Options

Going from tablet to television.

glenzetaglenzeta Posts: 105
Forum Member
Good morning. I have downloaded Show Box to my tablet and would like to know if it is possible to view the films etc. through the telly via my tablet. If so which leads and so on would I need in order to do this? Thanks if you can advise.:)

Comments

• Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats tablet is it? It may have a HDMI port, if its running Android you can more than likely use a Chromecast to transmit the video to the TV so no wires. If its an Apple tablet (iPad) you can use an Apple TV or get a HDMI Adaptor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    i have showbox on my android tablet with an app called allcast , this app allows tv and films from showbox to be viewed on my roku lt ,xbox 360 or xbox 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you both for your replies. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
  • Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of these should be good for use with that Tablet. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00I4WQ618
  • Options
    tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chromecast is very handy but can be had for less than £20 now.

Bit of a poo as it went down in price about a week after I got mine.

:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only port I can find is that which I use to charge up the tablet. Is this where it would fit in then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go the Chromecast route you will need apps like allcast or localcast. Far easier than hooking a cable up to to TV.