there are many many more PDC players over the years who came through the BDO and been BDO champions but i won't go on! :)

Without the BDO, lets face it Barry Hearne wouldn't know who to sign - so just appreciate both!! :)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is pointless, the only good thing about the BDO is Hankey and i see him moving to the PDC

BDO is school darts compared to the PDC wake up lol

All the best players came to the PDC Simon the Wizard and Barny Merv King realised and made the switch

The BDO has nothing but Hankey and Adams Hankey may move not sure about Adams tho, but still i good watch.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ What a load of crap, there's loads of good players in the BDO, Tony O' Shea, Scott Waites, Darryl Fitton etc. You obviously don't watch much :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    Exactly what I said yesterday in the BDO thread!!

For example Let's look at past 2 years...
    In 2008 Mark Webster was BDO champion, and who did he play in the final...oh yeah tonights finalist Simon Whitlock a semi finalist and a finalist who have come through in just the last 2 years!!

But there are many many more PDC players over the years who came through the BDO and been BDO champions but i won't go on! :)

Without the BDO, lets face it Barry Hearne wouldn't know who to sign - so just appreciate both!! :)

Funnily enough Whitlock played in his first world championship in 2003 at the circus Tavern and reached the last 16, before going to the BDO.

The PDC do not sign players, Players join the PDPA if they think/feel they are good enough to play in most of the professional darts events run but the PDC.
  • Options
    bet lynchbet lynch Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    PDC by a mile........

I AGREE ! thats why theyre all moving over !!!;) by the way ... why hasnt phill taylor ever won sports personality of the year ? he has won 14 (soon to be 15 !!) world championships after all !!!!!! what other sports personality can say the same ???:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Hankey would never move to the PDC because he couldn't handle being on that stage. You see him spit his dummy out at the Lakeside if someone is breathing in the crowd whilst he's on stage. He'd never handle the PDC with all the singing, cheering and shouting the lively crowd does there.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bet lynch wrote: »
    I AGREE ! thats why theyre all moving over !!!;) by the way ... why hasnt phill taylor ever won sports personality of the year ? he has won 14 (soon to be 15 !!) world championships after all !!!!!! what other sports personality can say the same ???:D

a) darts is a minority sport
    b) he's won the vast majority of his titles on satellite tv
    c) he has a sexual assault charge to his name
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Do a search for "campervan" ;):D
  • Options
    bet lynchbet lynch Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooo eck !!
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooo eck !!

This just about sums up this thread. The people who claim the PDC is miles better etc don't even know about the players, they just go on the hype.

I reckon the 10 biggest darts fans on this board wouldn't dream of slating the BDO because they know the importance of it.

Can we put this daft thread to bed now
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ What a load of crap, there's loads of good players in the BDO, Tony O' Shea, Scott Waites, Darryl Fitton etc. You obviously don't watch much :rolleyes:

I know it well actually

Tony O Shea maybe yea but won jack the rest are nothing speacial Fitton can be great but right now playing poor.

ill watch the BDO for Hankey that is all, PDC is where it happens more cash best players and loads of ranking events.

You can all cry on about it as long as you want the BDO has amazing history and is like the original Event and was the one to play in, Bristow lowe Dellar and The Menace all of them and the Power winning 5 also in the BDO.

But time to move on to the PDC Ranking events prize money 80% of the best players now Power, King, Barney, Whitlock, Wade, Thornton and tons more, yes many of them started in the BDO that my point time to move over.

Or join up would be awesome :D