Options

Harry redknapps next job?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
After rumours of qpr about to sack harry redknapp, what does everyone reckon his next big job will be?

Will he retire?

I reckon should Newcastle still being in the same state they are in now, then he could end up at Newcastle.

His reputation is tarnished a tad after the few seasons with qpr and not being a success after the amount of money he has spent.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ashley would be mad. I doubt he likes giving Pardew money to spend. Harry would bankrupt him.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle is too far north for him. He's had the chance to go there before and turned it down.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Newcastle is too far north for him. He's had the chance to go there before and turned it down.

I don't know why, the rumours about the grim North are wide of the mark.

Like drinking Guinness, it becomes easier with time.:cool:
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why, the rumours about the grim North are wide of the mark.

Like drinking Guinness, it becomes easier with time.:cool:
    It's not because of that but because of the distance from his beloved home in Sandbanks and his wife. He just likes his lifestyle.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have to be somewhere in London or the South.

What about Watford, they have a mad chairman by all accounts, and are forever changing their managers recently.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member
    He'll probably retire. Didn't he suggest that he would have quit QPR if they'd missed out on promotion last season? I'm not sure he's really that interested in managing clubs outside of the PL.

Southampton won't have him back, and I can't see him getting another job with a London-based PL club. A return to Bournemouth isn't an option either, unless Eddie Howe leaves for a bigger club again.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll probably retire. Didn't he suggest that he would have quit QPR if they'd missed out on promotion last season? I'm not sure he's really that interested in managing clubs outside of the PL.

Southampton won't have him back, and I can't see him getting another job with a London-based PL club. A return to Bournemouth isn't an option either, unless Eddie Howe leaves for a bigger club again.

I agree with him retiring as there's not much out there for him at the minute.

Do you reckon he would still hang on for the England job? Or has that bus passed by seeing as steven gerrard, john Terry, Frank lampard, Ashley Cole and Rio ferdinand have all retired so he wouldn't have the same influence in the changing room.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arsenal could do worse, once Wenger packs it in.

*Ahem*.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member
    I agree with him retiring as there's not much out there for him at the minute.

Do you reckon he would still hang on for the England job? Or has that bus passed by seeing as steven gerrard, john Terry, Frank lampard, Ashley Cole and Rio ferdinand have all retired so he wouldn't have the same influence in the changing room.

I'd say that ship has sailed, but I'm not sure he was ever viewed as a serious candidate by the FA, he was the media's choice more than anything.

Think Hodgson will be around until 2016 at least, given how easy England's qualifying group is for the Euros. They'll probably look for someone a bit younger for their next appointment.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry will retire to Sandbanks but do still do the odd bit of punditry and ghosted newspaper column on the side.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,065
    Forum Member
    It would have to be somewhere in London or the South.

What about Watford, they have a mad chairman by all accounts, and are forever changing their managers recently.

Well TBF one quit, the next got ill so its a bit unfair to give Mr Pozzo that tag as such but I accept sacking McKinlay after 8 days was strange.

Albeit the problem seemed to be they just wanted him to drop down and work alongside somebody with more "experience" which he rejected naturally.

We do like to get a lot of players and have a big squad which might suit Harry though!

Reckon he might pack it in or become an advisor elsewhere..
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Don't want the guy anywhere near Newcastle, he's financially dodgy and showcases his weaknesses as a manager when he hasn't got stupid amounts of money to chuck at his problems, and when it goes wrong he ends up financially crippling the club like he did Portsmouth and QPR.

Add to that the Remy incident and I would have the guy as one of my least favourite managers.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless he's offered Champions League football (even abroad), I think he'll retire. He's at that age, where he's got nothing else to do in the game.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's between accountant and poet laureate to be honest, could go either way.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Ashley would be mad. I doubt he likes giving Pardew money to spend. Harry would bankrupt him.

No, Ashley would bankrupt himself. Contrary to popular opinion Harry Redknapp has not been the finance director at any of his clubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Don't want the guy anywhere near Newcastle, he's financially dodgy and showcases his weaknesses as a manager when he hasn't got stupid amounts of money to chuck at his problems, and when it goes wrong he ends up financially crippling the club like he did Portsmouth and QPR.

Add to that the Remy incident and I would have the guy as one of my least favourite managers.

How is he 'financially dodgy'?
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England job?
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soccer Saturday, and being a guest on any matches on Sky that involve the clubs he has managed.
  • Options
    floyd3592floyd3592 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    After rumours of qpr about to sack harry redknapp, what does everyone reckon his next big job will be?

Will he retire?

I reckon should Newcastle still being in the same state they are in now, then he could end up at Newcastle.

His reputation is tarnished a tad after the few seasons with qpr and not being a success after the amount of money he has spent.

Man as a Sunderland supporter, much as I hate him, I would lurrrrrve the Mags to sack Pardew and then appoint 'Saggy Face'. My God! everyone would just KNOW Ashley is our secret agent then lol.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,065
    Forum Member
    How is he 'financially dodgy'?

I suppose its the tax issues (for which he was acquitted) but then Harry certainly wouldn't be the only one in that situation as we have seen (or not in some cases)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    I suppose its the tax issues (for which he was acquitted) but then Harry certainly wouldn't be the only one in that situation as we have seen (or not in some cases)

That's my point, he was acquitted.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see he'd take on another role. He could rake in ££££s just doing punditing and being a columnist or guest on whatever-the-hell show wants a talking head or renta-quote. He could go on celebrity big brother, splash, strictly - options are endless. He could be a frontman for Churchill Insurance - a double act with their bulldog with a running gag that they look alike.... blimey, I should be his agent!
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selling fruit and veg in a market somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If he retires, i hope he still pops up on transfer day to be interviewed through his car window :D:D
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    If he is sacked will Kevin Bond retain his job....... Chauffeuring for the new manager.