Dannii not happy with Konnie!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    It's beyond me how she got that job. :confused:
  • XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Konnie is a thick bimbo - her dad must weep himself to sleep.
    Are you basing that on the fact that she's got a degree in Economics from Cambridge? What do you have in comparison genius?
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    apparently he already does for another reason. he's really disappointed in her for marrying a non muslim
    You know her dad then? :rolleyes: Very ignorant and narrow-minded comment to make.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Konnie is a thick bimbo - her dad must weep himself to sleep.

Hardly. She got a 2:1 from Cambridge.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I like Konnie, I don't know why she's getting such a tough time.
    I like Dannii too, but she was out of line there :/
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xad wrote: »
    Are you basing that on the fact that she's got a degree in Economics from Cambridge? What do you have in comparison genius?

You know her dad then? :rolleyes: Very ignorant and narrow-minded comment to make.
    SpeedyUK wrote: »

Exactly my point and look what she's done with it.. or hasn't as is the case.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpeedyUK wrote: »

doesnt mean anything in the real world in terms of stupidity/common sense .. anyway are you saying she plays the role and she really isnt like the character she portrays on the telly ?
    Forum Member
    By the way, I thought Cheryl looked great tonight, she definitely won the war on fashion!

If winning the war on fashion was based on who could look most like an extra from Star Wars...
    Forum Member
    wendy09 wrote: »
    doesnt mean anything in the real world in terms of stupidity/common sense .. anyway are you saying she plays the role and she really isnt like the character she portrays on the telly ?

No, merely that she is not a "thick bimbo". Terrible presenter, yes. But not thick.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in fairness to both of them:

Konnie worded the question totally wrong cause she clearly said "u take ur eye off the ball" which A) sounds like it was aimed at dannii B) very odd wording if ur talking about voters at home??
    C) dannii just lost an act so any criticism of her or her acts wouldn't have gone down a treat (not saying konnie did it on purpose)

in Kon's fairness, she did say she meant the callers but at this point Dannii had already misunderstood and said her piece. but to be honest Kon's wording was stupid.

i'm sure dannii apologized off air.

just a break down in communication that's all.

and to say she is a sore loser is wrong because were just viewers who have no involvement personally with the acts but as a mentor i'm sure she and cheryl grow really close to their acts kind of like a mother to them, so for them losing an act is a massive blow on a personal level, and that's why it's easy for simon and louis to just take it on the chin when they lose acts (as simon said) because i doubt they have the same bond the girls have with their acts.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ333 wrote: »
    Konnie was perfectly clear about "taking their eye off the ball".
    No Konnie said 'often it's the fact YOU think someone's safe and YOU take YOUR eye off the ball' right after talking about Dannii and her mentoring.

To be honest I don't see the big deal. Dannii hardly 'layed' into Konnie, she just replied back quite sharply her point of view. Maybe she was a bit uppity and stroppy but that kinda proves her point. That she does work very hard and does care about what she does and her contestants.

And lets face it, considering this is a show where half the time is spent making snidy backhanded comments making rude digs at one another, so what if someone is a bit frank about things and are willing to show their true emotions?
  • Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please....where is the fairness on this board.:rolleyes: Dannii is my favourite judge and I have been supporting her. However it’s fair to say tonight she was completely out of order with Konnie and acted like a spoiled rude prima donna. :mad::(

After Dannie blamed herself for Aiden leaving, Konnie was reassuring by saying Danni it's not your fault and blamed the voters. There was nothing to misunderstand on Danni’s part and after it was explained to her several times, she still had face like a thunder, Very bitchy and rude.

Ironically Konnie has always been very supportive of Danni and pays lots of complements and attention to her during the judges questions. Unlike Last year when Holly was totally ignoring Dannie and sucking up to Cheryl.

Say what you want about Konnie’s presenting skills but it had nothing to do with Danni’s rudeness tonight.

Felt sorry for poor Konnie, in future she should just treat Danni like everyone else does by Ignoring her and maybe then Danni will show her some respect.

Cheryl was lovely tonight, having taken dislike to Cheryl in the past year and liking Danni. Tonight was an eye opener.

I guess we don’t know those celebrities as much as we think we do. aye ;):D
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Yasmin26 wrote: »
    Please....where is the fairness on this board.:rolleyes: Dannii is my favourite judge and I have been supporting her. However it’s fair to say tonight she was completely out of order with Konnie and acted like a spoiled rude pre Madonna.
    Prima donna*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please....where is the fairness on this board.:rolleyes: Dannii is my favourite judge and I have been supporting her. However it’s fair to say tonight she was completely out of order with Konnie and acted like a spoiled rude pre Madonna. :mad::(

After Dannie blamed herself for Aiden leaving, Konnie was reassuring by saying Danni it's not your fault and blamed the voters. There was nothing to misunderstand on Danni’s part and after it was explained to her several times, she still had face like a thunder, Very bitchy and rude.

Ironically Konnie has always been very supportive of Danni and pays lots of complements and attention to her during the judges questions. Unlike Last year when Holly was totally ignoring Dannie and sucking up to Cheryl.

Say what you want about Konnie’s presenting skills but it had nothing to do with Danni’s rudeness tonight.

Felt sorry for poor Konnie, in future she should just treat Danni like everyone else does by Ignoring and maybe then Danni will show her some respect.

Cheryl was lovely tonight, having taken dislike to Cheryl in the past year and liking Danni. Tonight was eye opener.

I guess we don’t know those celebrities as much as we think we do. :D

lolololol remeber that she's just human like me and u, we often misunderstand things. one little comment like that after being misunderstood and it's a massive eye opener? bit of a silly thing to dislike her for?! but if that's how u feel fair enough:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Prima donna*

• TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    It's a common mistake, don't worry about it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a face like thunder because she had lost one of her acts.

I still don't think she was THAT rude to Konnie, she made a stern but perfectly respectful comeback to what she thought Konnie was meaning. A bit uppity but on the rudeness level I think it scales down pretty low in comparison to the high levels of backhanded insults and interuptions between the judges and presenters we're usually subjected to.

And she was speaking to Konnie perfectly respectfully for the rest of the show.

At worse she was a bit stroppy, it's amazing how people go on about how 'the mask has slipped', 'they're showing their true selves' like everyone who ever gets upset or a bit mardy is really like that all the time they just spend their lives pretending to be happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    lolololol remeber that she's just human like me and u, we often misunderstand things. one little comment like that after being misunderstood and it's a massive eye opener? bit of a silly thing to dislike her for?! but if that's how u feel fair enough:)

Lool:D That was meant to be in the spirit of the exaggeration that goes around in this place. ;)

Well the dislike will go on for at least a week or Until Simon and Co gang up on her then...I can go back to loving Dannii again. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I <3 Tweety wrote: »
    I like Konnie, I don't know why she's getting such a tough time.
    I like Dannii too, but she was out of line there :/

Couldn't agree with this post more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    She had a face like thunder because she had lost one of her acts.

I still don't think she was THAT rude to Konnie, she made a stern but perfectly respectful comeback to what she thought Konnie was meaning. A bit uppity but on the rudeness level I think it scales down pretty low in comparison to the high levels of backhanded insults and interuptions between the judges and presenters we're usually subjected to.

And she was speaking to Konnie perfectly respectfully for the rest of the show.

At worse she was a bit stroppy, it's amazing how people go on about how 'the mask has slipped', 'they're showing their true selves' like everyone who ever gets upset or a bit mardy is really like that all the time they just spend their lives pretending to be happy.

To be honest I don't think Danni was that upset about Aiden leaving to justify her attitude to Konnie.

She seemed perfectly happy beforehand. That excuse does not fly with me neither does blaming Konnie poor presenting skills for Danni's reaction.

People love making excuses for those they like even when they are wrong. I like Danni but tonight she was out of order.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe a simple misunderstanding has created a 5 page thread....maybe a little perspective is needed.
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the nineties she was a guest on this morning and she really snapped at Richard Madely.Does anyone else remember this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lool:D That was meant to be in the spirit of the exaggeration that goes around in this place. ;)

Well the dislike will go on for at least a week or Until Simon and Co gang up on her then...I can go back to loving Dannii again. :D

lololol sorry it's just this thread is always soo serious lo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only asking one little question :o

Didn't realise it'd turn out like this :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    I was only asking one little question :o

Didn't realise it'd turn out like this :o:o

lololololololololololol it's just a thing everyone will wanna give there an opinion on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I don't think Danni was that upset about Aiden leaving to justify her attitude to Konnie.
    But what was her attitude to Konnie?

She said 'Well I wouldn't say I've taken my eye off the ball...' and quite respectfully explained that she disagreed with Konnie's comment for saying she had (even if she meant the callers she quite clearly said YOU, YOU and YOUR after talking about her mentoring being great up till now). Like I say she was firm but respectful and quite clearly upset that someone could suggest she had not tried this week and as she was trying to explain her point had Konnie and Louis shouting over her.

Like I say yes she was a bit stroppy and firm but that was it. Your idea that she is a prima donna and showing the person she 'really is' just because of some inconsequential moment just baffles me slightly. Kinda 'so what?'

It really has nothing to do with whether I like a person or not I find the mentality weird across the board but I suppose that's the internet for you where mountains are made out of the smallest molehill. I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal defending her but I just have a trigger when it comes to character assasinations for the pettiest of things. Ironic I spend time on the internet.