Options

Why do people not like Raign?

chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
People are saying she is over confident, and quite different in her approach to a talent show. But surely thats a good thing? If she didnt believe she could win, she would not have auditioned

All major popstars are like that... Madonna, Whitney, Elton John, Rihanna, and even MJ was ruthless in the music industry.

Most of those stars would have never been liked in X Factor - but i like that attitude, its real and makes a change from the cliche crying, bum kissing and the fake group hug thing that usually goes on.

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She seems totally two faced. nothing to do with her confidence
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought her song and voice were excellent. At least she wasn't all sickly sweet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems totally two faced. nothing to do with her confidence

How was she two faced? If anything, she was brutally honest to their faces
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How was she two faced? If anything, she was brutally honest to their faces

two faced in the sense that she'd be as nice as pie until someone said no and then the nasty side would emerge
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her attitude stinks big time...in her first audition, she acted like Simon was the only one that mattered and this time, she goes on a long speech about how she's entitled to something...maybe its the edit, but I see nothing nice about her at all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps going on about her not being nice, but as I mentioned, most of the stars I mentioned are not known to be nice in the industry.

One D are the only nicey nice group who became successful out of a talent show because they were lucky enough to be good looking with a major brain behind it. Leona was dropped and left on the side
  • Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a diva but voice was good
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her attitude stinks big time...in her first audition, she acted like Simon was the only one that mattered and this time, she goes on a long speech about how she's entitled to something...maybe its the edit, but I see nothing nice about her at all...
    My thoughts exactly... she is so up herself and unlikeable in every way!! :o
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i like her. She reminds of of Florence Welch which is no bad thing.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once she gets some confidence classes she will be fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Once she gets some confidence classes she will be fine.

**sniggers**
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, she's awful! Ghastly irritating woman. Mediocre droning voice yet thinks she's the second coming. Arrogant overinflated personality with a sense of entitlement. Everything I can't stand!
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the way the show is edited to make people look good/ bad depending on how they want to manipulate the public.

Can you imagine if she makes the live shows, they have already ensured she will be near the bottom of the voting. They will probably have damaged her long term career too as no one will want to work with her.

One of my favourite edits (from 2011)

Louis: "Little Mix want to chose they own clothes and songs. They are such good role models for young girls. I hope they make the final."

Louis 5 mins later: "Janet Devlin wants to chose her own clothes and songs. She's such a difficult person to work with."

It's as easy as that to make the public turn on someone.
  • Options
    Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. Her voice is brilliant.

I have a couple of her songs on my phone and listen to them in the car.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just too cocksure for her own good!
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her. Shes very good. Shes trouble but Id love to see her in the live shows.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was great. The only thing that made me dislike her was the fact she felt like she needed to go on x factor at all. They'll just turn her into a hate figure when she has a genuine talent for songwriting and a very interesting voice and performing style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think her voice is that good. she was off on the high notes I thought
  • Options
    Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think her voice is that good. she was off on the high notes I thought

She sang it better in her first audition.

I have the record on my phone and it sounds great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tom_Basil wrote: »
    She sang it better in her first audition.

I have the record on my phone and it sounds great.

im going to re watch on you tube.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other things to look out for in the editing.

Geri Haliwell in the background singing "Look at me".

Cheryl saying "Do you want a Gin & tonic". All she asked for was a mic stand, which was fair enough as she's singing, so they probably should have provided one anyway.

Simon saying "people don't like you."

Louis saying "I agree...people don't like you."

Simon & Louis saying there was a "bad vibe" etc.

Cheryl constantly looking down her nose like she had trodden in something nasty.

Simon intimating that she was "the wicked witch."

Cheryl saying "I canny stond er" (translation: I can't stand her), then going on to say she's allergic to her.

None of the above was anything Raign did but how the show treated her to reinforce this notion to the viewers that us stupid people should suck it up and hurl abuse at her in our blind ignorance.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i like her. She reminds of of Florence Welch which is no bad thing.

That's the problem, she thinks she's Florence Welch - difference is FW is talented, likeable and far more attractive.

Raign is the complete opposite - arrogant, average voice and has a face like a demented crow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other things to look out for in the editing.

Geri Haliwell in the background singing "Look at me".

Cheryl saying "Do you want a Gin & tonic". All she asked for was a mic stand, which was fair enough as she's singing, so they probably should have provided one anyway.

Simon saying "people don't like you."

Louis saying "I agree...people don't like you."

Simon & Louis saying there was a "bad vibe" etc.

Cheryl constantly looking down her nose like she had trodden in something nasty.

Simon intimating that she was "the wicked witch."

Cheryl saying "I canny stond er" (translation: I can't stand her), then going on to say she's allergic to her.

None of the above was anything Raign did but how the show treated her to reinforce this notion to the viewers that us stupid people should suck it up and hurl abuse at her in our blind ignorance.

Yep, the whole Cheryl thing was so contrived
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »

Says it all, she's an attention seeker. If she doesn't make the live shows, she'll be on Celebrity BB. Yawn.