Japanese panko breadcrumbs

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
Hey,
I have a pack of these that are supposed to make really crispy breadcrumbs and was going to use them to coat chicken or something for a meal next week, but I'm not sure how to store them.
Can they be left in the fridge after opening or in one of those little tupperware pots, either in the fridge or a dry, cool place?

Comments

• indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need to be put in the fridge. Best would be a Tupperware container but I never do, I just seal the packet and store them in the food cupboard like I do with all my dried goods. Panko are ace, they add an extra crunchy topping or coating to anything.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Thank you :)
    Would that mean they take less time to brown? I have a recipe for 'pesto baked chicken' that I made once and was very nice, so wondered if I could use the panko for that recipe too :)

http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/pesto-baked-chicken/ :)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have a pack of these that are supposed to make really crispy breadcrumbs and was going to use them to coat chicken or something for a meal next week, but I'm not sure how to store them.
    Can they be left in the fridge after opening or in one of those little tupperware pots, either in the fridge or a dry, cool place?
    I've had some stored for a while in my cupboard after opening them.
    Small Tupperware container or a small freezer bag - before fully sealing it I gently squeeze the air out.

Edit: I'm not sure they brown quicker, they are just a nicer crunchy texture.