Hollyoaks- the next week is vital for the show

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
Forum Member
Hollyoaks really has to deliver this next week they have wowed and amazed us with the bus crash but if the next week falls flat it will mean nothing

they need to soley concentrate on the characters involved and there familys ruby frankie ester jack darren

then tilly george ester bart sinead and callum

tony cindy jaqui and Myra

if the spoilers are true and the next week is all about dodger and his real dad and ally and lacey it will be the worst mistake they have ever made and viewings will drop back down the follow up is the important bit

anyone agree?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the next week or two will tell me whether I'll stick with the show or not.

I've been on and off and not really watched the show properly in almost 2 years.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need a mix to be honest.

They'll have hooked people in with the bus crash, they need to continue the aftermath, whilst setting up long term storylines which will keep people in who have just tuned in again for the first time in ages. Just focussing on the families can only last a week, then the following week new viewers will drift off with nothing to hook them back.
  • Kathryn_Brown_PKathryn_Brown_P Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do need to make sure this next week doesn't fall short. We need more Esther scenes and Tony, Cindy, Jacqui & Myra scenes. I really couldn't give a stuff about the Kanes right now but I think they are going to get more episodes. I want to see Dodgers dad though because the guy playing him is hot! Thats a bad reason but given that HO should really be called Model Oaks, I think I can be excused!
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If theres decent follow through then all these deaths are great because Maddie was spoken too badly by 2 people who were a major part in her life and Esthers bullying will stem from this. Jono was generally close to all of them and Neil was harmless so it can really drive stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My memory tells me that Ho are not very good at aftermaths and in particular not showing how a catastrophe is being dealt with by those left behind. In the case of this crash, we need to see the teens struggling and them getting to know the truth about Maddie.

For Jacqui we need to see her find out about Rhys's betrayal and how she deals with Cindy and how Tony deals with knowing Cindy was giving him up even after he stayed true to her.

The Stug/Stendan thing has no interest for me personally but I am sure it will be addressed as there are too many fans out there to be ignored.

Spoilers are never in depth and I am really hoping that a small minority is about the Kanes and the Savages and the main focus is about the aftermath of the crash. But I am not holding my breathe. That being said, I am sure the lack of aftermath being posted time and time again on the forums as what is spoiling an overall a superb plot/trauma/catastrophe, must have been taken on board. Please !!!
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    If theres decent follow through then all these deaths are great because Maddie was spoken too badly by 2 people who were a major part in her life and Esthers bullying will stem from this. Jono was generally close to all of them and Neil was harmless so it can really drive stories.

ye im hoping callum and tilly will be affected and we will see this, also wanna see bart reaction when he hears about jonos death
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ye im hoping callum and tilly will be affected and we will see this, also wanna see bart reaction when he hears about jonos death

I don't want Callum and Tilly to be affected. Why should they. They did nothing wrong but tell the truth to Maddie. She was a cow and hurt people for her own pleasure. Just because they said it as it was , why should they feel any regret? Callum and Tilly are genuinly nice people who didn't like other, weaker people being downtrodden to satisfy Maddies need for control.

Bart, BTW, will not be affected by Jonos death. He will be just one less person who is no longer able to dob him in.
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I don't want Callum and Tilly to be affected. Why should they. They did nothing wrong but tell the truth to Maddie. She was a cow and hurt people for her own pleasure. Just because they said it as it was , why should they feel any regret? Callum and Tilly are genuinly nice people who didn't like other, weaker people being downtrodden to satisfy Maddies need for control.

Bart, BTW, will not be affected by Jonos death. He will be just one less person who is no longer able to dob him in.

yes but tilly grew up with maddie they have been friends years no matter what happened recently thats still there, and shes callums ex as much as he hates her im sure he would care about her dying

also bart may suprise us jono is the one friends hes always had so this might cop him on
    Forum Member
    Didnt seem to touch on the scale of the tragedy atal:confused: ruby seemed to be the only one grieving properly , there should been more teens scenes tilly george callum ect talking about the loss of there friends not all bart and sinead:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt seem to touch on the scale of the tragedy atal:confused: ruby seemed to be the only one grieving properly , there should been more teens scenes tilly george callum ect talking about the loss of there friends not all bart and sinead:mad:

Well the Callum and Tilly scenario are still to come and once George gets over his love for Maddie, when the film of the journey is shown, it may well be different.

But for the timebeing I was right about Bart. Doesn't give F*** about Jono being dead. he even lit up a squiff at his memorial candle. NICE !!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    From tonight's first look episode, there going in this week too :D