Options

VENT: Theories NOT spoilers

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Right, in no way do i want to detract from real theories, but TOTD is approaching and no doubt this forum is about to be flooded by people who have been reading spoiler sites and then posting their "theories" about what is going to happen in the episode without referencing the source site where they read their theory, in the hope that if their spoiler does happen they can say Look how clever I was... I think I counted about 5 this week 1 was probably from myself! Anyway I'm starting this unofficial count now, feel free to add to it or ref this thread in other threads.

Ok, vent over.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what if think someones theory is spoiler and inform them of this fact then in effect spoil them because it did come for there head... Wibbly wobbly spoiler woiler ....

Anyway I'm just saying you can't really enforce this as there is no way to tell one way or another... There are theories masquerading as leaks Leaks masquerading as theories... Its all very time travel really.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately the only way to stay safe is to stay off the internet. It can be done. I'm pretty much sure I now know the entire plot for the Christmas special from one source or another. Its a shame in some ways but I couldn't help myself. I didn't read any DW forums or follow anything on any social media years back and so I was almost always surprised. Since then I have been spoilt on most things. Its my choice. Sadly no one sticks to the 'rules' and some enjoy actively spoiling things. Its up to the individual really but if you want no risk of spoilers steer clear of forums and twitter.
  • Options
    Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Right, in no way do i want to detract from real theories, but TOTD is approaching and no doubt this forum is about to be flooded by people who have been reading spoiler sites and then posting their "theories" about what is going to happen in the episode without referencing the source site where they read their theory, in the hope that if their spoiler does happen they can say Look how clever I was... I think I counted about 5 this week 1 was probably from myself! Anyway I'm starting this unofficial count now, feel free to add to it or ref this thread in other threads.

Ok, vent over.

Passing off an actual spoiler as an inspired guess in an attempt to show off to a bunch of people you've never actually met or ever will is just about the most pathetic thing I can think of. I hope I die in a horrible accident before I ever consider doing anything so petty, pointless and feeble.