Options

Caught my son...

simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just had the mother of embarrassing situations... I walked in on my son and his friend in his bedroom engaged in oral sex, both naked on his bed. I knew they were spending a lot of time together and have known each other since secondary school but never realised in a month of Sunday’s that they were this close. His mate saw me, I turned and left closing the door. They are both still up there but I haven’t a clue what the heck I am going to say next. Help! They are both 17 btw.

Comments

• Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Simple. Apologise for walking in.

Then see how it goes from there. But no doubt he will be pretty embarassed about it as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this friend a male or female?

Either way, I'd be even more mortified if my mother questioned me or bought the subject up again. Say nothing and pretend it never happened.

Or, suggest he gets a lock on his bedroom door. Or knock and wait for a reply next time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you should lock yourself in the living room until your son's friend plucks up the courage to sneak downstairs and leave....it's a little too late to barge back in to offer any apology now! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this friend a male or female?

Either way, I'd be even more mortified if my mother questioned me or bought the subject up again. Say nothing and pretend it never happened.

Or, suggest he gets a lock on his bedroom door. Or knock and wait for a reply next time?

Male.

I have to admit I didn't knock as the door was slightly ajar so just walked in assuming they were on his Play Station.
  • Options
    DiddoDiddo Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what’s done is done, no good crying over spilled milk, it’s how you move forward that’s important.

I do believe you owe your son an apology for walking in on him, after all at 17, he is entitled to some privacy, what could be a sensible move, would be to make some kind of joke about it, this would cut the atmosphere, and help build the confidence that may have been broken.

Oh, and I’m so pleased I achieved my 1000th post in this particular thread :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must be a really embarassing situation for your son so just pretend it didn't happen and act normally. Don't tell him off or you might risk him keeping too many secrets from you and don't try and say that it's okay as that conversation would be extremely awkward for your son.

edit: I see that the friend was male. Well if you're okay with him being gay then you could just let him know that it's fine and then ignore it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would wait and see if your son attempts to speak to you about it first. If he just ignores the situation, it either means he is embarrassed or does not know how to deal with the situation. Or he is lacking in some respect for you.

What kind of relationship do you have with him?
    Do you usually knock his door before entering? If not then don't feel bad.
    How do you feel about your son doing this under your roof?

I would imagine he is totally mortified but to have a honest relationship with him, I would imagine you have to clear the air.

Good luck.

P.S My son is just turning a teenager, I am dreading when his hormones kick in big style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you discussed what happened with your wife?

If your son is gay, your wife will probably already know, mothers usually do ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonnystar wrote: »
    P.S My son is just turning a teenager, I am dreading when his hormones kick in big style.

Why? :confused:
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diddo wrote: »
    Well what’s done is done, no good crying over spilled milk, it’s how you move forward that’s important.

I do believe you owe your son an apology for walking in on him, after all at 17, he is entitled to some privacy, what could be a sensible move, would be to make some kind of joke about it, this would cut the atmosphere, and help build the confidence that may have been broken.

Oh, and I’m so pleased I achieved my 100th post in this particular thread :D

???

1000th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would wait and see if your son attempts to speak to you about it first. If he just ignores the situation, it either means he is embarrassed or does not know how to deal with the situation. Or he is lacking in some respect for you.

What kind of relationship do you have with him?
    Do you usually knock his door before entering? If not then don't feel bad.
    How do you feel about your son doing this under your roof?

I would imagine he is totally mortified but to have a honest relationship with him, I would imagine you have to clear the air.

Good luck.

We have a very good relationship and I have no problem with him being gay, my concern is that he is happy. I don't have a problem him doing this under my roof, it's his roof too.

Usually if his door is closed, then I knock but if it's ajar he's cool about me walking in and has never said anything.

I don't know who was more shocked, me or his friend with my son's thing in his mouth. :cool:

I guess I am going to have to say something to him, we have always been open in the past, perhaps "here's a lock for the door and some KY"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    ???

1000th

Opps, I got carried away with the excitment :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaww bless you for being such an understanding Dad.

Mind you, after reading this thread, my 4 year old is grounded until he's at least 25 :D
  • Options
    softfuzzsoftfuzz Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thjis is not a good situation. It is time out time . Empty your house and have a good chat with your son about dignity and respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? :confused:

Do you have teenagers?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stephenbw wrote: »
    Have you discussed what happened with your wife?

If your son is gay, your wife will probably already know, mothers usually do ;)

No wife, his mother left him when he was baby so with help I've brought him up, my girlfriend is out at a party tonight, hen night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have teenagers?:)

What's that got to do with it? :confused:

I'm very careful what information I disclose online.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a very good relationship and I have no problem with him being gay, my concern is that he is happy. I don't have a problem him doing this under my roof, it's his roof too.

Usually if his door is closed, then I knock but if it's ajar he's cool about me walking in and has never said anything.

I don't who was more shocked, me or his friend with my son's thing in his mouth. :cool:

I guess I am going to have to say something to him, we have always been open in the past, perhaps "here's a lock for the door and some KY"!

Did you know he was gay?

I'm asking because it might just be that he's confused, and needs someone to explain it all to. I know I had a similar situation when I was his age, and it was confusing for me and I had no-one to talk too.

He might also be more willing to bring it up if you start the convo in the first place and by saying that you are ok with it whichever he prefers. If he doesn't want to talk about it straight away tell him that you'll be there if he ever wants to chat about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Act now! hire a profesional deprogrammer to kidnap your son and wipe the evil brainwashing that has obviously taken place and turned him gay!

Or i guess you could just say sorry and buy him a lock for his door....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know who was more shocked, me or his friend with my son's thing in his mouth. :cool:

Just say the things you have just posted here. I think he is very lucky to have a dad like you. I don't think you have a thing to worry about.:) Still it puzzles me why he would do this with the door ajar:confused:

I can remember kissing my boyfriend on my bed and my dad went ape and kicked him out.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember kissing my boyfriend on my bed and my dad went ape and kicked him out.:mad:

What on earth for :confused: people kiss, it's all part of showing ones love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's that got to do with it? :confused:

I'm very careful what information I disclose online.

Ok, let me put it this way. When you were growing up did you not try to rebel, my son is a lovely person but I think he thinks I am from a different planet sometimes.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just say, that it is so great that you as a parent are more worried about his embarrassment than any issues over his sexuality. :)

Let his friend go, and perhaps let your son know in some subtle way you are cool with things. He might be worried you will be shocked or disappointed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth for :confused: people kiss, it's all part of showing ones love.

Try telling my dad that, he was a bit on the strict side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he thinks I am from a different planet sometimes.

Let me make this clear, I’m not here to have a go at you; just trying to understand you, re your comment above, it may well be how your views come across to your son.

Children / teenagers these days are not as innocent as they once were.

See, in a previous post, you said you dad kicked your bf out for kissing you, now, if you got the impression from that experience that kissing is wrong, how can you translate kissing is perfectly acceptable over to your son.