The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8(US Pace)

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how they made a point of them "abandoning science" in this episode. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I loved this weeks episode! "But he had will haven't placed it!"
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely loved this weeks episode. Bernadette and Amy were hysterical, especially drunk.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Thursday next week.Wonder if they are moving from Mondays for good.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    On Thursday next week.Wonder if they are moving from Mondays for good.

Just for the next 3 weeks according to this: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-sticks-big-bang-theory-735705

Fantastic guest star appearance from Billy Bob Thornton this week. Nobody does creepy like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Just for the next 3 weeks according to this: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-sticks-big-bang-theory-735705

Fantastic guest star appearance from Billy Bob Thornton this week. Nobody does creepy like him.

Cheers.Will watch this weeks shortly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who voiced Mrs Wolowitz has died :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30017686
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the show to be a bit dead this season. Not edgy, no imagination. Kinda like they just going through the motions. Feels like Red Dwarf and Friends towards the end.. sludge..
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,219
    Forum Member
    I see it's a repeat of last year's Thanksgiving episode this Thursday even though all the programs which follow it on CBS are completely new :(
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Didn't you know that when you're getting paid $1 million per episode that it takes more out of you. They are tired and stressed working a few hours once a week for $1 million. They need to think of their health.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because in TV world you are only paid by the hour. Not for having your face sold around the world and getting your cut of the studio's mega profits.

You probably know it but the break isn't dictated by the making of the show but by the network. The show still produces the number of episodes they are contracted for.
  • dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the show to be a bit dead this season. Not edgy, no imagination. Kinda like they just going through the motions. Feels like Red Dwarf and Friends towards the end.. sludge..

l agree this used to be my favorite show l watch repeats all the time and still get a huge laugh from them even though l know what's going to happen, I've watched the first three episodes this season and in my opinion they are in no way as good as previous seasons, hope they improve, but i am not to hopeful.
    Forum Member
    Don't hold your breath! :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The season has been very mediocre so far.
    Forum Member
    Repeat again this week! >:(
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    humbug333 wrote: »
    I love Big Bang but Channel has completely corrupted the series of shows by the random showing of episodes over their different channels.. We all have to have Sheldon's brains to understand the logic of C4 's programming. I can only put it down to a producers' whims.....Don't you just love incompetence.

Agree just watched last Thursday this 8th series and saw Billy Bob Thorpe (is that his name) ex husband of Angellina on as a love sick doctor and it was just NOT funny. So disappointed. Hate Penny's hair cut so severe and unflattering, makes her look a lot older than her age. I love the relationship between Amy and Sheldon I do hope it improve a I adore the programme but this seems to always happen with successful comic shows, they slowly deflate.
    Forum Member
    Anyone who has seen the unaired pilot will know that Kayley made the show better than it would be with just Sheldon and Leonard.

The original girl certainly didn't gel with the 2 of them.

I think to be fair to the actress in the pilot of the series, she was a rather hard, aggressive character, very different from the Penny we see now. I often wonder how she feels to see Kaley now making a million per episode and she missed out. It must be awful to see the actors in the newspapers or on talk shows and know you just missed out on a life changing role!! Ekkkkkkkkk
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 Schedule is very odd indeed. Sometimes we get the Big Bang on Thursday then sometimes on a Monday, time changes, often you start a new series and then suddenly they show old repeats of the show, then they took it off completely. Bizarre
    Forum Member
    So CBS bring it back for one week, for a premature and half-assed* Xmas edition, then take it off again.

Next week's is again CBS' only repeat of the evening and a pretty lame repeat at that.

*The pigeon routine could have been done any week of the year, why compromise a Xmas episode?

And still no mention of the late Mrs Wallowitz.>:(
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    So CBS bring it back for one week, for a premature and half-assed* Xmas edition, then take it off again.

Next week's is again CBS' only repeat of the evening and a pretty lame repeat at that.

*The pigeon routine could have been done any week of the year, why compromise a Xmas episode?

And still no mention of the late Mrs Wallowitz.>:(

A truly shockingly poor episode.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love TBBT and I have to say, my favourite character after Sheldon was Penny. I thought that Kaley Cuoco played her so well. I couldn't help but like her.

However, over the last few seasons, they have made Penny become more and more self involved. Each episode she mentions how pretty she is, how she uses sex to get what she wants, how many lovers she's had, how men fall at her feet etc. She's turned from the sweet, lovable girl next door into an arrogant annoyance. At the start of each episode, I say to my OH "I wonder how slutty they'll make her today." He then comments "I wonder how many times she'll pout."

For me, it's getting to the point where I'm tempted to stop watching...
  • technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few Interesting plot spoilers i've heard from very reliable sources...

Warning do not click unless you want to spoil all future episodes. (you have been warned)
    Every Episode, Every single scene they will EAT, thats all that ever happens in this terribly written programme. EAT, EAT F***ING EAT!!!!

So thats something to look forward to.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    technoguy wrote: »
    A few Interesting plot spoilers i've heard from very reliable sources...

Warning do not click unless you want to spoil all future episodes. (you have been warned)
    Every Episode, Every single scene they will EAT, thats all that ever happens in this terribly written programme. EAT, EAT F***ING EAT!!!!

So thats something to look forward to.

Interesting because from what I gather
    They never actually eat. They just push the food around the plate with the fork and then use their expressions of shock/anger/confusion to avoid eating. The most annoying thing about this show!

Keep your eyes peeled!
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    I used to love TBBT and I have to say, my favourite character after Sheldon was Penny. I thought that Kaley Cuoco played her so well. I couldn't help but like her.

However, over the last few seasons, they have made Penny become more and more self involved. Each episode she mentions how pretty she is, how she uses sex to get what she wants, how many lovers she's had, how men fall at her feet etc. She's turned from the sweet, lovable girl next door into an arrogant annoyance. At the start of each episode, I say to my OH "I wonder how slutty they'll make her today." He then comments "I wonder how many times she'll pout."

For me, it's getting to the point where I'm tempted to stop watching...
    It is a shame that they've changed Penny's character for the worse. When they show a recent episode next to an earlier one the difference is striking. In the early days she used to smile much more and although she was always sarcastic, she was, on the whole, sweet and caring. I love the episode where she has a singing part and Sheldon and Leonard concoct the drug intervention lie.

Nowadawys she just seems bad tempered and unpleasantly sarcastic.

Another thing, I wish they'd get rid of Bernadette and her annoying high-pitched voice. When she speaks fast, I've no idea what she's saying!
    Forum Member
    I'm so disappointed they got rid of the comic book store and have moved Stewart into Howards house to look after his mother.

I agree, some of the funniest scenes were in the Comic Book Store. I really like Stewart and think he is under-used in the show. I find the carer role with Howard's Mum odd to the extreme. What will they do now that the actress who voiced Howard's Mum has died?

Really disappointed with the two episodes of series 8, often miss it because Channel 4 keeps changing the schedule, over Christmas period it was cancelled completely or I missed it as it changed from Monday to Thursday, sometimes new episodes, sometimes old...................ridiculous. I guess I will have to buy the DVD!!

I guess all shows eventually deflate, they cannot keep the same level up in writing. I saw MOM written by the same team and it was a lot funnier than The Big Bang which is a bit sad.!!!!!!