Options

Incredible preview video of next weeks Corrie (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!)

Comments

• Options
    Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    Betty? Despite the fact she is obviously very healthy for 90 I doubt she'd be OK under rubbel or whatever. She could help at the Rovers though, it'd be shame for her not to appear

I know it's a 90-second trailer but I didn't see

Roy
    Audrey
    Chesney
    Kirk
    Graeme
    The Armstrongs

Thanks for that. I also didn't see Emily or Norris.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay_1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I also didn't see Emily or Norris.

Emily and Norris can be seen beside Sophie and Sian behind the cordon
  • Options
    Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily and Norris can be seen beside Sophie and Sian behind the cordon

Well spotted. I didn't notice Michelle, Julie, Eddie or Anna in the trailer either.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay_1983 wrote: »
    Well spotted. I didn't notice Michelle, Julie, Eddie or Anna in the trailer either.

Julie in the Rovers with Sean getting water

Didn't see the others
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Will this be shown on television during ad breaks tonight between X-Factor/I'm A Celebrity when it has the most viewers?
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMFG :eek::eek: that looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! :D

Lovin the background music :cool:
    It's great seeing everybody pull together e.g Nick helping Peter despite him not being happy with him marrying Leanne, David being concerned for his brother :)

For once I actually thought Fiz/Stape storyline looked interesting, those scenes were heartbreaking.

Curly Si and Jason :( looks so sad. And Carla :( (presumably she's concerned for Peter)

Corrie are so going to win best soap at the NTA's and BSA's :D

Reitterating what other folk have said, airing this during X Factor will really bring in t'viewers :D
    Just like to add; it's nice to know non corrie watchers will be tuning in :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that looks so bloody amazing!!!

Coronation street, THE MOVIE!!! :p
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    How have I missed this?
    I can't wait. I just can't wait.
    This'll be better than any old disaster movie, because we know and love the characters...
    The trailer looks fantastic,
    • Gary's, Gail's, Eileen's, Ken's, David's faces as they look on at the devastation...
    • Fizz :eek: acting, and doing a good job of it - rather than over-acting...
    • The screams in the background...
    • Jack crying in Molly's arms...
    • The fires in the back alley...
    • Gary's breakdown...
    • Ciaron rescuing Simon...
    Not to be missed!
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    How have I missed this?
    I can't wait. I just can't wait.
    This'll be better than any old disaster movie, because we know and love the characters...
    The trailer looks fantastic,
    • Gary's, Gail's, Eileen's, Ken's, David's faces as they look on at the devastation...
    • Fizz :eek: acting, and doing a good job of it - rather than over-acting...
    • The screams in the background...
    • Jack crying in Molly's arms...
    • The fires in the back alley...
    • Gary's breakdown...
    • Ciaron rescuing Simon...
    Not to be missed!

isn't Ciaron rescuing Sunita and Jason recuing Simon :confused:

I thought Leanne screamed that Simon was inside the flat so Jason ran inside, found him but struggled to find a way out. And that's why Eileen and Rosie were worried and crying.
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About Betty, I do hope she is in the episodes this week helping out in the Rovers, since it seems that she is being used more often by the Corrie producers since September
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Eddie is in next week - he's going to be in the Joinery.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »

I thought Leanne screamed that Simon was inside the flat so Jason ran inside, found him but struggled to find a way out. And that's why Eileen and Rosie were worried and crying.

Yeah that would make more sense...I need to study the trailer it seems :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the trailer will be shown on tv? or is it just a special one made for the internet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *bump*...
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Major own goal by ITV if they are still showing the old trailer and not this one at every opportunity during this weekend.

It is so incredible that it would have created a record audience. Certainly added millions of casual viewers,

Who on Earth made the decision as I have only seen the old 'street where you live one' yesterday. And this is in a different cosmos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was really disappointed to see the old trailer yesterday during the high peak programmes... unless they decide to show it tonight during one of the breaks during X-Factor since it starts tomorrow...
  • Options
    JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing, like a movie!
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was really disappointed to see the old trailer yesterday during the high peak programmes... unless they decide to show it tonight during one of the breaks during X-Factor since it starts tomorrow...

I'm really hoping this is the case. It would be utterly stupid if they didn't show it during the X Factor results.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah that's why I'm hoping if someone knows it's official or not because usually we are told when a trailer for something will be shown(Doctor Who for example). And since nothing official, I have a feeling it was just for the internet... bit unfair for people who don't have the internet.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »

Not the first time Ciaron's saved Sunita from the burning corner shop... (or was it Dev he plucked to safety last time?)

There are pictures of Kirk being rescued from the Joinery after the explosion - no indication as to whether or not he survives (we can only hope...)

No idea where Anna, Eddie, Roy or Audrey are, though I imagine Audrey will appear at some point looking immaculate :p
  • Options
    auldlangsyneauldlangsyne Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Not the first time Ciaron's saved Sunita from the burning corner shop... (or was it Dev he plucked to safety last time?)

There are pictures of Kirk being rescued from the Joinery after the explosion - no indication as to whether or not he survives (we can only hope...)

No idea where Anna, Eddie, Roy or Audrey are, though I imagine Audrey will appear at some point looking immaculate :p

Mad Maya Monday, Cieran saved Dev, Charlie saved Sunita

Unbelievably it will be the first scene which Cieran has done with Sunita since his return in February, for two people who were once engaged and very nearly married that is remarkable!
  • Options
    AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're in the minority. Internet only trailer then I see.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AppleTango wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap?
    If you're referring to the preview sequence, I'd say it's highly possible you are the only one who thinks that.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with previous comments suggesting ITV should be showing this during peak-time programmes. Presumably the preview trailer cost a few bob to make and it looks so brilliant it's almost guaranteed to appeal to casual viewers, thus potentially increasing the audience for whole 50th anniversary week.

The 'street where I live' trailer, whist good, doesn't have anything like the same impact.